Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-01-2009, 08:56 AM   #1
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Complaint about all the complaints thread

This thread is not meant to offend anyone but I am so freaking tired of the complaints. its late Im not buying a a BK car Im tired of waiting. I want a differewnt gas cap. !Those lights suck!! WAH! my dealer is chargeing me over MSRP so its GM'S fault. I waited for 6 months so I giving up on the last few weeks before its delivered and buying another car

Come on people! In 2002 this car was gone now its back better then ever. So can all the complaining please stop? Who is with me?
Old 05-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #2
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Sounds like you would do well in a communist society...
Old 05-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Old 05-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:15 AM   #5
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
I'm with ya. After explainging the ordering process and allocations vs allotment 10,000,000 times, I'm just tired of it. This once was a place where I'd go to not hear about the doom and gloom and bashing of my favorite car company (and indirect employer). Now it's like I have to defend them here.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:18 AM   #6
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Sounds like you would do well in a communist society...
Nyet Comrade. there is expression of opinion then there is incessent complaining.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:31 AM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
There are a lot of short timers lately. Make a few posts and stir the pot a little and then bail. I think the guys who have been here a while have kinda earned the position to complain. They are still loyal to the car and in most cases the company but are a little upset with some things going on.

But after much practic, look what I can do. :party0048:
Old 05-01-2009, 09:42 AM   #8
mmarcum

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro SS
Don't read the complaint threads then.

Event code 1100 on 1/24
Event code 3000 on 3/24
Event code 3400 on 4/27
Back to event code 3000 on 5/1
Event code 3800 on 5/5
Event code 4B00 on 5/5
Event code 4200 on 5/22
Event code 6000 on 6/3!

VIN# 2G1FT1EW6A9107395
mmarcum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:49 AM   #9
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
This thread is not meant to offend anyone but I am so freaking tired of the complaints. its late Im not buying a a BK car Im tired of waiting. I want a differewnt gas cap. !Those lights suck!! WAH! my dealer is chargeing me over MSRP so its GM'S fault. I waited for 6 months so I giving up on the last few weeks before its delivered and buying another car

Come on people! In 2002 this car was gone now its back better then ever. So can all the complaining please stop? Who is with me?

We as North Americans have become so accepting of poor service, poor communication and poor product that it has really impacted our ability to improve how we do business.

No longer is there a strive to do things better, but rather a movement to just be quiet and accept things as they are because "they know better". Well they don't know better - you just need to compare a companies results against any of it's competition that faces the exact same challenges that they do.

When you have companies or people that do not admit fault when due, you have companies and people who are not open to suggestions, change or improvement.

Yes there are a lot of complaints right now but for very different reasons.Allow me to elaborate on a few:

Early VIN cars -

Nobody thinks that the activity of holding a car back is wrong but when you have someone like Trent who's car was built 46 days ago and there is still no trace of it, you have to ask yourself, what are they doing and how are they managing it? Are they replacing the entire car piece by piece? Let's not forget something here - it took Oshawa 4 days to build it!

But I guess you don't feel that this is a blatant internal problem...

R6P cars (Pre-production orders) -

GM's most loyal customers put their money down on a car they hadn't seen and/or driven. Why did they do that? Well many reasons but the important thing to get here is that they had faith. They had faith in the car being a wonderful product (which it is). They had faith in believing that GM would value their committment above any other customer.

This was not to be the case. GM felt it necessary to build a bunch of dealer cars which were to be used to promote the car at dealerships. If someone wanted to go look at a car and drive it, one would be available at any Chevrolet dealership they went to. What a fantastic concept! Finally, some good marketing and sales initiative. Some early buyers were upset about that but most thought it was a great idea because we all want this car to be a success.

Then GM decided to build AVIS cars before R6P orders because someone at GM decided it was a great way to have more people test drive the car. Many early order people had a problem with that but they lived with it and did not complain.

Now we come to find out that GM will not build the cars according to the date the car was ordered which means everyone who made a comittment to GM early, does not get any benefit or acknowledgement. Yes this will cause people to have to wait longer but the waiting is not the upsetting thing, it's the queue jumping that is what is upsetting. Perhaps you don't understand the relevance here.

Maybe you don't see the implications of someone walking into a dealership tomorrow and buying one of the cars that was supposedly for a dealership to use as a demo car. Maybe you don't see how someone considering a GM truck or a Cadillac will look at GM's decision to build unsold cars for dealers before enthusiasts will cause him to shop elsewhere.

GM had a great opportunity to use this as a marketing tool. Making a public statement about putting this product into the hands of those who had faith in this car before they were even saw it, goes far in the eyes of the public when evaluating a companies character.

Aside from constraints, there is no reason published or otherwise for GM not to commit to all those who originally ordered early. If you want a new Camaro, great! THE LINE STARTS WAY BACK THERE. If you don't think there is justification for R6P owners to be a tad miffed when GM openly condones this practice, then you need to rethink about what kind of society you want to live in.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:02 AM   #10
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
We as North Americans have become so accepting of poor service, poor communication and poor product that it has really impacted our ability to improve how we do business.

No longer is there a strive to do things better, but rather a movement to just be quiet and accept things as they are because "they know better". Well they don't know better - you just need to compare a companies results against any of it's competition that faces the exact same challenges that they do.

When you have companies or people that do not admit fault when due, you have companies and people who are not open to suggestions, change or improvement.

Yes there are a lot of complaints right now but for very different reasons.Allow me to elaborate on a few:

Early VIN cars -

Nobody thinks that the activity of holding a car back is wrong but when you have someone like Trent who's car was built 46 days ago and there is still no trace of it, you have to ask yourself, what are they doing and how are they managing it? Are they replacing the entire car piece by piece? Let's not forget something here - it took Oshawa 4 days to build it!

But I guess you don't feel that this is a blatant internal problem...

R6P cars (Pre-production orders) -

GM's most loyal customers put their money down on a car they hadn't seen and/or driven. Why did they do that? Well many reasons but the important thing to get here is that they had faith. They had faith in the car being a wonderful product (which it is). They had faith in believing that GM would value their committment above any other customer.

This was not to be the case. GM felt it necessary to build a bunch of dealer cars which were to be used to promote the car at dealerships. If someone wanted to go look at a car and drive it, one would be available at any Chevrolet dealership they went to. What a fantastic concept! Finally, some good marketing and sales initiative. Some early buyers were upset about that but most thought it was a great idea because we all want this car to be a success.

Then GM decided to build AVIS cars before R6P orders because someone at GM decided it was a great way to have more people test drive the car. Many early order people had a problem with that but they lived with it and did not complain.

Now we come to find out that GM will not build the cars according to the date the car was ordered which means everyone who made a comittment to GM early, does not get any benefit or acknowledgement. Yes this will cause people to have to wait longer but the waiting is not the upsetting thing, it's the queue jumping that is what is upsetting. Perhaps you don't understand the relevance here.

Maybe you don't see the implications of someone walking into a dealership tomorrow and buying one of the cars that was supposedly for a dealership to use as a demo car. Maybe you don't see how someone considering a GM truck or a Cadillac will look at GM's decision to build unsold cars for dealers before enthusiasts will cause him to shop elsewhere.

GM had a great opportunity to use this as a marketing tool. Making a public statement about putting this product into the hands of those who had faith in this car before they were even saw it, goes far in the eyes of the public when evaluating a companies character.

Aside from constraints, there is no reason published or otherwise for GM not to commit to all those who originally ordered early. If you want a new Camaro, great! THE LINE STARTS WAY BACK THERE. If you don't think there is justification for R6P owners to be a tad miffed when GM openly condones this practice, then you need to rethink about what kind of society you want to live in.
well said

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:02 AM   #11
pag1164
One Happy Driver

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
I can see both sides of the argument. If I go into McDonald's and place an order for french fries, but they have no french fries made, then I have to wait. If other customers come in after me and are given the french fries first, then I will be miffed and can complain to the manager, especially if I have already paid for the fries. I ordered my fries first, and I waited. Other servers shouldn't grab my fries and give them to other customers when I have been waiting the longest. If McDonald's made a habit of doing this, they would lose a lot of business to Burger King. The same principle applies here. People have been waiting months for their "fries" (cars) and other, later customers are being served first. It's a bad business decision and GM is already in trouble.

I don't want to hear people complain, but I understand it and it might make them feel a little better to vent here as opposed to throwing a brick through their dealer's window. GM is being disrespectful to their loyal customers and serving in the wrong order - if there is an order at all.

The only thing we can do is wait. It sucks, I know. How does the song go, "sometimes waiting is the hardest part?"
3000 4-14-09
3800 5-20-09 VIN 11019
4000 5-20-09
4B00 5-20-09
4200 6-1-09
6000 6-8-09 Hooray!!
pag1164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #12
John Farnen

Drives: 1969 RSSS Convertable
I agree, plus complaining is the American way. Go anywhere and get in line, then let a few thousand push in line ahead of you and see how you and others react. To have my car built OVER a month ago and still have no word about it while someone can bid on one or walk in and drive it off the lot SUCKS.
John Farnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:14 AM   #13
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by pag1164 View Post
I can see both sides of the argument. If I go into McDonald's and place an order for french fries, but they have no french fries made, then I have to wait. If other customers come in after me and are given the french fries first, then I will be miffed and can complain to the manager, especially if I have already paid for the fries. I ordered my fries first, and I waited. Other servers shouldn't grab my fries and give them to other customers when I have been waiting the longest. If McDonald's made a habit of doing this, they would lose a lot of business to Burger King. The same principle applies here. People have been waiting months for their "fries" (cars) and other, later customers are being served first. It's a bad business decision and GM is already in trouble.

I don't want to hear people complain, but I understand it and it might make them feel a little better to vent here as opposed to throwing a brick through their dealer's window. GM is being disrespectful to their loyal customers and serving in the wrong order - if there is an order at all.

The only thing we can do is wait. It sucks, I know. How does the song go, "sometimes waiting is the hardest part?"
That's exactly it. People aren't venting for the sake of getting it off their chest. They want to see change.

You forgot the part about going to McDonalds and just before giving you your bag, they realize they got your order wrong and you have to watch from the counter as your burger sits there getting cold while someone is supposed to be fixing it. Meanwhile someone else who ordered the same burger is getting his while yours is waiting in the warmer tray for someone to fix it.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #14
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Farnen View Post
I agree, plus complaining is the American way.
It used to be. It used to be a driving factor in improving our way of life and how we improve things. Now complaining has been replaced by those who believe everyone should be satisfied with whatever result they get.