Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #15
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
Yeah but you have to admit 2010 was a down year for Mustang sales. 66k isn't good.

The bottom line is GM needs to get a Z/28 out ASAP. It's clear the Camaro is a hot car and they need to add more flavors to keep the hype going. The 5.0 and V6 Mustangs are making a lot of noise respectively and we haven't even got to the 2011 GT500 yet.
But it was a down year for nearly everything. GM didn't even sell half a million pickups. They're usually well clear that with the Silverado alone.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:45 PM   #16
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
100,000+ coupes....20,000 verts......

what if only 5000 Z28's?
price on those 5000 z28's? and where do I find a dealer with one that isn't asking over MSRP?
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:47 PM   #17
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
some dealers NEVER sell over msrp....but many have names waiting.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:51 PM   #18
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
some dealers NEVER sell over msrp....but many have names waiting.
yea and the sad part is I have a dealer that won't sell over msrp. just a small town dealer and depending on the number of Z's. . .I won't be able to get one from them. but I am #1 on his list.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #19
missionbrent
Bringing the Sexy Back

Drives: 73GMC/05Jeep/07Cobalt/Ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Actually, Ford sold more Mustangs in 2009 than GM did Camaro's (66,623 to 61,618). Granted, the Camaro was only on-sale for 9 of the 12 months, but it's still the way the numbers will go in the record books.
He never said for the year. By his statement the Camaro did outsell the Mustang, so you can stop being a Mustang Troll/Fanboy. Thanks!!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:53 PM   #20
fazm

Drives: ex-500hp v6 mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionbrent View Post
He never said for the year. By his statement the Camaro did outsell the Mustang, so you can stop being a Mustang Troll/Fanboy. Thanks!!
he never gave any time frame, so technically ford has sold a shit ton more mustangs than camaros.
fazm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #21
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionbrent View Post
Fan of the Mustang? Guilty as charged. Fan of the Camaro, also, and almost every other performance/musclecar produced. Troll, not so much, but you're welcome.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:23 AM   #22
missionbrent
Bringing the Sexy Back

Drives: 73GMC/05Jeep/07Cobalt/Ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Fan of the Mustang? Guilty as charged. Fan of the Camaro, also, and almost every other performance/musclecar produced. Troll, not so much, but you're welcome.
Huh, my bad. I was just calling you a fanboy/troll based on the sum total of your posts on here being fanboyish in character. The troll comment was more directed at the fact that anytime anyone points out where the Camaro is better you bring up the mustang or GT500 being better (reference your above posts or any Camaro vs. GT500 thread). I have read some of they and they are good for some laughs. From your post I am now quoting I can now see that I was mistaken because you love all muscle cars, and I am very sorry (If I could only find that sarcasm smiley )

Last edited by missionbrent; 04-14-2010 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Not enough sarcasm
missionbrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:43 AM   #23
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
GT is a good car, but imo if GM put out the z28 b4 SS demand is fully soaked up then it could canabalize sales.

kind of mean but at least people who just bought an SS wont feel ripped of they didnt wait a few more months..
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:56 AM   #24
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
Quote:
100,000+ coupes....20,000 verts......

what if only 5000 Z28's?
I'd say closer to 10,000 total first year.... I hope. I don't think 5,000 would meet demand. garagelogic, you may know better then I do, but I think GT500's have sold 21,000-22,000 since 07? I think 10,000 in 07 alone?
Old 04-14-2010, 03:56 AM   #25
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
Yeah but you have to admit 2010 was a down year for Mustang sales. 66k isn't good.
I can guarantee the reason for their lower numbers has LESS to do with the Economy, and more to do with the Camaro. I for one would probably get a 5.0 if there was no such thing as a Camaro...........let's face it, it is the next best thing to a Camaro!
Old 04-14-2010, 06:09 AM   #26
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I'd like to know how many Cobras were sold in 2009. The price on them is pretty high for most people and you can expect the same price for the Z28. Most people aren't going to buy a Z28, just like most people don't buy a ZR1, let alone a Z06. My understanding is that GM may not even release the Z28. Last I read is officially, they pulled from releasing it. But even if they do, a vast majority of Camaro sales will not be Z28s. And with GM losing money, building a car that isn't going to have high sales isn't profitable, but we shall see.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:20 AM   #27
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenixdragon View Post
I'd like to know how many Cobras were sold in 2009. The price on them is pretty high for most people and you can expect the same price for the Z28. Most people aren't going to buy a Z28, just like most people don't buy a ZR1, let alone a Z06. My understanding is that GM may not even release the Z28. Last I read is officially, they pulled from releasing it. But even if they do, a vast majority of Camaro sales will not be Z28s. And with GM losing money, building a car that isn't going to have high sales isn't profitable, but we shall see.
There were no Cobras sold in 2009 because Ford did not make one. They did sell 3,559 2009 model-year GT500's and 4,458 2010 model-year GT500's.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:13 AM   #28
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
price on those 5000 z28's? and where do I find a dealer with one that isn't asking over MSRP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
yea and the sad part is I have a dealer that won't sell over msrp. just a small town dealer and depending on the number of Z's. . .I won't be able to get one from them. but I am #1 on his list.
We're just going to have to see who'll step up to the plate

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote