Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-14-2010, 01:12 PM   #29
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I thought Competition Mode left TC on since the TC off light is not illuminated. The book isn't quite that definitive but does mention it helps control wheel spin.

The T/C light does not come on in Comp Mode so I just assumed T/C was on.

I normally do my burnouts at the track w/ everything off haven't paid that much attention to burnouts
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #30
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Why doesn't the TC light come on if TC is disabled in Comp mode?
Quote:
I thought Competition Mode left TC on since the TC off light is not illuminated. The book isn't quite that definitive but does mention it helps control wheel spin.

I normally do my burnouts at the track w/ everything off haven't paid that much attention to burnouts
Sorry, I was typing too fast and got #3 backwards. I fixed it in my post. It actually turns StabiliTrak off and puts TCS in reduced mode, but not off. Sorry for the mis-type.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #31
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Sorry, I was typing too fast and got #3 backwards. I fixed it in my post. It actually turns StabiliTrak off and puts TCS in reduced mode, but not off. Sorry for the mis-type.
Thanks... because they really never go into what exactly happens with TC. I always turn everything off to do a good burnout at the track. I've been in Comp mode before and it's tougher to do a burnout. Making sense now.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:31 AM   #32
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:

Quote:
Thanks... because they really never go into what exactly happens with TC. I always turn everything off to do a good burnout at the track. I've been in Comp mode before and it's tougher to do a burnout. Making sense now.
Yeah, if you want raw performance of the car everything off is the best answer. If you look at the piece you posted from the owner's manual, it reads like in Competitive Mode both TCS and StabiliTrak are on, but in some reduced capacity. Really hard to tell though what is doing what. So for pure unalduterated "Mayhem", turn it all off and hold on!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #33
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Now that I know all four modes, I need to find an empty parking lot and try each mode out. This might be a fun experiment!
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:20 AM   #34
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Ram2500Hemi View Post
Now that I know all four modes, I need to find an empty parking lot and try each mode out. This might be a fun experiment!
Personally, I think this is a great idea for anybody with any car. It is good to get your car out of control a little bit (in a controlled environment) and make sure you can understand how it reacts and correct it. Plus, it's just fun!