Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #15
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
I'm more of a performance guy and can really care less about looks, but if I do go with 13 genesis coupe turbo it will definitely be on my #1 to do list LOL. The front does look a little too busy, I can't argue with that. All of the reviews so far seem very good for the new 13 gen coupes. Especially the new GDI V6. The review said the acceleration vs the last generation V6 coupe is "brutal" LOL! They also included a sound box for the V6 version just like the mustang GT's this time, but everyone seem to agree that the 2.0 turbo is the way to go being 300lb lighter.

Now if there was more info and reviews for the new Ford ST.....

I always appreciated john for not going anywhere even after his brick and now the mini LOL. I will definitely join him in the no more camaro stick around guys LOL!:THUMBSUP:

How about an ex camaro club scrming
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #16
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I onno man. Think you have to stick with RWD or go AWD lol torque steer sucks
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #17
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
I'm more of a performance guy and can really care less about looks, but if I do go with 13 genesis coupe turbo it will definitely be on my #1 to do list LOL. The front does look a little too busy, I can't argue with that. All of the reviews so far seem very good for the new 13 gen coupes. Especially the new GDI V6. The review said the acceleration vs the last generation V6 coupe is "brutal" LOL! They also included a sound box for the V6 version just like the mustang GT's this time, but everyone seem to agree that the 2.0 turbo is the way to go being 300lb lighter.

I always appreciated john for not going anywhere even after his brick and now the mini LOL. I will definitely join him in the no more camaro stick around guys LOL!:THUMBSUP:

How about an ex camaro club scrming
easy, get bigger turbos

gonna miss the contributions you've brought to the community and you're active involvement with the C5. its been great having you on here and pushing the limits with tuning and aftermarket support. thanks again for everything jay. good luck to you and whatever route you go.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #18
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
Quote:

Been checking this out for my wife... I think I need to test drive it when it is locally available... New Torque-Steer Compensation System looks interesting...
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #19
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
I onno man. Think you have to stick with RWD or go AWD lol torque steer sucks
I'm interested to see what the new Focus ST will be myself. Supposedly the electic steering has eliminated the torque steer (less assist on the pulled side) and I know it worked very well in my Cruze, but it can't compete with AWD. However, for fun, look for videos of the Focus RS (euro only) going up against a GT-R in testing. If the ST is anything like that I'd take one in a heartbeat.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #20
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
I want those headers ! Why isn't any one getting them ?
Old 05-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #21
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
I want those headers ! Why isn't any one getting them ?
Most of them don't have the cash, some are trying to get the money together as we speak, if anyone want it then you better get on it. I don't think it will be available by end of this week.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #22
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I'm interested to see what the new Focus ST will be myself. Supposedly the electic steering has eliminated the torque steer (less assist on the pulled side) and I know it worked very well in my Cruze, but it can't compete with AWD. However, for fun, look for videos of the Focus RS (euro only) going up against a GT-R in testing. If the ST is anything like that I'd take one in a heartbeat.
yes yes Gretch! What surprise me the most is that they said the ST-R was built from all production parts that we are going to be able to purchase, but john did mention to me that the ECM is locked. If that's the case than I'm probably going to look the other way. Whatever car I go with next has to have no tuning limitation.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #23
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Glad to hear you are sticking around. A lot of fun cars on the horizon, so I'm sure you'll find what you want.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #24
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I have to check that out!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #25
bmorecam
Account Suspended

The ST is a beast, and for mid 25k you get a very nice recaro seats and big brakes especially designed for this car. ST is huge in Europe and it's been like that for years and years. Those guys over there are pushing some serious numbers. I don't think the ST is coming until end of this year I believe. I just wish there was more info online except for car show pics/videos.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #26
'11CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
sucks to hear your trading your car in :( i cant blame you though, honestly alot if not everyone has thought about it too. my vote out of the wrx, genesis, and st, i pick new genesis coupe turbo. if i were to trade and not get a 4 door car i would prolly get that one. cant mess with numbers like that
'11CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #27
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
Quote:
The ST is a beast, and for mid 25k you get a very nice recaro seats and big brakes especially designed for this car. ST is huge in Europe and it's been like that for years and years. Those guys over there are pushing some serious numbers. I don't think the ST is coming until end of this year I believe. I just wish there was more info online except for car show pics/videos.
There's more up on the Ford site as of yesterday...
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #28
bmorecam
Account Suspended

2013 twin scroll turbo R-Spec genesis coupe is on my first list. I wish the ST was available now. I'm going to have to check out the site again. Thanks for the head up!