Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 06-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #15
11TexaSS

Drives: 2011RedJewel, FI
What a pain in the butt!! UPS is the problem here. Sorry but your anger is directed at the wrong party. Hopefully it was insured to cover the replacement but either way I think you're stuck waiting for the full process. Good luck!
11TexaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #16
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylePickard View Post
Spoke with magnuson and ups again today. It has been now confirmed the supercharger is lost. Magnuson apparently has a policy that they will not give me a new supercharger until I fork over another 7 grand in the mean time ups has about a two month process they go through for lost products. Is there any legal laws that say magnuson has to back there product or when something is lost that they should be responsible for getting a replacement when they were the ones who created the label and insured the package?
Man that sucks!! How does UPS lose a SUPERCHARGER? I can just see me coming home expecting a small part for my car like a PTB, then when I actually get there they have a supercharger sitting at my doorstep just Bc the UPS driver assumed it was mine Bc he knows I constantly order car parts?
As surprised as I would be, I would still contact UPS about the mistake.
That's a tough break bro. I hope they work things out fast.
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #17
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by woolf View Post
I agree 100% Magnason is outstanding with there customer service and UPS is the responsible party.
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #18
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
My company ships high-dollar transmissions and parts all over the world. If we commission the shipment (i.e. UPS bill comes to us), if something happens we take care of the customer first, then file a claim with UPS to get our company reimbursed. Obviously UPS is the cause of the issue, but the customer shouldn't have to suffer for it.

My $.02
Old 06-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #19
TriGun

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS Ice Silver
For sure it is UPS fault. And I almost certain you have to go through the two month process to find your shipment.

But to have another supercharger, depends on the shipment insurance policy and how much it was covered in case of lost or damaged shipment. Either way Magnouson must file the claim as the shipping contract is between them and UPS.

You run after Magnouson > Magnouson run after UPS.
TriGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #20
family man

Drives: .
This sucks, sorry to hear about it.
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #21
Biscuitpie

Drives: '11 Cammed LS3, '14 Scion FRS
Try to a do a chargeback on your credit card. Magnuson paid for the shipping, UPS messed up. None of this has to do with you, so why are they able to hold onto seven thousand dollars because they feel like it?

SOLD with a Z06 in the not too distant future: Cammed, boltons, axles, lowered, and more. | 476 WHP
Biscuitpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #22
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylePickard View Post
Really disappointed right now with Magnuson. I bought a 2300 supercharger from them about a month ago. Put it on and four days later the seal on the supercharger is leaking. So my shop pulled it off and Magnuson created a return label to have it sent back so they could do the necessary repairs. The supercharger was sent out on June 5, 2013 and it still hasn't been delivered a week and a half later when it was a next day delivery. So I gave Magnuson the benefit of the doubt and figured UPS lost it. UPS wouldn't give me any information since Magnuson created the label. So I call up Magnuson and the response I get from the sales manager is, "What are you worried about it shows it is in transit. " I explained to her it was a next day delivery that was sent over a week ago and that since they were the ones who created the label they needed to contact UPS for more information, and her next response almost knocked me off my feet. She said, "and what do you like me to do about that." Apparently 7400 dollars of missing in action product is pocket change to the people over at Magnuson. I went with Magnuson because of all the good things I have heard about them but to my discovery there customer service is far below par and what they make it out to seem. No body over there wants to give me any support in finding my lost supercharger and I wouldn't recommend anyone doing business with them.
First off im deeply sorry to hear about you bad luck with this magnuson supercharger! I understand when folks throw choices of wording out there that you dont like it gets you all steamed up however I can also say as im sure you already know thats a way to get them to say oh well try calling back.
I am a Former UPS driver as of a few years ago the best thing to do is Call Magnuson and be cool as soon as someone answers say I need a manager when the next person gets on the phone ask if they are a manager keep asking until you get one tell them you sent the SC back through UPS ( next day ) there company wrote the paper work up therefore they need to contact UPS to find this product. Its not lost for good. UPS scans everything as it gets on the truck and as it is taken off a truck. IT may still be at the hub. With magnuson getting the info to UPS in half a second UPS can tell where it is make a phone call and verify.

Dont mess with folks who work the phone or customer service ask for a manager ( and keep calm ) I learned that the hard way lol

btw magnuson cant keep that tracking number from you as you paid for it so if they dont want to hand it over I would nicely ask for a refund or a new supercharger.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #23
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitpie View Post
Try to a do a chargeback on your credit card. Magnuson paid for the shipping, UPS messed up. None of this has to do with you, so why are they able to hold onto seven thousand dollars because they feel like it?
I too would try and dispute the charge.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #24
SlyJester7
SoCal HT5 *COTW 8/26/13*

Drives: 2013 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
My company ships high-dollar transmissions and parts all over the world. If we commission the shipment (i.e. UPS bill comes to us), if something happens we take care of the customer first, then file a claim with UPS to get our company reimbursed. Obviously UPS is the cause of the issue, but the customer shouldn't have to suffer for it.

My $.02
Old 06-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #25
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
First off im deeply sorry to hear about you bad luck with this magnuson supercharger! I understand when folks throw choices of wording out there that you dont like it gets you all steamed up however I can also say as im sure you already know thats a way to get them to say oh well try calling back.
I am a Former UPS driver as of a few years ago the best thing to do is Call Magnuson and be cool as soon as someone answers say I need a manager when the next person gets on the phone ask if they are a manager keep asking until you get one tell them you sent the SC back through UPS ( next day ) there company wrote the paper work up therefore they need to contact UPS to find this product. Its not lost for good. UPS scans everything as it gets on the truck and as it is taken off a truck. IT may still be at the hub. With magnuson getting the info to UPS in half a second UPS can tell where it is make a phone call and verify.

Dont mess with folks who work the phone or customer service ask for a manager ( and keep calm ) I learned that the hard way lol

btw magnuson cant keep that tracking number from you as you paid for it so if they dont want to hand it over I would nicely ask for a refund or a new supercharger.
^^ this was exactly my thoughts! I don't work for Ups but I have been in retail Management for 25 years. I would have hung up on the irresponsible lady that couldn't take care of the situation and immediately got in contact with a supervisor.
I would agree to start off calm, but when push comes to shove, calm don't always work! You have to demand someone trace it down. It was too expensive to just wait and see. Like that lady said, "it's showing in transit"?
Duh it was suppose to be next DAY!
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #26
Smkn600CTD

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 2014 SS Sedan
You paid.

You don't have the product.

Refund or dispute the card charges.

Its UPS screw up, but there no way I would let someone hold 7k bucks and have nothing to show for it for months at a time.

Let them ship you another sc, and they can wait for UPS to reimburse them.
2014 SS Sedan #2577/3537
2013 Camaro 2SS/RS.
2013 Camro ZL1 Vert
2009 Dodge Daytona Charger #332/400
Smkn600CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #27
KylePickard

Drives: 2012 Chevy 2SS 45th Edition Camaro
Yeah the ideal thing would be for Magnuson to send me a new supercharger and they wait for the refund from UPS since they have alot more money then me...here is the kicker, I just discovered Magnuson insured the supercharger through UPS for a value of 5 DOLLARS!! They have their work cut out for them now. I cant afford to be without a car any longer. Its already been three weeks. Next Magnuson and UPS will be getting my rental car bill!!
KylePickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #28
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Don't think so on the 5 bucks. Ups standard insurance is $100 that they put on even if you do.t ask for.any insurance.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magnuson, supercharger