Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
Dobberman15

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6 with upgrades
Spark Plug Recomendation

Hey guys I want to upgrade my spark Plugs. Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts for me. Thanks in advance guys 2011 Camaro LS
Dobberman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Keep the stock ones unless you are adding boost or nitrous
Old 05-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
Dobberman15

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6 with upgrades
I hear ya, the only ones that caught my interest were the iridium pulse by pulstar?Anyone know of the brand or have used them?
Dobberman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:11 AM   #4
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobberman15 View Post
Hey guys I want to upgrade my spark Plugs. Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts for me. Thanks in advance guys 2011 Camaro LS
What do you guys and gals think of the E3 Spark plugs? not to steal your thread.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie RS View Post
What do you guys and gals think of the E3 Spark plugs? not to steal your thread.

I was wondering that too.. E3 claims more HP and better econ. I wonder if this is true or just snake oil.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #6
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobberman15 View Post
I hear ya, the only ones that caught my interest were the iridium pulse by pulstar?Anyone know of the brand or have used them?
Pulstar plugs are crap! Not to mention expensive @ $11 - 15/each! They were $25/each when I tried them in my '08 Lancer GTS and after about a month of running them my car was acting weird. Took out the plugs and noticed orangish rings forming on the ceramic piece where the it joins the metal part that screws in. Not to mention one of them developed enough heat that it made the spark plug brittle. I was able to pull the pulse plug apart at the ceramic piece with little to no effort.

They sent me another set for free, and I noticed the same burn marks that the previous set developed.

Just stick with the standard Iridium tip spark plugs!
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie RS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
I was wondering that too.. E3 claims more HP and better econ. I wonder if this is true or just snake oil.
The E3 spark plugs I would say are a mixed review. My dad tried them on his corvette and hhr and they worked fine. they did see a very small fuel increase and really no extra power that was a huge diffrence. But when he put them on his new cruze the car would act funny. It ended up turning off after releasing the clutch in first gear. We just took them out and put the stock ones back. Personally I would say stay stock
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #8
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
you really can't beat the stock plugs unless you increase the gap on the plugs (which isn't possible on the OEM plugs). if you're increasing the gap on the plugs, the OEM can handle a little extra gap, but you need to beef up your coils to drive the spark to really see a performance increase (a better fuller burn of fuel/air). after you've got 20K+ mi's on your car, you will see a gain with "performance" and maybe an extra mpg or 2 simply due to swapping to fresh plugs. it isn't like the old days of getting an MSD coil pack and some copper plugs...technology is what it is and old skool rulz don't always apply here. there are coils in the works by Performance Distributors but still in the R&D phase.