Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #1
stickystuff

Drives: 1LE ordered
dealer catastrophe

wow!!! just got back from dealer. i ordered my 1LE on 1/4/12 after we agreed to a trade in cost for my two bmws. i just went in tonight to pick up the car and my dealer made me aware the used car manager no longer works there. after waiting for 1.5hrs the dealer says they are not going to take the second bmw now ($3,200). the manager comes over and says sorry but we are not going to give you money for that car with an attitude. i cant believe it, i cant believe a dealership agrees to something, orders a car for you and then changes their mind. who does business like that? i understand the guy that used manager that signed off on the trade-in value is no longer there but honor the agreement that was made. i told the dealer who seems to be a nice guy to see the best they can do to try and make-up the difference. the manager now comes back and says i cant do better and in fact the $1,500 cash back that is listed on camaros for april he cannot honor. i can only get $500 off what it was in january. i told him the dealer said i would be entitled to what ever offer was going on at the time of delivery, it might be lower or it might be higher. he say well maybe he will take it out of his pay. who says this? at this point im boiling and walked out. also the used car manager that no longer works there has the extra set of my wheels off my m3 that he asked me to drop off. i cant believe these guys. i hope someone from gm corporate is seeing this. scary what types off people you have working for you out there.
'87 Corvette, 91 Corvette, '93 Corvette, '97 Corvette, '03 Corvette Z06
'94 Supra TT
'96 911 993
CURRENT
'04 BMW M3
'82 BMW 320i
'05 H2

stickystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
you have ant paper work stating that what they will give you for the cars? don't blame you for being so pissed
nasty2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur

Did your dealer actually see both cars you were trading? It's hard to give a value for something they didn't see, and I don't see them living up to the deal if they didn't see it. Also, you can't get discounts for previous months. Those discounts come from GM, not the dealer, and they expire. If you order with $1,500 off and the delivery month only gives you $500 off, that's something they can't help. Discounts are a bonus, and you can't count on them for your purchase.

Also, deals are usually dependent on managers. New managers may try to fight old deals.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Statements like the 'Taking it out of his pay' are pretty bush league.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #5
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
What dealer on Long Island?

Is it possible that your car came in and someone made them a better offer? Either way that sucks. I would say go to my dealer but I'm not sure where you liive.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
What dealer on Long Island?

Is it possible that your car came in and someone made them a better offer? Either way that sucks. I would say go to my dealer but I'm not sure where you liive.
I thought about that too.

I'd like to see pics of that second beemer. Maybe the other guy who no longer works there gave way too high of a number?
Old 04-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
stickystuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Statements like the 'Taking it out of his pay' are pretty bush league.
no doubt. the manager also said the dealer did not say "you get what ever rebates exist at the time of delivery" i called the dealer over and asked him in front of the manager, he said "yes you get what ever rebate is offered at time of delivery".
'94 Supra TT
'96 911 993
CURRENT
'04 BMW M3
'82 BMW 320i
'05 H2

Old 04-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #8
stickystuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post

Did your dealer actually see both cars you were trading? It's hard to give a value for something they didn't see, and I don't see them living up to the deal if they didn't see it. Also, you can't get discounts for previous months. Those discounts come from GM, not the dealer, and they expire. If you order with $1,500 off and the delivery month only gives you $500 off, that's something they can't help. Discounts are a bonus, and you can't count on them for your purchase.

Also, deals are usually dependent on managers. New managers may try to fight old deals.
of course they saw both cars. thats how they came up with a trade-in value.
'94 Supra TT
'96 911 993
CURRENT
'04 BMW M3
'82 BMW 320i
'05 H2

Old 04-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #9
LS1hawk

Drives: 11 SGM 2SS/RS
Quote:

They won't give him the discount for this month, they want to give him the 500 that was available in January when he ordered. Hope you get the deal you had started with. Good luck.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #10
The_Blur

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickystuff View Post
of course they saw both cars. thats how they came up with a trade-in value.
I'd fight that with paperwork from the old manager. Try to talk to the general manager or owner.

Also, cause as much trouble as possible online for them. A lot of Internet managers are constantly looking at reviews, so make it known that they are sketchy to damage their reputation. Be ruthless, and make no concessions. I recommend hitting sites like Dealer Rater, as well as leaving negative reviews anywhere they have a profile, including Facebook, Yelp, and Google.

Punish the wicked.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #11
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
If you ordered did you not get it in writing? I know when I ordered my car they did and filled out a preliminary deal that limited my trade on mileage, and it gave them a way out if the vehicle developed any mechanical or physical problems.
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #12
The_Blur

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1hawk View Post
They won't give him the discount for this month, they want to give him the 500 that was available in January when he ordered. Hope you get the deal you had started with. Good luck.
I reread that, and you're right. That's a super sketchy dealer. Let's get a name for this place.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #13
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
That dealer is a scam. The incentives are current and they are trying to hustle you so they can make money. I would call customer service and report what they are doing. Sorryb to hear this. Do you have it in writing about the other rims?
Old 04-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #14
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
I'd fight that with paperwork from the old manager. Try to talk to the general manager or owner.

Also, cause as much trouble as possible online for them. A lot of Internet managers are constantly looking at reviews, so make it known that they are sketchy to damage their reputation. Be ruthless, and make no concessions. I recommend hitting sites like Dealer Rater, as well as leaving negative reviews anywhere they have a profile, including Facebook, Yelp, and Google.

Punish the wicked.
THIS!
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote