Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Camaro Blackout Decal Option Thread:

http://www.autotrimdesign.net/detail...kout_Kit.html#

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...091210009r8656

I know there was already a thread before this thread with talk about the black out stripe option on the aftermarket. I just wanna keep the discussion open along with some answers from the dealerships.

Ok, first off, I was dissapointed that Chevrolet did'nt include this as a factory option with the Camaro. So.. we had to rely on others to get it done and get it done right. As it stands, there are two popular aftermarket kits out there, Rider Graphix and Auto Trim Designs, both with well looking products. Auto Trim Designs actually offers you pretty much any colour you could imagine when it comes to picking your dream decals.

However, tonight I decided to order and fire off some questions to my Chevrolet dealer asking if this decal can be installed along side the stripes when the car arrives (makes sense right ).

Will they do it? Some people think they will, others dont. I have my fingers crossed because I know I'm not any good at applying window tint and if applying decals is just like doing tint, I dont stand a chance. When the decals come in, I will need someone to do the job.

The kits say easy and can be removed easily. Does anyone have any experience doing there own decals?

FYI, for those of you who dont know, you have three options when installing this black out design. The top piece which surrounds the Chevy logo by itself like in the picture below, the piece that wraps around the lights or both of them together which is what I will be attempting to accomplish
Attached Images

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED

Last edited by DJ ATOMIX; 05-11-2009 at 07:51 PM. Reason: added another photo
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Just an update for everyone, my order processed for one of Rider Graphix's decals off of Ebay. When I get my Camaro, I will be sure to take lots of photos with the decals installed for ya all.

I'll just give you a heads up that Rider Graphix is the only one so far that garantees a seamless wrap from your trunk to the bumper. Just some food for thought.

Shaun

ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
Old 05-11-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
autoguy

Drives: 10 SS,11 SS Pace, 13 ZL1 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
Just an update for everyone, my order processed for one of Rider Graphix's decals off of Ebay. When I get my Camaro, I will be sure to take lots of photos with the decals installed for ya all.

I'll just give you a heads up that Rider Graphix is the only one so far that garantees a seamless wrap from your trunk to the bumper. Just some food for thought.

Shaun
Thanks Shaun. We took specific interest in this area. By doing it the way we did, you will not see a line of body color paint between the trunk and lower fascia.

Our upper piece will wrap under the edge of the trunk and the lower fascia piece will extend into the opening so there is an overlap in the vinyl color.

autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Looks good, but I personally don't like the look around the tail lights. . .
Old 05-11-2009, 09:54 PM   #5
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Yikes, Ebay is $99 opposed to RiderGraphix.com, I just noticed that. I just got ripped off $10 by not getting it from the actual website :(

Old 05-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #6
autoguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
Yikes, Ebay is $99 opposed to RiderGraphix.com, I just noticed that. I just got ripped off $10 by not getting it from the actual website :(
You didn't get ripped off. Actually it ended up being the same with your Canadian Shipping added at $20.00 on ebay. Canadian shipping is $30.00 if ordered on our website. Ebay fees make the prices higher.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:03 PM   #7
vladkgb

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS Pewter
nice gfx rider. how about the black out under the grill in the front. thanks
Old 05-11-2009, 10:10 PM   #8
autoguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladkgb View Post
nice gfx rider. how about the black out under the grill in the front. thanks
Working on that piece too. We will add it to our website as soon as it is ready.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:15 PM   #9
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
Looks good, but I personally don't like the look around the tail lights. . .
The only way around that is to paint the area, like the LS7 showcar. Graphics won't work like that.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:20 PM   #10
autoguy

I also believe the photo I have posted above magnifies the body color under the lights because of the high angle of the picture. If you look at it straight on, it will be much less noticeable.

Here is a pic from straight on in back.... It is a pre-production prototype, so the center of the lower section was not yet stretched to wrap into the opening, but you can see how the area around the lights is not as obvious from this angle.

On our production kit, you will not see any body color between the upper and lower sections.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #11
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
You didn't get ripped off. Actually it ended up being the same with your Canadian Shipping added at $20.00 on ebay. Canadian shipping is $30.00 if ordered on our website. Ebay fees make the prices higher.
Ok, that makes me feel much better. I guess Ebay has to make there share too :/

Shaun

Old 05-11-2009, 10:59 PM   #12
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
Working on that piece too. We will add it to our website as soon as it is ready.
I will most likely get that as well if that piece comes about!

Shaun

Old 05-11-2009, 11:01 PM   #13
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
hey auto guy, I think you guys should sell just the rear blackout piece like in the first pic that is offered through the dealer... I like the rear blackout idea just not the bottom piece

ooo and I am so happy you guys are offering the rally stripes... I want black but not matte so I am glad you are offering gloss

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #14
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
hey auto guy, I think you guys should sell just the rear blackout piece like in the first pic that is offered through the dealer... I like the rear blackout idea just not the bottom piece
I'm in this boat, too, but I want to modify it slightly. This is how I want the tail of my Aqua Blue Camaro to look, blackout-wise, with a comparison to the regular.
Attached Images

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote