Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 07-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Thumbs down GTA Camaros - Cruise & Bar-b-que

EDIT July 14/09
Alright everyone. It seems that we are all very busy right now and as such the interest in this proposed little event is quite low at this time. Therefore we will postpone this idea until later in the summer when (a) more people have their car, (b) more people are available, and (c) I have more time

Thanks to those who responded. Stay tuned for the next gathering

A few of us (TJ91; Black67; SQUALO) have been having some little meet-ups in and around the GTA - even a couple little cruises. But is seems that we've been a bit limited in the attendance numbers. Part of the problem is short notice. Usually we try to organize something inside of 48 hours - just doesn't work. So here's the advance notice:

Date: Saturday July 18th
Time: Cruise - 10:00 ; Bar-B-Que - 1:00
Location: Cruise - TBD ; Bar-b-que - Mississauga (ending point of cruise)

Cruise:

The plan I have would be for anyone who is interested to post in this thread a good meeting spot near your house (Tim Hortons seem to be popular - but any place that is accessable and has a decent sized parking lot is fine). I can then plan a route that would come either to those meeting spots or someplace close by. With enough attendees this might mean we hit all the corners of the GTA from downtown to Richmond Hill to Brampton to.... well you get the idea.
In the interest of time, convenience and the number of stops I will likely have to move / re-designate certain meeting spots.
The first pick-up would be about 10:00am. The total cruise time including stops will depend on attendance - but I'm going to estimate 2-3 hours.

Bar-b-que:

The cruise would then end at my place for a bar-b-que social. Wings, burgers, corn, other bar-b-qued goodies, pop and water included. $10 per head (just to cover the costs). If you choose to BYOB that's up to you (but only if you bring a DD - otherwise I get to keep your Camaro overnight!)
I am located on the west edge of Mississauga. Even if you can't make the cruise you can come to the BBQ - but of course we encourage cruise attendence. Location details will be distributed privately to those who need it.

Where do I sign up?
Right here! Post your interest in this thread. Here's what I need:
- Available for the Bar-b-que
- How many (just me or my spouse and I (sorry no kids -not at this one anyway)
- Available for the cruise & Bar-b-que
- Suggested meeting spot (major intersection or street address)

(Those of you who live 30 hours away please don't bother with the "... can you come by my area? I'm out in Calgary/New York/Texas hehe...".)

Please note - If you're in please try your best to show!! I need good numbers or the extra people will be eating dog food.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"

Last edited by CanadianCamaro; 07-14-2009 at 10:17 PM.
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:45 PM   #2
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
if your interested, just post.
I for one am definitly attending this one
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
Kenny

Drives: 2010 SS RS IOM M6
I might be interested if i have my car.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #4
CanadianCamaro

Old 07-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #5
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
I may have visitor from the states coming up, not confirmed, so at this point, please don't count me . I will keep checking back and updating whenever possible.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Wheres Mike? Ive pmd a few people but havnt gotten anything back.....im still in
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:04 AM   #7
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
Dynatech LT headers, Hi flow Cats
MBRP 3" 304 stainless X-pipe exhaust
Fastlane true CAI.
Barton shifter
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #8
CanadianCamaro

OK Folks - Need some numbers here. Please read the top post and reply accordingly.

Thanks

Old 07-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #9
MTron

Drives: 99 Grand Prix
Rawr....i really want to go, but i have an exam on sunday.....ok....time to start studying this week so i can go! I NEED to see one of these production cars in person (never have!!!) and would love to hear an exhaust note in person

Hmm, defiantly going to do my best to make it!
MTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:56 AM   #10
MTron

About this cruise....as i don't have a Camaro so, hitch a ride???...lol

ill probably show up for the BBQ and gawk at all the cars

Last edited by MTron; 07-13-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:04 AM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I thought about tagging along and meeting a bunch of you, though I'm not sure if I will or not right now. I have to see if there are other things that come up in the next couple days. Weather is supposed to be decent -around 20 degrees and partial sun. I'd rather be out in a day like that than 30+humidity.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #12
MTron

OK, well i dont know how exactly the cruise will be organized for sure, at least just by reading the first post, but here are my details

1) I WILL be coming exam or not...lol (its a stupid course anyways)....of course assuming that we even get enough people to make this event worthwhile
2) A friend will be coming with
3) I am located in Richmond Hill, closest major intersection/landmark is the timmies at 16th and Bathurst.
4) My friend is at Bayview and Finch, but he will probably meet me at my house.

A 2-3 hour cruise seems a bit excessive, but i dunno....if i had my Camaro id probably drive for that long myself!. My friend and I can take my Grand Prix over for the BBQ or meet the cruise somewhere around 12 or so, and maybe we could tail you guys or whatever

If we cant get enough people, the weekend after is even better for me (i think...lol)
Old 07-13-2009, 07:00 PM   #13
Kenny

Drives: 2010 SS RS IOM M6
If i have my car (maybe wishful thinking) i would make the cruise. In the afternoon i have a previous commitment so wouldn't be able to make the bbq.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:41 PM   #14
CanadianCamaro

Still waiting on some of the "usual suspects" to chime in. Common guys. And showing up an hour late *cough cough* Dennis * cough* won't cut-it on this one either.

MTron - Happy to have you along. For some reason I thought you had your car. Frank (Squalo) is up in your area. But not sure he's coming. And I can't speak for who he (or anybody) will let ride shotgun. I know that if we're in that neighbourhood I'd gladly let you ride with me. But I have a strict 'no adults in the backseat' policy (unless it's me ). And besides, you'd need a way to get home. The 2-3 hour cruise was a maximum based on doing a full circut of the GTA (depending on participation) and making 5-6 stops. This takes a while - trust me.

DGthe3 - You're also welcome. Be good to see you again. If I recall you're down towards Niagara right? We can meet at my house and you can ride along if you're interested.

Common guys! Get off yer keisters!!