Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #29
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explit Player View Post
Lul... Mustangs are all talk and no facts

How so?
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #30
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
How so?
The new 2013+ mustangs are not played out at all. They look badass and it's going to take a helluva new car from ford to beat them (world mustang better not look like a fusion coupe). The frontend, rear end, new interior cues make it the best looking stang ever.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #31
BigRedMikeLV

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Metallic 1LE/2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Camaro's still holding on to the lead, but it's clear the Challenger is chipping away at both Ford and Chevy.

To be honest the Challenger has changed quite a bit. They got rid of that awful V6 for their current one, they've beefed up the SRT to 470hp, and they always come out with exciting colors and special packages. I think they've done pretty well considering.
People always say the color thing, I want to know what colors are exciting? They have 2 shades of gray, 2 shades of black, a white, a blue and a red. We have more options than that in the Camaro or Mustang.
BigRedMikeLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #32
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
The new 2013+ mustangs are not played out at all. They look badass and it's going to take a helluva new car from ford to beat them (world mustang better not look like a fusion coupe). The frontend, rear end, new interior cues make it the best looking stang ever.

I love my Camaro more but I agree w/ this 100%. The 2013's are really nice. When I saw the Fusion the first time I really liked it but now I think it looks too much like the other cars out there - i.e. Kia. Will be disappointed if the Mustang takes on the same looks.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #33
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

And you'll be devastated if they aren't.....

There is all sort of evidence that sales deteriorate 20% by the third year of a lifecycle - therefore, Mid-cycles are planned at some point.

If you go back to 2008, there was caterwauling of all sorts when people saw the taillamps and back-up lamps of the current Camaro. People actually were struck sterile when they saw the steering wheel on the 2010! (...at least you'd think they were by the carrying-on on this very site....) -- and yet people must have fell in love with it - because when we changed it for 2012, the world was going to come to an end. We'd never be able to sell the car with the hideous new wheel................

Once again I'll ask you to cut everyone a break - and wait until you see the 2014 Camaros in person - you just MAY be surprised!

(..........but I have a feeling that no matter what we do, you'll still have something to say about it........)
Not devastated if they aren't shocked if they are. Been a Chevy fan all my life it's just that Chevrolet is setting itself up for failure with this redesign.
I see a lot of people saying I'm getting used to the 14's, When the prototype on the fifth-generation came out I didn't have to get used to it. Most of us here fell in love with it at first sight. So I'll say it again if it has to grow on me Or i have to get used to it I never really liked it in the first place. The sixth generation can't come fast enough. I just hope that this refresh isn't a sign of the direction they are heading for the next generation.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #34
HeavyIOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post

I agree 100% on what you are saying about the 13's. I was meaning more in the chasis and the general shape. To the majority of the public the current S197 seems old. not to mention in 05 Mustangs were fly off the lots like hot cakes, everyone had to have one.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #35
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
Wow the Challenger has really been picking up sales with no major changes to apperance.
Probably due to the "fire sales" dodge dealers have been having on Challengers over the past couple months,they need to clear inventory to make room for the Cuda.

A friend of mine was able to pick a new challenger up way under invoice last month,the dealers are pushing those cars hard.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #36
HeavyIOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhurst View Post
Probably due to the "fire sales" dodge dealers have been having on Challengers over the past couple months,they need to clear inventory to make room for the Cuda.

A friend of mine was able to pick a new challenger up way under invoice last month,the dealers are pushing those cars hard.

I dont really think they trying to clear inventory for the Cuda. We still have a few years till we see the Cuda.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #37
SROD
THE ROD MAN

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS #631
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

And you'll be devastated if they aren't.....

There is all sort of evidence that sales deteriorate 20% by the third year of a lifecycle - therefore, Mid-cycles are planned at some point.

If you go back to 2008, there was caterwauling of all sorts when people saw the taillamps and back-up lamps of the current Camaro. People actually were struck sterile when they saw the steering wheel on the 2010! (...at least you'd think they were by the carrying-on on this very site....) -- and yet people must have fell in love with it - because when we changed it for 2012, the world was going to come to an end. We'd never be able to sell the car with the hideous new wheel................

Once again I'll ask you to cut everyone a break - and wait until you see the 2014 Camaros in person - you just MAY be surprised!

(..........but I have a feeling that no matter what we do, you'll still have something to say about it........)

you are the Man! I think people are complaining just to have something to do.

People in this world need to learn to move forward, or you'll be left behind.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #38
bitinas

Drives: 2011 camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
I hope not. I guess it depends on how much they increase the price on 2014's. Usually a refresh will help with sales.

Is the refresh bad enough that you would buy a mustang or challenger instead?
I personally would buy used 2010-13 camaro, but not 2014 model
bitinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #39
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
i think the Camaro will continue to do well in 2014, and who's to say Ford people don't start waiting for the 2015?
still can't figure who buys the challenger. it's more generic looking than the other two and is more expensive to get the SRT to compete with the SS and GT.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #40
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedMikeLV View Post
People always say the color thing, I want to know what colors are exciting? They have 2 shades of gray, 2 shades of black, a white, a blue and a red. We have more options than that in the Camaro or Mustang.
Hemi Orange nuff said, haha.

I am no Dodge fan, but like others said the Challenger just looks bad ass. Especially in Orange, If I was to see a 13 Mustang GT a, 13 Camaro and a 13 challenger coming down the road, if they are all in bright colors, my attention is getting drawn to Orange Challenger haha
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #41
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Hemi Orange nuff said, haha.

I am no Dodge fan, but like others said the Challenger just looks bad ass. Especially in Orange, If I was to see a 13 Mustang GT a, 13 Camaro and a 13 challenger coming down the road, if they are all in bright colors, my attention is getting drawn to Orange Challenger haha
I agree.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #42
ThaCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
My bet on the rise in Challenger sales is the SRT8 CORE, idk how long this has been an option but its the 6.4 starting at 40k vs the 45k the SRT8 has been.

375RWHP/399RWTQ
ThaCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote