Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-20-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
Lickwid Apex
OD

Drives: '18 Challenger R/T
Send a message via Yahoo to Lickwid Apex
Lurkers

They lurk. They dart in and out of view. Twisted thoughts fill their minds with impossible delusions of grandeur. Whether morning light is peaking through the clouds or shadows spill out around street lamps.

They lurk.

I know their plight. I know the feeling that creeps into their feet and hands as they twitch over the wheel and shifter. They want to pounce and dominate.

These are the lurkers.
But I don’t take the bait.

My lurker is a guy that drives a white Mazda Speed 3. I see him a couple times a week on my way to work. He's always close by with an occasional rev and a grin. Does anyone else have a lurker?
Lickwid Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #2
jason25

Drives: 2014 Camaro
Yes, young kid in a blue infinity with a fart can muffler. I swear he waits for me to leave work almost everyday and flies by me high revving trying to provoke a race, it's not happening. I always hope their is a cop just ahead.
jason25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:48 AM   #3
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
Funny enough, Black GT500 always trying me at the red light after work. Always waiting for a LEO to be doing radar/laser up ahead.

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:40 PM   #4
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
I have a cop that hangs out near my neighbor hood lurking about, just waiting for me to screw up lol, good thing those "driving like a madman" years are way behind me.....
Old 05-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #5
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
Yes, young kid in a blue infinity with a fart can muffler. I swear he waits for me to leave work almost everyday and flies by me high revving trying to provoke a race, it's not happening. I always hope their is a cop just ahead.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:31 PM   #6
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
We have an obnoxious sounding V6 mustang that revs his engine every time he drives by the shop.. I just LOL

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #7
Shock Em

Drives: '15 AGM 2SS/RS, '12 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
You must be so much fun at parties.
Shock Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:16 PM   #8
CamaroJoe96

Drives: 2013 Full Bolt on LFX M6
A bright yellow SVT focus every time I get off the toll road!
Old 05-20-2014, 04:46 PM   #9
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftDream View Post
You must be so much fun at parties.
I am... to those who don't mind getting their balls busted. And I take as well as I give.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 05-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #10
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007s 'Vert View Post
I have a cop that hangs out near my neighbor hood lurking about, just waiting for me to screw up lol, good thing those "driving like a madman" years are way behind me.....
Amen. It sure is tempting though.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:41 PM   #11
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Quote:
Amen. It sure is tempting though.
Ya it is......about two weeks ago I was on the main road and turned down a side street, I was still in the turn and straightening up when I decided I needed to hear my dual mode exhaust speak so I gunned it a little and in the process I fishtailed a bit but it was under control, I got up to speed (35 MPH limit on the road) and leveled off at 40 MPH and was getting close to the stop sign where I turn, I glanced in my rear view mirror and saw an LEO with his lights a flashing back where I made that turn and was a ways back from me. so I turned and got into my driveway and carport(it is tucked back from the road so u gotta really be looking to see me car parked in there) I shut the car off and got out and went and sat on the front steps of my house. Now I dont know if the cop was after me but it sure seemed that way to me for a few horrifying moments, but about twenty seconds later he comes hauling arse down my road (flashing lights turned off) and I just sat there watching him fly by. Then a few seconds later a couple other cops went flying by in a big hurry, so I figured they werent after me(I dont live in the greatest neighborhood by the way, lots of stuff happens here) and I live on a busy 4 lane road
Now I see this cop lurking everywhere a lot of times in my neighborhood, has followed me a couple times too.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:00 PM   #12
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007s 'Vert View Post
Ya it is......about two weeks ago I was on the main road and turned down a side street, I was still in the turn and straightening up when I decided I needed to hear my dual mode exhaust speak so I gunned it a little and in the process I fishtailed a bit but it was under control, I got up to speed (35 MPH limit on the road) and leveled off at 40 MPH and was getting close to the stop sign where I turn, I glanced in my rear view mirror and saw an LEO with his lights a flashing back where I made that turn and was a ways back from me. so I turned and got into my driveway and carport(it is tucked back from the road so u gotta really be looking to see me car parked in there) I shut the car off and got out and went and sat on the front steps of my house. Now I dont know if the cop was after me but it sure seemed that way to me for a few horrifying moments, but about twenty seconds later he comes hauling arse down my road (flashing lights turned off) and I just sat there watching him fly by. Then a few seconds later a couple other cops went flying by in a big hurry, so I figured they werent after me(I dont live in the greatest neighborhood by the way, lots of stuff happens here) and I live on a busy 4 lane road
Now I see this cop lurking everywhere a lot of times in my neighborhood, has followed me a couple times too.

You live off Boulder too?
Old 05-20-2014, 08:00 PM   #13
F-16 Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black
Quote:
I am... to those who don't mind getting their balls busted. And I take as well as I give.
Recently I've taken to correcting my wife's pronunciation of you're.

She knows the difference between your and you're when typed. But she pronounces each the same.

Your would be pronounced yore, and you're should be pronounced yure.

Every time I correct her she gets ENRAGED.

Just thought I'd share!
F-16 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:08 PM   #14
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Kinky. But keep your personal life personal.

shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote