Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 10-02-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
EAkrish
Scout Sniping

Drives: 2010 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew
Send a message via AIM to EAkrish
Talking New Era OTR Intake!!!!!!

First off let me say that I went from a LMR intake to the new era. All I can say is WOW! It pulls a good bit harder than the LMR and mike and his whole crew in NY are great! I am going to post some numbers in a few weeks so stay tuned!!!!!! Also I have no bucking issues or any other issues.

Now I drive a F150 Supercrew
EAkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
OTR intakes > regular CAI's. Good choice on your purchase!
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #3
EAkrish
Scout Sniping

Thanks!

Old 10-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #4
BlackM6RS/SS

Drives: 2010 Black M6 RS/2SS
Yea, I bought me a NEW ERA CAI and im very happy with the results! I dont have no complaints about it. IMO
BlackM6RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #5
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I'm glad you guys are having no problems with your New Era intake! It seems that some of us have had drivability issues in LS3's and some not. I don't understand it, but I just couldn't stand the bucking I was getting at steady speeds. I had to return it and I just installed a Roto-Fab which works perfectly, no issues at all. Enjoy your ride and watch out for the Po-Po! Do you guys have L99's or LS3's?
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #6
BlackM6RS/SS

Drives: 2010 Black M6 RS/2SS
LS3 here. It behaves like it did stock, but indeed it has more power, 2nd Gear 55-60MPH Roll my FAV
Attached Images

BlackM6RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #7
mike@newera

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I'm glad you guys are having no problems with your New Era intake! It seems that some of us have had drivability issues in LS3's and some not. I don't understand it, but I just couldn't stand the bucking I was getting at steady speeds. I had to return it and I just installed a Roto-Fab which works perfectly, no issues at all. Enjoy your ride and watch out for the Po-Po! Do you guys have L99's or LS3's?
Mike, he actually bought the intake you returned so there was nothing wrong with it, and his car is fine with it, something is up with your PCM most likely. Probably why your car bucks with the stock intake when it is cold.

From what I have seen so far on these cars, no 2 are the same for whatever reason. I had 2 completely stock Camaro SS's in my shop the other day to get tuned, one of them had the fuel trims hanging around +10%, the other had them at -10%, and these were completely stock cars. I think anyone that does any performance mods to their new Camaro SS should consider getting their car tuned, just my opinion based on what I have seen so far.
mike@newera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:00 AM   #8
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Yea I can't figure it out either. I had the dealer check it out twice NTF, all fuel trims were perfect. I just don't want to get a tune till I'm ready to do an ARH so I needed an intake that would work with no tune. I installed a Roto-Fab and it works perfectly, no bucking even when cold! Yours would probably do better at the drag strip but that will be very rare for me, drivability is more important!

I've conveyed my experience on these threads and I in no way mean any malice toward you or your products, I'm just trying to figure it out and help others who experience the same problem. The only thing that stuck to my craw was the restocking charge and loosing the shipping charge when I returned it. I didn't even want it shipped in the first place, went to pick it up and Shawn said he already shipped and I got charged the $20. I e-mailed you but got no response.

Anyway, good luck on your sales and I hope you enter in the intake camparo!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:45 AM   #9
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Yea I can't figure it out either. I had the dealer check it out twice NTF, all fuel trims were perfect. I just don't want to get a tune till I'm ready to do an ARH so I needed an intake that would work with no tune. I installed a Roto-Fab and it works perfectly, no bucking even when cold! Yours would probably do better at the drag strip but that will be very rare for me, drivability is more important!

I've conveyed my experience on these threads and I in no way mean any malice toward you or your products, I'm just trying to figure it out and help others who experience the same problem...
Well said. I feel the same way. I think mines's not bucking as much now, but it could just be me getting used to it (?). Anyway, I'm still debating getting a tune (hopefully that will reveal and fix the problem) and ported TB, but waiting 'til I get my exhaust done (if my exhaust guy ever calls me to say he's ready to do it!).
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #10
EAkrish
Scout Sniping

fldrummer, go see Jeremy!!!!

Old 10-06-2009, 02:08 PM   #11
FTI-EDC
The stick man

Drives: 2004 GTO - C5 'vert - SRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAkrish View Post
fldrummer, go see Jeremy!!!!
Hey Eric...

She's running great with that OTR intake huh. These things flat out work!

Say hi to that punk Jeremy for me will ya...

Ed

PONY WARS

FTI-EDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #12
EAkrish
Scout Sniping

I will tell him, lol

Old 10-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #13
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
I agree with the recommendation of tuning with the upgrade. On two levels of reason. Your spending the money for the gains, maximize them with a tune. As well as making sure your A/F levels stay where they need to be.
I would be interested in knowing how many of those with them experiencing problems didn't tune?
Hey Mike, are you guy's in with the Jannetty shootout?
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #14
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
What do yall mean by bucking?...Also, If I am not planning on a tune(cause
of warranty) should I stay away from OTR intakes?
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote