Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #29
69 Firebird

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS, 1969 Firebird 350HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
I have a '13 ZL1 with MyLink and its doing something really annoying. Every time I turn the radio on the screen shows a black window that says "navigation initializing" for about 10 seconds. Then it goes to the navigation menu even though I didn't tell it to.

This happens every time I start the radio and its really annoying. I don't want it going to any navigation stuff unless I tell it to. I took it to the dealer and they were scratching their heads but couldn't find a solution. So they're going to contact GM tech support to see what the remedy is.

I'm hoping someone in this forum can throw me a lifeline as to what needs to be done. Is this a software fix or a radio replacement situation?
Mine did this the other month. It happened after I had entered a destination and never completed it (I think I had stopped a few feet away from it saying I had arrived). After trying to reset with no luck I entered another destination then went and cancelled it. Problem went away, figured it was just looping.
69 Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote