Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #99
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmk2003 View Post
Looks good man but you are way braver than I am.

I can change all the fluids in the world, race the piss out of it, hack open the computer and tune it to death.......but I can't bring myself to cut open tailights or things like that!

I would love a HUD but I can bring myself to cut up the dash!

Ken
Haha thanks. Cutting the lenses was scary but its nothing compared to what im about to do, Cutting up the front bumper and hacking the front crush bar along with lower grille.....if i screw up....its going to cost me big time, Risk ill take
Old 02-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #100
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmk2003 View Post
Looks good man but you are way braver than I am.

I can change all the fluids in the world, race the piss out of it, hack open the computer and tune it to death.......but I can't bring myself to cut open tailights or things like that!

I would love a HUD but I can bring myself to cut up the dash!

Ken
Too bad your not closer I could do your Hud. I did mine and hopeing to upgrade to the zl1 hud. I'll have a maggy soon. I'm thinking you should be able to pick up boost with the hud. that would be a nice feature. opps didnt mean to jump jack your thread
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #101
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionssfan View Post
Too bad your not closer I could do your Hud. I did mine and hopeing to upgrade to the zl1 hud. I'll have a maggy soon. I'm thinking you should be able to pick up boost with the hud. that would be a nice feature. opps didnt mean to jump jack your thread
......haha no problem
Old 02-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #102
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Tackled more of the Fog light relocation today!

I used a Dremel and Cut out a portion of the lower grille to make way for the Fog light. The light is actually a bit bigger then one of the spaces so had to cut into alittle to the left on each side but it does fit right in nicely.

The lights are just resting in place right now, I still need to line them up straight and make a bracket to hold them in place to the crush support bumper.

In order for this to work the black plactic support frame behind the bumper needed to be cut and the support frame it self needed to come off the car and its going to be notched out and weld in a new peice of metal to allow the fog light to fit all the way inside as they sit in the photo above.

More photos to follow in the next few weeks as i attempt a trial and error method on the brackets
Old 02-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #103
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Keep working Tim, we're watching and waiting.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #104
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Keep working Tim, we're watching and waiting.
Haha...thanks bud

Unfortunately I have to have surgery tomorrow that will put out of commission for a little over a week so nothing more until after next weekend
Old 02-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #105
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Well i decided that my Camaro needed a newer friend so i fell victim to the presidents day sales and picked up a new 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 BigHorn.

Will be picking up the truck tomorrow (tuesday)
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #106
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Ok i was able to get about 2hrs of work in last night and so far everything seems to be coming out great. Alot of trial and error involved but i almost have it done perfect. I think one more solid night and should have a finished product.

Here is what i used, If you go to buy a T3 set there is an optional Bracket you can buy to house the DRL inside the Port, well i happened to buy that bracket shown below. (this bracket can be bought without buying t3 ports)

From here i decided i would use this as my mounting hardware, what i did was cut off all the unneeded parts, i chopped off the rounded edge and the angled part and came out with this.

I sanded down the edges to match nicely. then did a trial fit onto the fog light.

Then did a test fit in the Spot i made for the DRL, i had to notch out a bit more of the Black plastic shield.

Then this is how im going to connect the bracket to the car. I took a thick peice of diamond plating, cut it down to size and placed it behind the drl bracket. What i did is cut the holes in the diamond place and then enlarged the holes on the diamond plating only to make sure the clips on the DRL had plenty of room to fully seat into the Bracket.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #107
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Once everything was drilled out this is what i came up with

The Diamond plate was attached to the DRL Bracket by two small nuts and bolts as seen above.

From here the above Bracet will have to be measured exact to the top of the crush frame and the Diamond plate will be bent at the correct 90 degree angle and that top part will be bolted to the crush frame.

In order for the fog light to even have room to sit in the lower grille the Crush frame just be notched out as seen below.

And here is the final for the frame.

This is what i have for now, over the next few days we will be bending the brackets to fit into the notched out portion of the crush frame and should line up perfect with the lower grille. The top part of the diamond plate will be drilled two elongated holes. We will drill two holes through the notched out portion of the frame and put a long stud through holding it on with a nut and washer, then put the crush frame on the car. When i go to put the bumper on i will slid the bracket onto the two studs and then once everything is lined up tighten down the nuts and should be done. I will show that process with pictures when i tackle that part either tomorrow night or over the weekend
Old 03-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #108
lionssfan

I'm glad I'm not the only one with his front bumper in the family room I'm doing a SS emblem install. If I was married I'd probably be in the garage doing it.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #109
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionssfan View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one with his front bumper in the family room I'm doing a SS emblem install. If I was married I'd probably be in the garage doing it.
Haha my wife would kill me if i did this in the living room, thankfully i have a very large 56x26 family room in my basement, which is my man cave!!
Old 03-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #110
lionssfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
Haha my wife would kill me if i did this in the living room, thankfully i have a very large 56x26 family room in my basement, which is my man cave!!

Niceeeeee size man cave 56 by 26! grunt grunt Got to give your wife credit at least she allows it in the house at all!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #111
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
With a big bulk head door you could get the Camaro in there.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #112
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
With a big bulk head door you could get the Camaro in there.
haha, ill keep it in the garage!!!

Only reason i use my basement is cause its heated!!