Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #295
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6+17'Tesla Model S
I would never be able to be as calm as you are about it...

That poor car. I hate to say it, but that ****er needs to learn his lesson. Put his ass in jail. For a long time.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #296
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
Simple solution:
1. The dealer rushes an identical NEW ZL1 order in the customers name.
2. Dealer provides customer with new ZL1.
3. Customer signs an agreement that any insurance settlement $$ be reimbursed to the dealer.

Dealer loses $20K max on the deal, while all of the haters and lost sales go away because they did the right thing when their employee, ........
^^ This.

Why can't anyone take the high road anymore? If my kid breaks your window, I will buy you a new window... and have it professionally installed. The whole time telling you how sorry I am.

... not call a lawyer to determine if a used window pane placed by your mailbox will suffice.
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:56 PM   #297
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
Wonder if the perp would have gotten away with it if he hadn't crashed the ZL1

I mean is it still auto theft if he brought it back alive?

It would be some abuse to the vehicle and miles but thats it.
So what are the charges?
Old 12-25-2013, 12:27 AM   #298
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
^^ This.

Why can't anyone take the high road anymore? If my kid breaks your window, I will buy you a new window... and have it professionally installed. The whole time telling you how sorry I am.

... not call a lawyer to determine if a used window pane placed by your mailbox will suffice.
You sir have class , not everyone has the dignity to rise to the occasion.

Old 12-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #299
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
^^ This.

If the douche dealership owner would do just that none of us would be telling him to get a lawyer but since that doesn't seem to be the case, lawyer up.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #300
cjon9657

Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Send a message via MSN to cjon9657
I just went on their website and wrote a bad review. I'm very passionate about automobiles. This just makes me sick to my stomach.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #301
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
The next time one of you get pissed because your employer seems controlling over trust and equipment or access, just remember some of what is being said here.

Also, anyone who says that employees take as much risk as business owners might want to pay attention here too.
Are you saying that TSA is also lurking around in this forum ?
Old 12-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #302
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
This a the message i sent him on his face book page,

So your the one that thought is was ok to steal a ZL1 your a freaking thief i sure hope your not teaching your kids any life choices ,thief...If there is any chance i could get the charges to stick to your ass i would help push the law to the fullest allowed...he needs to come forward and sell everything he has in order to help replace the car..

Last edited by gen=5; 12-25-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #303
130R

Drives: SS
Some of you are being pretty quick to judgement without all the facts and without even the most basic understanding of the law.

Generally, a dealership is required to take 'reasonable care' of a vehicle while in their possession. Reasonable care would be storing the car in a locked facility Vs leaving it on the street. The dealer isn't required to ship the car to Fort Knox over the weekend.

How is a dealership responsible for what an employee does when he is not working at the dealership, or is 'off the clock'.

Here the dealership exercised reasonable care by locking the car in their facility. Someone entered the facility during off-hours and took the vehicle from the locked facility without the dealerships permission.

What would you do if someone broke into your garage in the middle of the night, stole your car and say, knocked over a telephone pole, and the next day the city was asking you to pay for the telephone pole?

You'd say: "Whoa, whoa, whoa. That car was locked in our garage and somebody stole it. How are we responsible???" Well, the dealer is doing the same thing…

The d-bag that stole the car is the bad guy here, not the dealership. Yes, maybe, (and I say maybe because NONE OF US know all the facts as they actually are), could have handled it better, but put yourself in their shoes before passing judgement ie: you were in possession of say a friends car, you locked the car in your garage and someone broke in and took it without your knowledge and wrecked it. What else could you have done to protect their car? Would you know immediately what to do? Homeowners insurance? Their insurance?

Just a few things to think about before you hang the owner of the dealership by his balls...
Old 12-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #304
Brownster

Drives: 1966 GTO Convertible/ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
Some of you are being pretty quick to judgement without all the facts and without even the most basic understanding of the law.

Generally, a dealership is required to take 'reasonable care' of a vehicle while in their possession. Reasonable care would be storing the car in a locked facility Vs leaving it on the street. The dealer isn't required to ship the car to Fort Knox over the weekend.

How is a dealership responsible for what an employee does when he is not working at the dealership, or is 'off the clock'.

Here the dealership exercised reasonable care by locking the car in their facility. Someone entered the facility during off-hours and took the vehicle from the locked facility without the dealerships permission.

What would you do if someone broke into your garage in the middle of the night, stole your car and say, knocked over a telephone pole, and the next day the city was asking you to pay for the telephone pole?

You'd say: "Whoa, whoa, whoa. That car was locked in our garage and somebody stole it. How are we responsible???" Well, the dealer is doing the same thing…

The d-bag that stole the car is the bad guy here, not the dealership. Yes, maybe, (and I say maybe because NONE OF US know all the facts as they actually are), could have handled it better, but put yourself in their shoes before passing judgement ie: you were in possession of say a friends car, you locked the car in your garage and someone broke in and took it without your knowledge and wrecked it. What else could you have done to protect their car? Would you know immediately what to do? Homeowners insurance? Their insurance?

Just a few things to think about before you hang the owner of the dealership by his balls...
All I can say given the situation as it is presented if I was a car dealer that could get a new 2014 ZL1 at cost I would replace the wrecked car and sort out the rest later.
I understand it is not his fault but at the same time I would feel personally responsible and would do all I could to make the customer happy.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #305
130R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownster View Post
All I can say given the situation as it is presented
Exactly.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #306
FilibustaRhymes

I love the Jalopnik idea...I bet they'd love to make a story out of this. Send them pictures!

What does the dealer expect you to do, just suck it up and go "oh, well, gee, that sucks," and be on your merry way? It sounds like they're trying to tell you there simply is no recourse for your car being stolen by THEIR employee while on THEIR property, in THEIR possession - I might be inclined to see their point if some thug off the street broke in and took the car, but if their employee took it, then that is negligence on the DEALER'S part for not having proper safeguards in place, or for the negligence of their employee. I don't see how it couldn't be.

Do you know whether they fired the service writer?

I seriously don't even know enough bad words in enough languages to describe how much I hate car dealers.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #307
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post

I think it's more of the way the dship is handling the situation rather than the actual incident.
Old 12-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #308
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
I have no sympathy for the dealership being dragged through the mud. OP trusted them and his car and it ended up totaled, it's important for other customers to know this happened regardless of what their response was or who is fully to blame.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1