Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-09-2009, 12:50 AM   #29
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyridinghigh View Post
I know some of you guys are joking about this, but a fuel line leak in a brand new car is pretty serious. My family has had 1 honda and 3 acura's in the past few years and we haven't had any problems in the first 50k miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morepwr View Post
My chevy truck hasnt had any problems for its first 165K miles!
My Chevy Colorado has had no problems. 45K miles. I did replace the windshield, not GM's fault. Oregon likes to use 1/4" crushed rock on snow and ice instead of salt. They say the salt would run off and kill the fish.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:30 AM   #30
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
Quote:
I know some of you guys are joking about this, but a fuel line leak in a brand new car is pretty serious. My family has had 1 honda and 3 acura's in the past few years and we haven't had any problems in the first 50k miles.
thats because lawn mower engines have been around for ages and all the kinks have been worked out
KoTToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:52 AM   #31
upheval
All over the planet

Drives: 2007 C6 M6 Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoTToN View Post
thats because lawn mower engines have been around for ages and all the kinks have been worked out
LOL!!!
Full Exhaust Magna Charger Dyno'd Tuned 543RWHP 489RWTQ
2011 2500HD 6.6 4X4 Z71 397HP 767TQ Factory
Waiting on the ZL1
upheval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:43 AM   #32
snsdiver72
IPA in Iraq

Drives: Traverse, Titan, Crown Vic PC
Send a message via Yahoo to snsdiver72 Send a message via Skype™ to snsdiver72
While I was still in the Army, I had bought a brand new fully loaded Nissan Frontier Desert Runner in Irvine California and drove it to Texas. When I left Irvine and hit the border of Arizona and Cali, I noticed that the passenger side of the dash was lower then normal so I pulled into get gas for the first fill up and check the dash which I then found 3 sheered off bolts on the floor that belonged to the dash. I filled up and then noticed that my full gauge no longer work either. After 2 days of driving and a little over a thousand miles I took it into a Nissan dealership and those 2 items were fixed but was told that the exhaust manifold was cracked and needed to be replaced. So yes it does happen on foreign cars as well. Worst truck I have ever owned and I have owned several nissan and datsun product along with ford and chevy.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:33 AM   #33
got_ls3

Drives: camaro ss
Send a message via MSN to got_ls3
that sucks
got_ls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:52 AM   #34
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
Could have been damaged when loading on to the truck.
Good point, and highly likely.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:00 AM   #35
camaro67
Account Suspended

Drives: marina blue 67
purchased a new pair of nike shoes for my granddaughter first time she tied them one of the laces broke.
camaro67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:03 AM   #36
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk****5 View Post
I picked up my car on Friday, Red Jewel Tint 2LT/RS and drove home. Beautiful car, handled great, saw people falling out their windows to check it out, it was just awesome. I got home and parked in the garage & 2 hours later we noticed an overwhelming smell of gas. By Saturday morning
Chevy had sent a tow truck to get it and take it to the nearest dealer. Found out this morning that there was a leak in the fuel line. The new fuel line will be delivered to them tomorrow but they have no gaskets and need to get them from the plant.
I am not pissed or anything, but am really disappointed and it looks like I will not be able to pick it up til Friday. Oh well, I waited this long, whats another week.:(
Fuel leak + hot water tank in the garage =
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:36 AM   #37
Mojave
San Diego Head Tuners

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS ,NPP,MagRide, A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluch View Post
OMG I AM CANCELLING MY ORDER!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/c/MojaveKY
https://www.instagram.com/mojaveky/
https://twitter.com/MojaveKY
http://dinowax.refr.cc/bryanm 15% off DinoWax orders
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:32 AM   #38
Baughman

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
well sorry about that. But i hate post like this because others will make a big deal abot it. And things like this just happen. A fuel line could just be a fault the material of the line, or could be transporting it. I just hope this doesnt start a ruckus
Ok..... Is he not allowed to share his experiences with the Camaro5 community? That's what the site is for. He's not blowing it out of proportion Just simply letting us all know what's going on. After all if you waited 9 mos. for a car and only drive it for a day and something went wrong, you may need to vent a little as well.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:19 AM   #39
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
If it makes you feel any better......... I would be happy to have your problem right now.

The dealership would just have to let me come up there every day to sit in my Camaro for an hour or so.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #40
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughman View Post
Ok..... Is he not allowed to share his experiences with the Camaro5 community? That's what the site is for. He's not blowing it out of proportion Just simply letting us all know what's going on. After all if you waited 9 mos. for a car and only drive it for a day and something went wrong, you may need to vent a little as well.
Totally agree.
Dakota Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #41
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
That's rough, only a few more days, though! Then it will be summer and you'll have your camaro, doesn't get any better than that
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #42
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
Quote:
How many complaints like this do you hear out of the thousands of owners on this site? I can tell you that I've had more friends with acuras/hondas/yotas problems than I have camaro problems when I'm on this board everyday. That's pretty impressive for a first year of production on a car. Anyways, rice tastes terrible is the best.
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote