Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-15-2009, 05:19 PM   #15
snsdiver72
IPA in Iraq

Drives: Traverse, Titan, Crown Vic PC
Send a message via Yahoo to snsdiver72 Send a message via Skype™ to snsdiver72
I am not entirely in the same boat, because I am working in Iraq and my new camaro is sitting in a work bay at the dealership waiting for me to pick it up, but I do not return to Texas for good until mid july. If anyone is looking for work and good money get into international contractor jobs, they pay well if you can handle the DANGER!!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #16
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by snsdiver72 View Post
I am not entirely in the same boat, because I am working in Iraq and my new camaro is sitting in a work bay at the dealership waiting for me to pick it up, but I do not return to Texas for good until mid july. If anyone is looking for work and good money get into international contractor jobs, they pay well if you can handle the DANGER!!!!
In no way am I bashing you, but when i see that i just imagine being a hitman. well, at least you have something good waiting for you.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #17
JewBacca

Drives: 1993 Pathy (hoping for a 2SS)
I feel ya man! I am completely stuck on this car. It's all I think about too, lol. I too am in school right now, and I have at least another 2 years to go. I am 23, almost 24, and started college really late. It's killing me seeing all these guys that are 19, 20, 21 with brand new 2SS's. I am not by any means down on the fact that they have great jobs, in fact I love this country because of those opportunity. I just wish I was in the same place so I too could spend MY money on some that I WANT, lol. The thing that is killing me the most is that the Camaro will end up being killed off by government regulations before I get the chance (I am NOT trying to start a political battle, that is just simply my opinion on the future of the Camaro). I just hope and pray that they won't, and we all get our chance to own one!
1999 A4 SS #2371: R.I.P. gone but never forgotten
1995 A4 Z28: Sold
1971 Shortbox Fleetside: Sold
1981 Camaro: First car, Sold
JewBacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #18
acehole

Drives: mits lancer oz
here maybe this will help
Attached Images

acehole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #19
cshaw2049

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT / RS M6 ABM
I think you need to delete the bookmark you have for this site and do your best to stay off the internet in general. Visiting this site may be fun for some but it sounds like it is adding to your general depression. You need to get "out" and stay off the computer, unless you are doing something for school. Just my 2 cents.
cshaw2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #20
snsdiver72
IPA in Iraq

Drives: Traverse, Titan, Crown Vic PC
Send a message via Yahoo to snsdiver72 Send a message via Skype™ to snsdiver72
I am an advisor between the US Government and the Iraqi Police Force, since I am a Deputy back in Texas. Also I have my lovely wife and boys and daughter waiting for me. I have been here in the sandbox (Iraq) for 2 years and it is time to come home for good. The Camaro is my present to myself for the sacrifices I have made. Just to confirm I am not a HITMAN.

Last edited by snsdiver72; 06-15-2009 at 05:44 PM.
snsdiver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #21
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
I know how you feel, brah. If I made a little more money I would be able to get one now. I still could, but I want my freakin' 8 cylinder. I might not get one until Spring of next year.

The thing with this site is, it's a double-edged sword. I hate all the bastards that got one (not really, you know what I mean), but it's also kinda what keeps the dream alive.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:09 PM   #22
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
I know how you feel. I will not be ready to get a camaro until next spring and it sucks so bad. i hate waiting. I saw a camaro at tailgaters last night (a 1LT) and i was very jealous.
Me too, waiting until next spring. Its killing me...

OP, just steal one, fek it

Acehole, your a butthead... lol jk

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #23
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
Yea... get off the website for a while... go get some ass or something... the car will be here... although, if you continue the way your going you may not!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:26 PM   #24
DntWrryBeHappy21
Patiently Waiting...

Drives: whatevers in the driveway atm
Send a message via AIM to DntWrryBeHappy21
sigh I feel your pain I want one really bad but I'm starting college this fall and it really makes no sense (even if i could afford it which i cant) to buy a new car where i wont be able to even drive it much...

One day....
DntWrryBeHappy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:38 PM   #25
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Ive been working 5 10's during the week plus 4+ hours on saturday to get my finance's in order then i have to save up on top of that. I used to do 0 overtime before this car came out as i hate it with a passion but if i want this car this is the price i have to pay. Doing 50+ hours a week in a factory takes its toll on you. Try saving up for a car like this with 3 kids and a wife with needs my friend then you will understand sacrifice.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:44 PM   #26
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Zabo!! You need to breathe dude. Basing you happiness on a car is not the way to go.

There are far more important things in life than an engine housed in metal with seats.

Dude, relax, your time will come. Go smell the roses, have fun with Loved ones.

Respect.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:50 PM   #27
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Thanks for the support guys. I really do appreciate this family and it's why I stay around. But seeing them in town kinda defeats the purpose for staying off of here because I cant really just delete life as a bookmark and stay a shutin.

It'd defeat the purpose of..well..life, school, etc? And I have been putting school forward more and more, and that hanging over my head may just be another thing exacerbating the problem. I'm sure I'll get over it but oddly enough about 3 hours after I posted this I got a job offer from a professor to assist in IT issues on the Aviation colleges' campus.

Talk about god watching your back. Oh yeah, and snsdiver72; Contractor jobs are the shiz. Tax free income for A&Ps in the 6 figs FTMFW! I have a classmate that's got one possibly lined up for post grad. I call him an idiot but then again he's a former paratrooper so when isn't he? XD
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:23 PM   #28
CamaroSS426

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via AIM to CamaroSS426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Not. Funny.

And I'm not joking in the lightest. It's almost become too problematic for me, and seeing them some places just makes it worse; almost to the point of me wanting to shut myself in and not drive/ride anywhere.

I need muscle, speed, power..

The Explorer doesn't and will never deliver.

And the lack of a job only works to compound the stress. I'm just waiting to have to hit irpq up for some hair pieces after all of my hair falls out.
I know the feeling, My first car was a 92 astro van when I was 16 with like 180k, now I am driving a 92 caprice classic... I can't wait for some muscle. This one is long over due for me. This one will have more horse power then those two combined
CamaroSS426 is offline   Reply With Quote