Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #15
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
from hagerty

Driver Eligibility and Driving History
Generally, one or two minor traffic violations or accidents are acceptable. We are not able to offer coverage to drivers with a major infraction within the past 3-6 years, such as an alcohol-related offense, reckless driving or an excessive speed violation.* Applicants must have 5 or more years driving experience in the following states: LA, MA, NM, NC, VA and WA. All household driver’s records are subject to review by an underwriter.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:08 AM   #16
snsdiver72
IPA in Iraq

Drives: Traverse, Titan, Crown Vic PC
Send a message via Yahoo to snsdiver72 Send a message via Skype™ to snsdiver72
Why is anyone sorry about someone getting a DUI or DWI that is just rediculous. It is there own fault and shouldn't be sympathized at all. Good luck getting a decent insurance rate.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #17
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by snsdiver72 View Post
Why is anyone sorry about someone getting a DUI or DWI that is just rediculous. It is there own fault and shouldn't be sympathized at all. Good luck getting a decent insurance rate.

I dont people like this is who drives up our rates and get other people killed and hurt. My opinion if you get a DUI you should never drive again. Doing this is a conscious decision to drive while drunk, it isnt an accident. Going through college and stuff ive been drunk off my ass and never drove, ive walked miles home called a cab or a friend. And to make sure I dont do it at times i dont drive to the place to begin. Its called having a plan before you go somewhere.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #18
CanadianRocky
Convertible GonnaBe 4/11

Drives: Chrysler Aspen Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snsdiver72 View Post
& =
Old 06-11-2009, 04:16 PM   #19
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
how could this car be insured under collectors car insurance....

Doesn't it have to be 25 year or older or a super modded hot rod/muscle car? Isn't there also a limit on miles with a collectors car insurance, pretty sure its usually around 2500-5000 miles.
2000 (dealer received allocation):
2500 (order preferenced):
3000 (accepted to production):
3300 (scheduled for prod):
3400 (broadcast):
3800 (produced):
4000/4B00 (available to ship/bayed):
4200 (shipped):
4300 (intermediate, may be multiple):
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:22 PM   #20
camaroshaun

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS1 (in 2009)
Wow if I knew I was going to get bashed I would have never opened the thread. Let me be clear I did not kill anybody or get in an accident. Yes I made a mistake but I know for a fact a lot more people out there do it everyday and get away with it I learned my lesson and never done it since thanks to those who have helped me out.
camaroshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:25 PM   #21
camaroshaun

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS1 (in 2009)
Trust me I have paid my dues out here in Cali it is a pain in the ass but I deserved it and I took care of buiness
camaroshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:38 PM   #22
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroshaun View Post
Wow if I knew I was going to get bashed I would have never opened the thread. Let me be clear I did not kill anybody or get in an accident. Yes I made a mistake but I know for a fact a lot more people out there do it everyday and get away with it I learned my lesson and never done it since thanks to those who have helped me out.
shit happens, we all make mistakes. It's just as bad as people who do burnouts, street race, excessively speed or drive recklessly. We've all done stupid things, we don't all get caught. Not all of us get what we deserve. good luck.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:40 PM   #23
CanadianRocky
Convertible GonnaBe 4/11

Drives: Chrysler Aspen Hybrid
Glad to hear you accepted it was wrong and worked on it and sorted it out. I am also glad to hear that no one was injured when you made the mistake.

Lots of people still do it and get away with it, but I am inclined to think that now you know it is no excuse for anyone to do it.

You made your bed and now have to lay in it, and that is going to cost you money. But it could have been much more expensive than just money.

Enjoy your Camaro.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #24
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
as long as you learn from your mistake you'll be fine. problem is you need to wait before you get good rates again, like i said 6-7 years from conviction usually
Old 06-11-2009, 04:57 PM   #25
illestdomer2005

Drives: 1990 Honda Accord
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
shit happens, we all make mistakes. It's just as bad as people who do burnouts, street race, excessively speed or drive recklessly. We've all done stupid things, we don't all get caught. Not all of us get what we deserve. good luck.
Here, here. LOTS of people drink and drive. Some people do it once and get busted. Some people do it lots of times and never get caught. If you get by, you've gotten lucky, but luck runs out.

Just glad the lesson was learned before anyone was hurt.
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:11 PM   #26
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
jesus, guy asks one question... and everyone gets up on their ****ing soapbox.

the guy asked a question people, not a poll on moral ethics while driving.

---

like it was mentioned, shop around... you'll have to call up a few companies but you'll find the best rate. personally my best rates were found with gieco, and statefarm... progressive was expensive as hell.

me personally, my insurance went up 10% after my dui. nothing to cry about.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:48 PM   #27
c0rsa180

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
jesus, guy asks one question... and everyone gets up on their ****ing soapbox.

the guy asked a question people, not a poll on moral ethics while driving.

---

like it was mentioned, shop around... you'll have to call up a few companies but you'll find the best rate. personally my best rates were found with gieco, and statefarm... progressive was expensive as hell.

me personally, my insurance went up 10% after my dui. nothing to cry about.

We all have to deal with the consequences, and everybody is entitled to their opinions, the guy paid the price, so lets stop getting off topic and help the guy out...if you have nothing constructive to say then dont say anything

I know of someone who got a DUAI (Driving while ability impaired) and their insurance rates are not completely unreasonable, but im not sure how the insurance rates are in California

Inferno Orange Metallic
2SS
RS
M6
ordered 2/17/09
c0rsa180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #28
H3LLJumper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS VIN#11184
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0rsa180 View Post

We all have to deal with the consequences, and everybody is entitled to their opinions, the guy paid the price, so lets stop getting off topic and help the guy out...if you have nothing constructive to say then dont say anything

I know of someone who got a DUAI (Driving while ability impaired) and their insurance rates are not completely unreasonable, but im not sure how the insurance rates are in California
It's part of the consequences!
H3LLJumper is offline   Reply With Quote