Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2009, 03:13 PM   #85
Grimmjow
6th Espada

Drives: 05 Mustang (Screaming Yellow)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetiger777 View Post
The cars had been sitting there for the weekend. I'm assuming it was a precaution in case the batteries had drained.
Yeah, it helps put energon into the car.
Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #86
jcamere94z28

Drives: None
Quote:
Not according to the guys who were loading them up.
who would know more... Scott that works for GM and breaths and sweats Camaro... or some guys that get paid by the hour to load up cars? any type of cars...
jcamere94z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:48 PM   #87
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmjow View Post
Yeah, it helps put energon into the car.
awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamere94z28 View Post
who would know more... Scott that works for GM and breaths and sweats Camaro... or some guys that get paid by the hour to load up cars? any type of cars...
thank you, took the words outta my mouth there.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #88
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack View Post
this is just plain silly...gm have you learned nothing? for 1k,make the car better,safer,faster...don't give us some emblem,stickers etc...

(prepares for incoming) if your going to make a movie car,look over your shoulder and see how ford did it....
guarantee this will still sell well. they'd be stupid NOT to cash in on the Transformers publicity.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:05 PM   #89
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack View Post
this is just plain silly...gm have you learned nothing? for 1k,make the car better,safer,faster...don't give us some emblem,stickers etc...

(prepares for incoming) if your going to make a movie car,look over your shoulder and see how ford did it....

and just how much more did that package cost?

Quote:
Not according to the guys who were loading them up.
and im sure the guys loading the car on and off the trailer were the exact same guys that BUILT the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
guarantee this will still sell well. they'd be stupid NOT to cash in on the Transformers publicity.

yes it does seem like a waste of time to some people, but there are plenty more people out there who will love the idea of a transformers package from the factory/dealer for an extra thousand. with custom door sills, embroidery work, and stripes on your own you are looking at spending a lot more than $1000.00

I understand a lot of people dont like it, and thats fine, but just remember, the thousands of average people who dont frequent forums that buy this package (and the Camaro to begin with) are what keeps this car alive. I like the availability of "little" packages like this as it widens the available list of customers for GM.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:11 PM   #90
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
you can do this for a lot cheaper and better on your own...the emblems probably shouldn't cost you more than 200 bucks

i can understand cost savings and a high profit but this is just shameless and an insult to the integrity of people...not even the stripes are done correctly

there might be enough uninformed people who will pay the 1000 dollars ....but i fail to see what added costs became a part of this car for the package

it looks very tacky as well and looks like something the 40 yr old virgin would get
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:13 PM   #91
sloan

Drives: 2010 2LT, 1967 SS/RS 350
I think it's pretty cool myself although I also think the fender badges will be a high theft item. And why only on the yellow cars? It's all marketing. I have a yellow 2LT with just over 1500 miles on it that we've had for almost exactly a month and almost every time I take it out I hear somebody say "Bumblebee" and people stand around the car to take pictures of themselves with it. And the car doesn't even have the rally stripes on it (yet - damaged in shipment). It's eye-catching, it's flashy, and it draws a crowd.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #92
Brangeta

Drives: '95 Z28 and '02 SS 35thLE
Okaaaayyyyyy... who else got excited about this until they saw the pics? I thought perhaps it would be the same color and have the same stripes as the one in the movie. Disappointed.

Member of the Camaro5 - DFW Group
Brangeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #93
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanotheDyno View Post
fbodfather,
i know you've heard this a million times but GM should REALLY look a Jinx's photoshoped camaros, they are just BEAUTIFUL.
no man....jinx's stuff is more fringe and won't appeal to everyone...and it looks sort of ricey

i'm sick of all these custom camaros that just make the car look bulky if your going to customize the camaro stop bulking it up and actually create an actual sleeker look

the only proper customizations should be those that try to mimic the concept...anything else is just bulky plastic to me
Old 07-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #94
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
you can do this for a lot cheaper and better on your own...the emblems probably shouldn't cost you more than 200 bucks

i can understand cost savings and a high profit but this is just shameless and an insult to the integrity of people...not even the stripes are done correctly

there might be enough uninformed people who will pay the 1000 dollars ....but i fail to see what added costs became a part of this car for the package

it looks very tacky as well and looks like something the 40 yr old virgin would get
kindly go read fbodfather's post, then re address your position
Old 07-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #95
Brokinarrow

Quote:
no man....jinx's stuff is more fringe and won't appeal to everyone...and it looks sort of ricey

i'm sick of all these custom camaros that just make the car look bulky if your going to customize the camaro stop bulking it up and actually create an actual sleeker look

the only proper customizations should be those that try to mimic the concept...anything else is just bulky plastic to me
key word, to you. everyone has their own taste.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:24 PM   #96
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
kindly go read fbodfather's post, then re address your position
i did read it and i respect fbod...but i mean at least if the stripes were the same as the movie then it would look more worthy...and the package would be justified...

i mean if people have taken their camaro and got the stripes done correctly on their own no reason why gm couldn't make a new decal for it...i understand it would cost them more to factory produce another one

but in the end i'm not knocking them for it since they need all the profit they can get and this is probably a nice little revenue generator for them with minimal costs

i wouldn't buy it since i don't care for the bumblebee look anyway but i hope a lot of people buy it to help out gm
Old 07-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #97
Ranger 75

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IBM
For a CHILD!
Ranger 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #98
Brokinarrow

Quote:
i did read it and i respect fbod...but i mean at least if the stripes were the same as the movie then it would look more worthy...and the package would be justified...

i mean if people have taken their camaro and got the stripes done correctly on their own no reason why gm couldn't make a new decal for it...i understand it would cost them more to factory produce another one

but in the end i'm not knocking them for it since they need all the profit they can get and this is probably a nice little revenue generator for them with minimal costs

i wouldn't buy it since i don't care for the bumblebee look anyway but i hope a lot of people buy it to help out gm
feel ya there, definitely shoulda gone with the actual bumblebee stripes.