Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-22-2009, 06:54 AM   #1
Rocks RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Question Allocation question?

I have not gotten a good understanding on this whole process. Some help with understanding would be appreciated.

Now for the issue. Does the dealership get 2 cars for the showroom before they get any cars to cover the preorders?

I am #1 at the dealership and just wondering if I will get the true first one or if I will have to wait until all dealerships get 2.

Thanks for the comments.

Sporting MRT V1, Hurst short throw, and Injen long tube and loving it!!!

Also, over 125,000 miles and going.
Rocks RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:18 AM   #2
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdawg View Post

"...Does the dealership get 2 cars for the showroom before they get any cars to cover the preorders?

I am #1 at the dealership and just wondering if I will get the true first one or if I will have to wait until all dealerships get 2..."
I could be wrong but it sounds like you understand it pretty well to me. That was what I pieced together throughout all the noise and confusion over this. I seem to remember a post or two from Fbodfather that addressed this question but can't find it at the moment...
Edrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:01 AM   #3
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
I have a couple of questions that hopefully can be cleared up. I ask my dealer (who is on here) one of these and I have received conflicting information from him and other people on the board.

The first question: the V6 each dealer is getting, is this a production vehicle that can be sold and are these the vehicles that are getting produced starting March 16th? We know the plant is producing Camaro's even now, is it possible the vehicles the dealers are getting will be these test fleet vehicles and the allocation vehicles for order start in march?

Second question: There has been some information that each dealer will be getting two V6's allocations at the very beginning, one that they have no choice over for the show room and one to order. However at the same time others have said they just get the show room vehicle (V6) then general allocation opens and a dealer can order whatever they want. Which of these is the correct scenario, do we even know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Question 1 - yes, it CAN be sold....but a dealer MAY want to hang on to it to show customers what the car is all about.

2 - these are two additional allocations, a little later on...Sorry, I'm actually at home and I don't have word for word notes with me at the moment...but I do recall these can be for customer orders. Keep in mind the goal (at least for us) is to get people who want a Camaro as soon as they can.

These 2 back to back posts from a different thread is all I could find at the moment. IMO, CamaroScotty has been a pretty solid source and goes the extra mile to investigate and understand all that is going on with the Camaro so I would go with this. Hope this helps.
Edrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:05 AM   #4
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Best thing to do, is ask your dealer what their plans are.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
Seems I know whats up before my dealer does, from reading this forum. I knew about the oct pre order before my dealer did. I also have been confused about the process.
Tell me if I am correct. This is the way I understand it.
I orderd a 2LT/RS in victory red. My dealer told me they have 15 allocations and I am their first order. So If I understand correctly I have a good chance of getting my car around May or there abouts??
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:58 AM   #6
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeron View Post
Seems I know whats up before my dealer does, from reading this forum. I knew about the oct pre order before my dealer did. I also have been confused about the process.
I orderd a 2LT/RS in victory red. My dealer told me they have 15 allocations and I am their first order. So If I understand correctly I have a good chance of getting my car around May or there abouts??
The veil of mist will begin to slowly lift when the Feb 6 consensus appears. It is ALL conjecture at this point. You should be in good shape.
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
Rocks RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeron View Post
I am about in the same boat, except mine has a smaller allocation. I got a 1LT/RS in CGM.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:07 AM   #8
justmeron

I just called my dealer and I was wrong they have 20 allocations. My dealer told me they are the second largest dealership in chicago and they just opend a new bigger store in chicago and hope they will acheive the top level spot. My dealer told me they do not plan on letting any of them sit on their show room floor. I was told that I am their first order and they have sold 15 of their 20 allocations so far. My dealer said I should have my car on their first shipment. But we all know GM has the final say, lol
Yahoo!!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:13 AM   #9
Rocks RS

Well, CamaroScotty, I also took your advise and my dealership has said I am there first order.

I can not wait. My wife says I am like a kid at Christmas.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:14 AM   #10
justmeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdawg View Post
Well, CamaroScotty, I also took your advise and my dealership has said I am there first order.

I can not wait. My wife says I am like a kid at Christmas.
Same here Bro. I am so excited and nervous also.