Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-11-2017, 02:09 PM   #15
frenchsquared

Drives: 15 Z28, 01 Corvette, 96 Corvette
Southern Colorado is full of them. Every kid in my town wants a diesel race truck. I so don't get it. If you want to go fast a 9,000 lb truck is not the way to do it.

My son is 17 and all he talks about is getting a diesel so he can roll coal and go fast. Remember I have a 600hp Corvette, a Z28 and a LT4 C4 Corvette. My son thinks a damn diesel truck will be fast. Facebook, YouTube and whatever else has ruined common sense.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:14 PM   #16
KellyF

Drives: 2013 1le
I had a duramax crew cab that I had built that would run mid tens and dynoed just over 1300hp, drove it on the street, and towed a bit with it. It had 300% over injectors, I had tunes that would only lightly haze for street driving. There's no reason for guys to be blacking out intersections, they're their own worst enemy.
Attached Images

KellyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:15 PM   #17
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
I live in Colorado... so here's my take.

I absolutely hate rolling coal... I hate smelling it, I hate seeing it, I hate being behind it, I think it's a hazard!

I hope they enforce it... like they enforce sound laws in small towns because a certain segment of riders like to rev their bikes w/ straight pipes when riding thru the town.

It's offensive and it's dangerous!
agree with rolling coal - obnoxious.

Loud Bikes, I follow the philosophy of the South Park F word episode.

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/254812...ay-from-it-all

Last edited by DenverTaco07; 05-11-2017 at 02:36 PM.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:23 PM   #18
cconn

Drives: 2013 Silver 2SS/RS M6
In don't like people doing it, but we don't need more vague laws. Just another example of the "I don't like it so lets outlaw it" group think. This is a slippery slop and pretty soon they are coming for something you do enjoy. Like the aftermarket exhaust on your car that is just slightly louder than stock.

2013 Silver 2SS RS M6. Kooks ceramic coated headers and HF cats, K&N CAI, Tuned by East Texas Musclecars.
2015 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax LTZ Z71
cconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:29 PM   #19
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by cconn View Post
In don't like people doing it, but we don't need more vague laws. Just another example of the "I don't like it so lets outlaw it" group think. This is a slippery slop and pretty soon they are coming for something you do enjoy. Like the aftermarket exhaust on your car that is just slightly louder than stock.
at a certain point, like the zl1meggadon guy where he himself couldn't even take the noise level of his own car, yet expected everyone including his neighbors to put up with it...well yes, you should not be allowed BY LAW to do that.

I don't know what "slightly louder" means exactly, probably different for everyone, but that's why they have decibel meters.

Why are laws bad? We are a nation of laws, yes, some people win and some lose - it's the way it works.

Last year Colorado passed a ban on High Cap magazines...I lost, but I didn't lose any sleep over it and it hasn't changed my life ONE IOTA.

A couple years ago Colorado Supreme court declared it unconstitutional (?) or contrary to the state statute for college campuses to ban firearms by folks with a CCW because the firearm LAW didn't specifically ban it on college campuses - I won...yay for me! College administrations lost...

I firmly believe that the sole purpose of "rolling coal" is to be an obnoxious d!ck and so I fully support any law that will curb an immature douchebag from being an obnoxious d1ck! Now if they will only enforce it.

Last edited by DenverTaco07; 05-11-2017 at 02:47 PM.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:00 PM   #20
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
As a driver of a 1 ton Dodge with a Cummins I find the whole "roll'n coal" thing to be in poor taste. A big truck working a big load should be expected to pour out a nice haze, but the thick cloud of black smoke that blots out the sun is completely ridiculous.

I've done injector pump tuning on my Dodge, and she'll smoke a little off boost, but nothing absurd like a lot of these guys do. It drives me nuts - but I'm afraid legislation is gonna hurt guys like me, who aren't out there causing a problem. Same old deal, a few idiots ruin it for the rest of us.
Attached Images

GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:06 PM   #21
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
I own a LBZ duramax with upgrades and tuner. Personally I do not drive around with a rich tune that causes blowing coal. I find it offensive as well. Doing it on purpose and every once in awhile from a stop light is different to me though. On purpose as motorcycle rider I would follow you until you stopped.

For environmental and stupid morons that cause this problem it is a good law to think about.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:18 PM   #22
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Po Po should just fine the hell out of them on existing traffic laws.

Don't need more laws. But those bubba redneck dips hit aholes that smoke people out. F - em. Fines to hell, tow, reissue lic plate after fixed and not smoking. Don't need new laws to do that. That's called impounding an unsafe vehicle and fining the hell out of a careless driver.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:21 AM   #23
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
I still think rolling coal looks cool only from a show perspective. on the street and just doing it to be a prick is not cool.
its dangerous to black out a intersection. unhealthy to smoke people out.

when I was truck driving the lower 48 and I had max load 80,000 pounds my truck never belched out black smoke even when pushing it hard up hill and I had a pro star built in Mexico everything fell apart, ex the Cummins that ran like a top. and because I learned manual trans on a 18 wheeler I still double clutch when down shifting
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote