Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 01-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #71
ShadoChaser
Gamer & Ghosthunter!

Drives: 2010 GCN 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
Controls alone do not do anything for you. You need some method to hook the phone/music player to the car. The PDIM is what adds the usb port. There is also a way to add bluetooth but I havent done that one.
Actually that PDIM Module will add bluetooth music streaming, but it does not add Bluetooth phone functions, for that you would need to replace the Phone Module with a Bluetooth version (a much more expensive operation).
Old 01-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #72
Daniel92

Drives: 2010 camaro ls
so does my car already have the PDIM module?it just has to be updated?
Daniel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:45 AM   #73
ShadoChaser
Gamer & Ghosthunter!

Drives: 2010 GCN 2SS/RS L99
No, LS's don't come with the module, you need to get the kit and install it, that will give you USB & Bluetooth audio streaming, Then take it to the dealer and have them activate it. Really pretty easy!
Old 01-30-2011, 05:47 PM   #74
Daniel92

Drives: 2010 camaro ls
alright thankss!
whats a fair price to racalibrate it?
Daniel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:28 PM   #75
CamaroSS426

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via AIM to CamaroSS426
hope someone can help me out, I am looking to install PDIM on my 1SS with radio controls. Here are the parts I found that I think I need. Can someone confirm VIA PM and let me know if there is some where else i can go to get it cheaper? the shipping charges are outrageous...

92244580 $132.30 shipping $31.75
total $164.05
92236309 $38.17 shipping $9.16
total $47.33
92219336 $25.21 shipping $6.05
total $31.26
CamaroSS426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #76
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
well ordered mine, may be giving you a call Rick
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #77
Axe

Drives: 2018 LS
Just bought a 1lt/rs today - good to know.
Axe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #78
nukemustang

Drives: 2017 Raptor, 2017 SS
Afternoon,

I installed the PDIM and Steering wheel radio controls on a 2011 Vert 1SS. I finally, after two and a half days of working with the dealership, have working steering wheel radio controls, but no working USB port. Strange thing is that the aux jack input works and you can get to it, but the PDIM module itself still is not recognizing any USB inputs. It does however give you 5 volts. I can charge my Garmin with it. I spent a better part of the afternoon with the tech at the dealership. He was using a GDS2 and SPS on a laptop. Both he and I could not figure out how to activate the aux inputs. I found a screen that listed the USB input as "inactive" and AUX 1, 2, 3 and 4 inputs with the Aux 4 input listed as AUX input.

The tech asked me to see if you anyone knows what GM tech tool was used, since he is out of possibilities. We did do a CAN bus calibration and that did not help either.

Thanks,

Tim

SOLD:2016 2SS Red Hot Convertible with black metallic rally stripes
SOLD:2011 Silver Ice Metallic 1SS/RS Convertible. Completed modifications: installed factory HUD, deleted AFM/DOD, Dynatech LT coated headers with high flow cats, Solo Cat back exhaust, CAI inc. intake, Vmax ported TB, SIM quarter flares/splash guards, steering wheel radio controls, PDIM iPod interface in center console, RX catch can, JRE cold air scoop, windshield washer bottle relocation.
nukemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #79
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
laptop to update the database and then the tech tool to update your radio
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:10 PM   #80
nukemustang

Drives: 2017 Raptor, 2017 SS
It works finally!!! I know how Einstein must have felt!! I watched the tech do the same thing multiple times and for what ever reason it eventually "took"....

SOLD:2016 2SS Red Hot Convertible with black metallic rally stripes
SOLD:2011 Silver Ice Metallic 1SS/RS Convertible. Completed modifications: installed factory HUD, deleted AFM/DOD, Dynatech LT coated headers with high flow cats, Solo Cat back exhaust, CAI inc. intake, Vmax ported TB, SIM quarter flares/splash guards, steering wheel radio controls, PDIM iPod interface in center console, RX catch can, JRE cold air scoop, windshield washer bottle relocation.

Last edited by nukemustang; 04-28-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: spelling
nukemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #81
BLKRS2011
1LT RS 2011 BLACK

Drives: 2011 1LT RS
Do I need to disconnect the battery before installing the PDIM?
BLKRS2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:30 AM   #82
lakersftbl69

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Now is this the same software that'll up date the steering controls
HW ID: CC
SW ID: CE
if not what is it then?
upgrades kooks 1 7/8" LTH w/ deleted cats, corsa exhaust, hurst short throw shifter stage 3 comp cam, 3.91 gears ecs kit blower, meth injection, upgraded axles, drive shaft, McLeod rxt clutch, fully forged 416ci stroker all installed and dyno tuned by slowhawk performance in bridgewater ma.
lakersftbl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #83
KirkB
Don't Believe the Truth

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 1LS
Ok, just installed the pdim module for my 2012 1LS. I installed the unit this weekend. Took it to the dealer today to have it programmed. They had it all day but managed to get it working.

The key was them downloading the car configuration and checking the setting under the stereo settings that indicates the C&C is installed; then uploading the configuration to the stereo. They indicated that they attempted to program the PDIM unit and had trouble doing so. Problem is, they should have attempted to program the stereo head unit.

I believe the dealership did not have the latest software. My stereo is at db/db. Not dd on the software. I'm guessing as this is a 2012 camaro, it already had db.

They did manage to check the C&C on the car configuration which was all I asked them to do. When they brought me the car, they weren't confident that it was working. They tried to get me to connect to the hands free bluetooth adapter which we all know has nothing to do with streaming music. I connected my phone to the USB side, navigated to the USB input on the stereo. Tested that I had connectivity and then went to the menu options for the auxiliary and proceeded to connect to the pdim's bluetooth adapter. Hopefully, the tech was paying attention

They had the car for roughly 8-9 hours and like most dealers had issues and general lack of knowledge. That said, they were eager to figure it out and only charged me 1 hour labor for the "programming". I have to give full kudos to these guys and gals. I told the service manager that next time they should have it done in 4 hours, then 2 hours. A few more and they should have it down pat.

Again, I question if they updated the head unit. They did however, successfully enable the pdim unit. Either way, they delivered what I had asked for and didn't charge me for the trial and error they went through.

If anyone in AZ (Phoenix area) wants to give them a try, it's Sand's Chevrolet on Grand Ave between Bethany and Glendale. Ask for Dawn (service manager). The tech was Kato. The service they provided was fantastic. I do not fault them for their lack of knowledge. This seems to be an issue with most dealerships. For that, I fault GM. Kato was on the phone with GM for 2 hours. He did what he should have done and reached out to corporate. Corporate needs to get more people trained to help the folks in the field. I think that would solve lots of issues.

Anyhow, at the end of the day, I'm now cruising to the sound of Bluetooth. Many thanks to Dawn and Kato for their hard work and valiant efforts. They earned my business.
KirkB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:14 PM   #84
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
It's a five minute job

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkB View Post
Ok, just installed the pdim module for my 2012 1LS. I installed the unit this weekend. Took it to the dealer today to have it programmed. They had it all day but managed to get it working.

The key was them downloading the car configuration and checking the setting under the stereo settings that indicates the C&C is installed; then uploading the configuration to the stereo. They indicated that they attempted to program the PDIM unit and had trouble doing so. Problem is, they should have attempted to program the stereo head unit.

I believe the dealership did not have the latest software. My stereo is at db/db. Not dd on the software. I'm guessing as this is a 2012 camaro, it already had db.

They did manage to check the C&C on the car configuration which was all I asked them to do. When they brought me the car, they weren't confident that it was working. They tried to get me to connect to the hands free bluetooth adapter which we all know has nothing to do with streaming music. I connected my phone to the USB side, navigated to the USB input on the stereo. Tested that I had connectivity and then went to the menu options for the auxiliary and proceeded to connect to the pdim's bluetooth adapter. Hopefully, the tech was paying attention

They had the car for roughly 8-9 hours and like most dealers had issues and general lack of knowledge. That said, they were eager to figure it out and only charged me 1 hour labor for the "programming". I have to give full kudos to these guys and gals. I told the service manager that next time they should have it done in 4 hours, then 2 hours. A few more and they should have it down pat.

Again, I question if they updated the head unit. They did however, successfully enable the pdim unit. Either way, they delivered what I had asked for and didn't charge me for the trial and error they went through.

If anyone in AZ (Phoenix area) wants to give them a try, it's Sand's Chevrolet on Grand Ave between Bethany and Glendale. Ask for Dawn (service manager). The tech was Kato. The service they provided was fantastic. I do not fault them for their lack of knowledge. This seems to be an issue with most dealerships. For that, I fault GM. Kato was on the phone with GM for 2 hours. He did what he should have done and reached out to corporate. Corporate needs to get more people trained to help the folks in the field. I think that would solve lots of issues.

Anyhow, at the end of the day, I'm now cruising to the sound of Bluetooth. Many thanks to Dawn and Kato for their hard work and valiant efforts. They earned my business.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote