Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #1
Beer Thirty
5:30 somewhere

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT
Test drove a 15 mustang

I love my camaro, great car. Have no plans to get rid of it.I have to admit the interior of the mustang blows away the camaro. Air conditioning seats are amazing. The different drive modes and the track pack option is incredible. The car drives and feels like a high end sports car. Chevy better do a major step up in the 2016. The camaro looks more aggressive then a mustang. But I did not realize how bulking and heavy the camaro feels to a mustang. Not bashing our camaros at all. Just totally to different cars. Just hope Chevy really steps the 16 up to compete with Ford.
Beer Thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:55 PM   #2
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Thirty View Post
I love my camaro, great car. Have no plans to get rid of it.I have to admit the interior of the mustang blows away the camaro. Air conditioning seats are amazing. The different drive modes and the track pack option is incredible. The car drives and feels like a high end sports car. Chevy better do a major step up in the 2016. The camaro looks more aggressive then a mustang. But I did not realize how bulking and heavy the camaro feels to a mustang. Not bashing our camaros at all. Just totally to different cars. Just hope Chevy really steps the 16 up to compete with Ford.
This reads like a Ford commercial.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:15 PM   #3
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Quote:
Wow traitor!!!!!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 02:52 PM   #4
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
I sat in one for the first time on Friday and was shocked at how much better the interior is compared to the Camaro. It's like the difference between the Seahawks and the Raiders. Not even close.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 03:10 PM   #5
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Well on one hand we have a car at the end of its production cycle and another at the start.

The 2016 Gen6 Camaro will put the blue oval boys in their place.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:04 PM   #6
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Improvements are coming very quickly these days. This is the "good old days" for car enthusiasts.

Just like your Camaro would have seemed like a more competent car than a 2006 Mustang in 2011, the 2015 Mustang surpasses your 2011 Camaro.

This has been going on forever, but today it's going on a little quicker. if one maker didn't top another, the house falls down on performance cars.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:14 PM   #7
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
I test drove a GT Mustang before I purchased my Z/28. Yes the interior is nice. They did a fresh upgrade to the 14 Mustang interior but there are a lot of similarities. Overall, the interior is a big plus and has good attention to detail.

The body styling is terrible IMO and doesn't appeal to me at all. Complete failure IMO. I didn't like it in pictures and was told I needed to see/experience it in person. The GT drives better than the previous mustangs but does NOT drive like a high end sports car. Very soft suspension, flops and rolls in curves when pushed hard. Steering feel is bland. Could be a very good daily driver though. Personally, I give the car 6.5 out of 10 mainly because I hate the looks. It has no character, no soul, which is opposite of the C5 Camaro or Challenger which are the last of the American muscle cars. The Mustang has completely lost it's way from it's roots. Many will disagree but that's my opinion.

I wouldn't waste a dime on it. If I wanted a euro looking car, I'd buy a BMW or a VW GTI.

BTW, in case you're wondering, I'm NOT a brand loyalist. I've owned 3 Mustang GT's and loved them all. Also, owned SRT Challenger, Charger, etc. I would much rather have a 15 SRT Challenger over the 15 Mustang GT any day of the week.

2016 Nightfall Gray Camaro SS

Last edited by Front Runner; 03-22-2015 at 05:57 PM.
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 05:51 PM   #8
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Please elaborate on how it drives and feels like a high end sports car?
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:09 PM   #9
87GNX

Drives: Alot
The last American Mustang was obviously the 2014. I dont care for the looks of the 2015 either but it is a really nice driving car. Very refined, with great interior and Ford decided to target a different audience this time by going global to capture more sales. The 2016 camaro is what I'm personally excited about.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:09 PM   #10
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
The 6th gen will hopefully see a major improvement in the quality of the interior. It has to. Have any of y'all seen what Dodge just did to the Challenger? Looks damn good. So Chevy now has serious competition from Ford AND Dodge in that respect.
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:42 PM   #11
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
I don't know where the thought of Mustang "taking on" European/global cues is not a part of its heritage.

The first Mustangs were advertised as "styling and features of expensive European road cars combined with an American mass-production price." That's from Ford themselves: http://www.thehenryford.org/exhibits.../1965/pr1.html
Old 03-23-2015, 07:58 AM   #12
STOCK1SC

Drives: 2012 Charger
The 2015 is gorgeous in person but I have never been a fan of the interiors.
STOCK1SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:06 AM   #13
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I drove an ecoboost. Was not impressed at all by the performance. Ride and feel was nice though.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:45 AM   #14
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
The mustang doesn't do anything for me. I will give them credit for working over their interior (in fact mustang has had good interiors for a little while), but IMO Ford missed the boat on the styling. If you look very closely, the car has the same skeleton as the previous generation, but the Japanese and euro look to me betrays the pony car heritage. The rear pillars and quarter panels seem weak in appearace as well.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote