Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-22-2015, 03:16 AM   #85
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonK View Post
I drove a new ecoboost today. I was really disappointed in the acceleration. I will be driving a GT sometime next week.
I think the key with the ecoboost is to mod it. Honestly I never wanted to see a 4cyl in the Mustang or Camaro, but the one benefit is how easy it is to boost numbers on a factory turbo'd car.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:23 AM   #86
TJ91

honestly for me, the biggest set back when I saw it in person is the roof line. It really reminded me of a honda accord coupe. And I truly hope GM doesn't pull the same thing with the Gen 6. We've seen the jig which has a odd roofline.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 02-22-2015, 08:35 AM   #87
BobDigi5060

Drives: 97' A4, 08' Mustang, 15' Legacy
I looked both left and right at an intersection last week and saw two new Mustangs. I like it, like to look at it, but I'm not crazy about it. I also see more new Mustangs on a daily basis then I've ever seen Fusions on the road so people need to give it a rest already.

Sat in the new Mustang a couple of months ago too. I like it, it's cool and all, but can't afford a new car until the end of the year.
BobDigi5060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:59 AM   #88
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
I really like the roof profile of the new Mustang because it reminds me of the 65 fastback. The rear also looks good to me. It's the headlights that look off. Like a fish

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:14 AM   #89
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
I looked at a handful of them yesterday while looking at trucks. I'm beginning to appreciate them more as time goes.

Everyone can admit the top of the line models look great, especially compared to their entry levels.

The new GTs with a grille delete, a spoiler, and a set of wheels will look great. The same way a c5 Camaro or older model GT looks better with subtle mods.
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 11:22 AM   #90
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
In the past week, I saw a blue GT and an orange colored GT on the road. I thought the cars looked really nice, especially the orange one with the black rims.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:57 PM   #91
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
It is not a classic in the sense that the proportions are not right- the nose is 8 inches too long and the tail too wide. They should have followed the Aston Martin ratios closer.

The interior, engines and handling make up for it. High winding v8s with no AFM, 19 inch wheels, good rear end ratio. Solid track credentials.

Last edited by wakespeak; 02-22-2015 at 10:10 PM.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:49 AM   #92
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
I looked at a handful of them yesterday while looking at trucks. I'm beginning to appreciate them more as time goes.

Everyone can admit the top of the line models look great, especially compared to their entry levels.

The new GTs with a grille delete, a spoiler, and a set of wheels will look great. The same way a c5 Camaro or older model GT looks better with subtle mods.
your 13 is by far one of the best designs for the Mustang
Old 02-23-2015, 01:23 PM   #93
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post

Same thing with the 2010-2013 Camaro. Sorry guys the refresh is nice, but no one understands the tail lights til this day.
Attached Images

Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:41 PM   #94
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
I've owned a 5.0 before and I looked before buying the 1LE. The new one is pretty much meh. Front is ugly. Rear not much better. Side view is passable as it looks like they took the previous gen and put it in a stretching machine.
Fender 5.0 badge too high. Looks slapped on. Haven't seen many on the road. Dealer lot has plenty. 5.0 GT runs about 37k w/out track pack. w/ runs about 41k. Despite sales numbers I have no other evidence of ANY customers in a rush to buy them.
And I don't expect one either.
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:23 PM   #95
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
[QUOTE=snarky;8252446. Dealer lot has plenty. 5.0 GT runs about 37k w/out track pack. w/ runs about 41k. Despite sales numbers I have no other evidence of ANY customers in a rush to buy them.
And I don't expect one either.[/QUOTE]

My dealer has plenty too, part of it is bc they all have every option on them, the other part is its February, not many people in chicago buying sporty cars in february.

GT starts at 32K, GT premium at 36K. you can get a PP GT for 35K MSRP

What other evidence do you need besides the massive jump in sales that people are rushing to buy them?
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:24 PM   #96
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
I disagree but alot of diehard Chevy guys on here like to pile on I think.
hell na, other than the GT350R when my eyes see a new mustang it just totally lacks the wow factor. when I see one I want to like it but I just end of feeling confused.
it screams rental car.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:33 PM   #97
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

What other evidence do you need besides the massive jump in sales that people are rushing to buy them?[/QUOTE]

I'm in tourist hell so I want to see enthusiasts driving the new Mustang not just mom n pop on vacation enjoying a rental fleet upgrade. Maybe it is a chick car...
Old 02-23-2015, 02:48 PM   #98
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
The problem with the new design vs. the original '69 is Chevy wrapped the tail lights around the corner. If they would not have done that, I think it would have looked so much better than the current design.

When I saw the redesign at the NY auto show that got me off my butt to order a '13. And to this day I am happy I did so.

My 2 cents.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote