Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #687
Alrighty Then

Drives: 2010 V6 M6 Camaro
I agree, I hope he is still around to chime in. Definetly one of the first modded out v6's, much respect.
Alrighty Then is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #688
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Thanks guys. Sorry, haven't been active on the boards. Mad props to Tracy though, he's putting together some sick builds. I hope all C5 V-6 owners gives him a first look he is the only vendor to really come through.

Still have the car. Over 2 years now and only 2500 miles though. Kinda stopped driving it last year. Keep waiting on fueling issues to be solved. Its still a fun car though, and I have the M6 with 3.73 gearing. First gear is kinda a waste though, she'll just light up the tires and then its a quick shift to second. But from there its pretty damn fun! May ship the car to Maui to my brothers so I can run it at the 1/4 mile track there. What's been the latest on FI 1/4 mile times? Anyone break 11's? Gretchen I hope?
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #689
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
hahaha Z how ya been man???!!!!!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #690
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
fueling issue seems to be resolved btw, and we got new valves, springs. Cams on the way as well
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #691
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
Thanks guys. Sorry, haven't been active on the boards. Mad props to Tracy though, he's putting together some sick builds. I hope all C5 V-6 owners gives him a first look he is the only vendor to really come through.

Still have the car. Over 2 years now and only 2500 miles though. Kinda stopped driving it last year. Keep waiting on fueling issues to be solved. Its still a fun car though, and I have the M6 with 3.73 gearing. First gear is kinda a waste though, she'll just light up the tires and then its a quick shift to second. But from there its pretty damn fun! May ship the car to Maui to my brothers so I can run it at the 1/4 mile track there. What's been the latest on FI 1/4 mile times? Anyone break 11's? Gretchen I hope?
Yeah fuel problem is solved. Gretchen and myself have the new pump. Waiting on Vince and Gretchen to finish to final tweaks on the new pump tune. So far he has hit 500rwhp. Tracy ran 12.4 in Gretchen's car in Feb.-March. Big things happening for the LLT last few months. You coming to CFIII?
Old 07-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #692
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:

Nice to see you back! HDRS still has the best time so far (11.8), but I'm gunning for him at CFest III . Before these last mods it should have been in the 11s but the suspension and alignment need some tweaking. With slicks/skinnies it would have been there for sure. Now, I'm worried I'm going to run faster than 11.5 and get kicked off the track (no roll cage, yet). I think I'm going to just run the DRs and if it looks like I can run the slicks without breaking 11.5 I swap them. I'm sure HDRS will have something cooked up as well, and Cant_C_Me is right there with us. It should be a very interesting August.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #693
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Z....your back!!

Things are progessing. Now they are solving the fuel issues and tuning for the extra fuel.

We have two companies offering supercharger kits and we also have cams coming soon.

If you haven't read anything about ported IMs or the IM insulators maybe you should give those a look as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Nice to see you back! HDRS still has the best time so far (11.8), but I'm gunning for him at CFest III . Before these last mods it should have been in the 11s but the suspension and alignment need some tweaking. With slicks/skinnies it would have been there for sure. Now, I'm worried I'm going to run faster than 11.5 and get kicked off the track (no roll cage, yet). I think I'm going to just run the DRs and if it looks like I can run the slicks without breaking 11.5 I swap them. I'm sure HDRS will have something cooked up as well, and Cant_C_Me is right there with us. It should be a very interesting August.
Derek, I say run with DRs and even if you get close to 11.5....then run with the slicks anyway (just as long as they give you your timeslip before they kick you off the track) lol. The better timeslip will be worth it....right!!?? lol
Old 07-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #694
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Z....your back!!

Things are progessing. Now they are solving the fuel issues and tuning for the extra fuel.

We have two companies offering supercharger kits and we also have cams coming soon.

If you haven't read anything about ported IMs or the IM insulators maybe you should give those a look as well.

Derek, I say run with DRs and even if you get close to 11.5....then run with the slicks anyway (just as long as they give you your timeslip before they kick you off the track) lol. The better timeslip will be worth it....right!!?? lol
I just don't want to get kicked out to early and have to watch all you guys having fun.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:32 AM   #695
Z Madness

Wow. 500 rwhp? Okay, where do I get this fuel pump? If we get these v-6's in the 11's then I'll pass getting an LSX. What about these IM's? Looks like I have a lot of catching up! Let me know.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:34 AM   #696
Z Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Yeah fuel problem is solved. Gretchen and myself have the new pump. Waiting on Vince and Gretchen to finish to final tweaks on the new pump tune. So far he has hit 500rwhp. Tracy ran 12.4 in Gretchen's car in Feb.-March. Big things happening for the LLT last few months. You coming to CFIII?
Too much hassle to ship my car to join CFest. Thought about renting a Camaro but it just wouldn't be the same. I envy you guys who are going though.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:17 AM   #697
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Wow. 500 rwhp? Okay, where do I get this fuel pump? If we get these v-6's in the 11's then I'll pass getting an LSX. What about these IM's? Looks like I have a lot of catching up! Let me know.
Right now Tracy is the only selling them. I'm not sure how many he has in stock. They are a PITA to install and you will throw some codes because of the VERY HIGH pressure at idle, but you can get around it with the tune. Going to need a larger diameter intake tube if you are going for 425+ (auto) because we are maxing out the MAF at that point on my car. There are some bandaids for this, but they could be dangerous.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #698
Z Madness

Bumping my own thread from the dead. Yes, I still have my original Sweetness. After 4 years, I still only have 3,500 miles. So anyway, I go to awaken her from her deep slumber and her oil pump isn't working. Was looking into a replacement (and one that is quite) and hear from RDditen that STS is using an oil less turbo option.

Given that I don't drive her much, I'm thinking of going this route. It will still be water-cooled but bearings have a re-greasable core. Or is there a better option.

I tried to read through the threads but it seems that everyone has bailed on the LLT? I'm hoping someone can chime in here (e.g. Gretchen) and give the cliff notes version.

What is available for the LLT? Is it still Trifecta for tuning? Is there a reliable fuel pump upgrade? If not, I am just going to keep her as is until the new Alpha platform is released.

My son is now of driving age and really wants to run her at AutoX next season which is in July. So my goal is to get her running by then. Input is needed!
Old 04-14-2014, 08:01 PM   #699
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Blast from the past man, Glad you still have the car, followed your build for awhile there.

Hp tuners is now supporting the LLT so you can dyno tune that bad boy.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:21 PM   #700
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Bumping my own thread from the dead. Yes, I still have my original Sweetness. After 4 years, I still only have 3,500 miles. So anyway, I go to awaken her from her deep slumber and her oil pump isn't working. Was looking into a replacement (and one that is quite) and hear from RDditen that STS is using an oil less turbo option.

Given that I don't drive her much, I'm thinking of going this route. It will still be water-cooled but bearings have a re-greasable core. Or is there a better option.

I tried to read through the threads but it seems that everyone has bailed on the LLT? I'm hoping someone can chime in here (e.g. Gretchen) and give the cliff notes version.

What is available for the LLT? Is it still Trifecta for tuning? Is there a reliable fuel pump upgrade? If not, I am just going to keep her as is until the new Alpha platform is released.

My son is now of driving age and really wants to run her at AutoX next season which is in July. So my goal is to get her running by then. Input is needed!
I wouldn't try a greased turbo. They make some high temp greases, but that seems to be asking a lot.

Cant_c_me just replaced his mump and says it is real quiet. I will get him in here to give details.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk