Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #29
Sarge54

Drives: 2004 Pontiac GTO
Too bad HUD is a long ways off.
Sarge54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:23 PM   #30
flaguy

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Spring Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69copo View Post
I have personallly always liked the ground effects and have been hoping for them since the first spy shots 6 months back. I even like the highrise spoiler/wing on the back. The idea that it is to ricer is upsetting to me. This is no Honda Civic! I can see how having this would benefit the performace of this car. Downforce anyone? The rear diffuser is sick and makes the view the imports see even more menacing. We have beat them at there own game and hopefully brought some of our misguided youth back to the Generals Army. Of corse it's just my opinion and I could be wrong.........
There isn't enough force on the rear of the car for downforce to be a factor until (I would guess) over 100mph. Also, downforce works by creating drag. That is pretty much the last thing I want at the track.

I don't doubt the concept of being ricer upsets you...weren't you posting about putting lambo doors on your new Camaro? I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, it's your car and this is America. But in my opinion, yes, that is rice.
flaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:34 PM   #31
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
Don't know about the ground effects, i dont think the car needs it.
logan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:42 PM   #32
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
i was actually sitting at the table with the John Cox the guy in charge of the accessories, and i have some bad news that hurt me deeply

the victory red interior lighting set has been cancelled....
Old 09-20-2008, 10:45 PM   #33
ZeeTwentyFour
Does not have a Camaro

Drives: 99 silverado Z71/66 Chevelle SS
Send a message via AIM to ZeeTwentyFour
WOW just WOW. First I want to thank the people who were able to attend Indy and are taking pictures and sending the folks at home play by play updates. I have a few questions though. all the performance parts mentioned, particularly the headers, are those for both V6 and V8? and what are the colors for the stripes and engine covers?
Old 09-20-2008, 10:45 PM   #34
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR View Post
And HUD...Anyone know about how much the hud will be???
On the GMC Acadia the HUD is a $340 option, I would assume it would cost the same on the Camaro. Big bummer that people have to wait over a year to get the HUD option though, really lame.

BTW, no news on the Supercharger huh?
Old 09-20-2008, 10:47 PM   #35
flaguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA FAST View Post
On the GMC Acadia the HUD is a $340 option, I would assume it would cost the same on the Camaro. Big bummer that people have to wait over a year to get the HUD option though, really lame.

BTW, no news on the Supercharger huh?
I wonder if that is something that can be installed by a dealer later?
Old 09-20-2008, 10:49 PM   #36
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaguy View Post
I wonder if that is something that can be installed by a dealer later?
I hope so.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:51 PM   #37
65bus

Drives: 92 Z28, 72 Chevy truck, 65 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to 65bus
A BIG THANKS to everyone who brought us this info, I wished I could have been there. I can't wait to be able to sit down in my Camaro I don't even have to drive it ill just be happy to sit let along look at it. Also does anyone know if the new Camaro will be anywhere close to North Carolina like Lowes motor speedway, there having a car show there next month and would love to see the Camaro in person, again thanks everyone for the info/pics
65bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:57 PM   #38
flaguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65bus View Post
A BIG THANKS to everyone who brought us this info, I wished I could have been there. I can't wait to be able to sit down in my Camaro I don't even have to drive it ill just be happy to sit let along look at it. Also does anyone know if the new Camaro will be anywhere close to North Carolina like Lowes motor speedway, there having a car show there next month and would love to see the Camaro in person, again thanks everyone for the info/pics
Define close. One is supposed to be near Atlanta next week in Douglousville.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:02 PM   #39
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
i was actually sitting at the table with the John Cox the guy in charge of the accessories, and i have some bad news that hurt me deeply

the victory red interior lighting set has been cancelled....
That sucks, that is the one I like the best.

Can someone get better pictures of just the cars in the top picture of each banner. I am curious as to what all the pointer lines say.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:28 PM   #40
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
GM keeps dragging their feet , I think they believe in the old strategy of slowly improving the model year after year. They do this to keep interest and sales up. What they don't realize is that the car hasn't been around for almost 7 years, and they guys that normally upgrade every few years because on new features aren't for the most parts driving camaros anymore. Almost anyone looking into this car segment is going to want one from the beginning and this may cause waiting lists that may spill over in interest for several years. I don't see sales volumes dipping significantly till after 3 years, baring fuel prices changing drastically. Just introduce the model with the most current appeal. Don't use 10 year old technology 2 years from now and try to pass it off as innovation. There's no reason all these future features I.E. heads up, convertible would be available from the beginning. It seams to me the Volt was put on the fast track given the technological challenge witch should have added extra development time and the camaro wasn't. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining just frustrated to wait almost 4 years and maybe 5 or more for those of us that want a vert. Remember word of the concept started hitting the web around Oct of 2005. and that's after 4 to 6 months of development.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kwik View Post
Completely agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge54 View Post
Too bad HUD is a long ways off.
The scary thing is that the way the market is going,we dont know how long a V8 will be available,or how high gas prices could sore.im not trying to be doom and gloom,but..this might force me to either get one before H.U.D comes out and be pissed when it does come out.Or...look to the Vette or the G8 GXP.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:54 PM   #41
RrCoX22

Drives: '99 FRC Corvette
uhhh... i think most of it they can have back

80% of that crap I wouldn't even consider and the other 20% I may have to take some time to think about. all that body kit crap, "wing", just lost some major score points with GM to the "true" american muscle fans compared to the let's incorporate "too slow and furious" rice w/ new american platforms. damn stick to the heritage GM :upset:
Old 09-21-2008, 12:27 AM   #42
SdustinK

Drives: 2009 335i Coupe
Everything about this car is amazing
SdustinK is offline   Reply With Quote