Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-04-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
turleylox

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
My Awesome Sub Install

Here is my new JL Audio System install. I have installed 2 of the JL 13TW5 Slim Line Subs. I'm using the JL Audio HD900/5 5 Channel HD Digital Amp. I have also upgraded the Front Door Speakers to the JL Audio Component C5-650's. Next is the rear deck lid Speakers with some JL 6 x 9's just for fill. This System ROCKS! I cant believe how awesome it sounds now. The Custom Sub Boxes and Amp rack were Custom done by Tod at Bad Boyz Customs in Cullman, Alabama. This guy is awsome. The Custom amp rack is truely amazing how well it looks in this car. Everything is just too cool. They were very reasonable on price too. Quality though is the best. You should really check them out if your want a fully customized "Stand Out" system these guys can make it happen for you. Stay tuned for more. I'm fixing to add a Monitor in the trunk and a little more True Flames here and there. What do you Guys Think?
Attached Images

turleylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
AhX

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM\IOM
wow is all i can say. nice clean job.
AhX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
PonyKiller74

Drives: 2012 Triple Black ZL1 M6
Send a message via AIM to PonyKiller74 Send a message via Yahoo to PonyKiller74
very nicely done, you can even utilize some of your trunk space if you needed to as well. can you order stuff from them like you have and install yourself if you don't live in Alabama?
CenterForce DYAD Dual Disc Clutch, JDP stage 2 Clutch Reservoir, Rotofab CF CAI with Big Gulp and WW Reservoir Relocate, Stainess Works LT Headers and Retro Cat-Back with Cat Delete, MGW ST Shifter with custom Knob, CF Tail light Bezels, more to come...
Build Thread for my Z is in the works.....
PonyKiller74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #4
youngmaro

Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
very clean man. I like it a lot
youngmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:26 AM   #5
Racer-X
Rhymin and Stealin

Drives: The Search is on ABM V6.....
Send a message via MSN to Racer-X
how do you utilize the trunk with out scratching the paint or damaging the subs?
Racer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #6
Gunmetal

Drives: Cyber Grey 1SS/RS w/Body Kit
very nice
Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:27 PM   #7
Rookie13
Hooked on AutoX

Drives: 1SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Rookie13
I would like to do exactly the opposite of what you have here.

Imagine the Amp-Rack and speaker console all "wrapped" into one unit that encircles the front-side of the trunk (butted up to the back seat)?

The unit could be built into two pieces for ease of removal, and the amp would actually hide the splice in the middle. This way the speakers would be in the same position as yours and the Amp would be in the opposite position. This would actually give us more room in the truck for a suitcase or something... With the Amp in your position I am just in fear that it is more susceptible to damage.

Otherwise, I want these guys' phone number if you could pst that to me, I would appreciate it.
Rookie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:16 PM   #8
turleylox

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyKiller74 View Post
very nicely done, you can even utilize some of your trunk space if you needed to as well. can you order stuff from them like you have and install yourself if you don't live in Alabama?
Yes Just give Tod a call. He can work with you over the phone. Thats how I did the deal with him. Through pictures and phone calls. His number is 256-595-9618. They are great to work with and they do Awesome work!
Old 07-06-2010, 01:21 PM   #9
turleylox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie13 View Post
I would like to do exactly the opposite of what you have here.

Imagine the Amp-Rack and speaker console all "wrapped" into one unit that encircles the front-side of the trunk (butted up to the back seat)?

The unit could be built into two pieces for ease of removal, and the amp would actually hide the splice in the middle. This way the speakers would be in the same position as yours and the Amp would be in the opposite position. This would actually give us more room in the truck for a suitcase or something... With the Amp in your position I am just in fear that it is more susceptible to damage.

Otherwise, I want these guys' phone number if you could pst that to me, I would appreciate it.
Your probably right about the possibility of damage. I mostly plan on showing this car so there wont be that many times that luggage will be an issue but there is deffinitley a chance that it could get scratched if your a wild driver or even haviung to stop fast or anything a person can't forsee. I will probably put velcro on my bag that I keep all my cleaning stuff in so it won't slid around. I guess you could also build something and mount it to the floor if you were worried about it. I'm sure there are lots of ideas of how to cusion the trunk to keep the boxes looking awesome. Thanks for the compliments guys.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #10
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
very nice
Old 07-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #11
mcotton

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Looks great.