Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #15
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEN-IV View Post
No the Camaro is the best car, that's why we are here.
Nuh Uhhhhhhhhh...

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:16 AM   #16
sav1

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by rham48 View Post
Nuh Uhhhhhhhhh...
Honestly, I think your car is Bad ass bro. I'm all for american made muscle.. yes you too Mustang.
sav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #17
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Can AM may i add another car to that list. If u got kids imo the SRT8 charger is one car you should look at. I know what your thinking its got 4 doors but dont form an opinion on it till you drive one. There very affordable around 25-30k right now since the challenger is out but its one hell of a buy.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #18
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Quote:
Originally Posted by rham48 View Post
Feel great. In fact, I couldn't be happier, I do have the best car. Read the thread below if you care to know why. You might also want to read the last post I wrote of that thread entitled: "To all those who have added to this thread." It's on page 3, post #60.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37172
its nice to see people discussing and not being childish
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:05 PM   #19
daddy-o-X5

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS A6
Like many others who likely frequent this forum, I do a lot of reading and a little posting. As a matter of fact this is my first post, but I'm off the sidelines and in the game now.

In terms of picking the "right" car, everyone has their opinions but it's yours that counts the most. I too narrowed down the list of contenders to the Challenger, 370Z and Camaro. I've never loved the Mustang, but it's a real nice car and they definitely get props for keeping American muscle alive for the last several years. I would be proud to have a GT with track pack (or better yet the 500) in my driveway.

I wanted a car that could be a daily driver if needed, but could pack a punch when I needed it. A backseat, while nice and desired was not absolutely mandatory. I first test drove the 370Z. Fun? Absolutely. Fast? Absolutely. Sports car feel? Yes, but a bit too much for my liking. If I were ultimately going to take a car to the track (road course, not straight line) I might have chosen the Z. However I felt there was too much road noise for my liking.

Next I drove the Challenger. I drove the RT as the SRT8 was a bit too pricey. The Chally was loaded with all the bells and whistles and was priced towards the top end of the 30-40K range. I absolutely dig the exterior styling of the Challenger. Classic muscle car styling and it just screams out the label that Jules Winfield's wallet had on it in Pulp Fiction. It also had a spacious interior that comfortably fit an adult in the backseat. While fast enough and fun to drive, it felt a little too big for my liking (almost sedan like). Despite that fact, I was really, really close to driving home with an 09 Challenger. Had the SRT8 come in around the price of the Camaro I too might be hanging out at a different forum.

Which leads me to my ultimate choice. A 2010 2SS/RS Camaro. I've always had a sweet spot for the 68 and 69 Camaros but never could find a way as a teen. After anxiously awaiting it's debut and stalking the local dealers until they got their first showroom models, I finally had the chance to sit in one (and drool all over it). I was 95% sure I'd love the car but that 5% kept me from pulling the preorder trigger. After finally test driving one, the decision was made. Styling and looks? Absolutely. Interior? While not as spacious as the Challenger, it felt much more like a cockpit of modern muscle car should feel in my opinion. Fast? You betcha. Fun? It'll take surgery to wipe the smile from my face. With a 24 mile commute to work each way, I decided to go with the A6. I knew I'd be sacraficing some of the "muscle car" feel by not going with the M6, but I wasn't buying it to impress the neighbors or the fellas at work.

Results after 1200 miles or so: To quote the crusty 700 year old knight out of the Indiana Jones movie... "You have chosen wisely." The car is a pleasure to drive. The right balance of performance, styling and comfort that fits my needs perfectly.

Like I said in the beginning that it's your opinion that counts. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the choices listed in this thread (as well as several others). Make a well informed decision and most of all be satisfied with your pick.
daddy-o-X5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #20
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
Can AM may i add another car to that list. If u got kids imo the SRT8 charger is one car you should look at. I know what your thinking its got 4 doors but dont form an opinion on it till you drive one. There very affordable around 25-30k right now since the challenger is out but its one hell of a buy.
Ain't nothin' wrong with a muscle car having 4 doors...my '95 Impala SS would hang dead even with my old Z28 and it embarassed more than one Mustang....if you need a "family" muscle car...go get one. The Pontiac G8 is no slacker either.
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:30 AM   #21
jerseymike68
Account Suspended

Drives: black
useful infrormation here
jerseymike68 is offline   Reply With Quote