Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-14-2009, 11:19 PM   #29
luvnmycamaro

Drives: Inferno orange 2SS
I had to repo the wifes keys, the first day she said it was ugly and the second day she wanted it for herself.....geez what a flip flop, she likes them dang foreign jobs thats her white car in the garage
Old 10-15-2009, 07:40 AM   #30
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Bought mine off a lot. Had one on order for two months prior. After buying the lot car, I cancelled that order. So definitely not an impulse buy for me.

But...I never test drove one before I bought one. Not even a V6. How could a car that looks so good not be fun to drive???
Old 10-15-2009, 07:53 AM   #31
Phoneguy

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro CGM 2LT
Ordered mine 2 weeks after the formal launch in May. My dealer had one on the showroom that I just wanted to go up and look at as I was trying to decide between that and an RX-8. As soon as I opened the door and sat in the one in the showroom, I was convinced that I had made the right decision. I ordered on the spot even though I told my wife that I was just looking as I still had, at the time, a year left on my lease. Now I have 3 cars until the lease is up on my CX7.
Phoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:04 AM   #32
kjd15
Finally!!

Drives: '10 2LT Summit white, '68 Camaro
Mine was definitely not an impulse buy. I knew for a few years that I would have one of these Camaros eventually. I did look a a couple on a lot, but besides the fact that they were SS's and I wanted a 2LT, they were $5500 over sticker, so I went to another dealer and ordered the one I wanted.
kjd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:40 AM   #33
Susantroy1
To All Veterans

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by glambert1 View Post
I walked into the dealer and got mine the same way I found my wife I saw it , I got horny, and I had to have it , and now I'm constantly shelling out a lot of money to keep it
Susantroy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #34
1 faSSt rabbit

Drives: '10 SS/RS M6 CGM IO Interior
Impulse! I was goofing off on the Chevy site doing the 'build your Camaro' thing. It returned a 100% match at a dealer that was less than 5 miles from my house! It was available at MSRP. It was in my garage about 3 hours later. Love it!
1 faSSt rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #35
SRVFAN
Too Much FUN!!

Drives: RUBY!! 2010 2SS/RS RJT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
I ordered mine, with virtually no vision of what the final product would look like. It was worse than buying a house from a floor plan.

I have NO regrets, love my car, wouldn't trade it for the world, not to say if opportunity knocks, I wouldn't ADD to it

Ditto on all of the above! Lovin' my Ruby!
2500 (order preferenced):
3000 (accepted to production): 7/30/09 - TPW 8/17/09
3300 (scheduled for prod) 8/5/09 THANKS Viz!!
3400 (broadcast): 8/15/09
3800 (produced):8/22/09 - #39,334
4000/4B00 (available to ship/bayed):
4200 (shipped): 8/24/09
4300 (intermediate, may be multiple):
5000 (at dealer):09/03/09
6000 (delivered to customer): 9/3/09
SRVFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:08 AM   #36
rtcage

Drives: 2010 2SSRS RJT
I started researching where to order from and took the wife and kids out to "look" at them. After studying up I realized that the car in the showroom was equipped exactly how I would have ordered it. On my way back to the dealership I had them pull it outside so I could see it in the daylight. When I pulled up and saw it sitting by itself in all its glory I looked at my wife and said, "it's done." I walked up to it with my six year old boy just as the salesman hit the remote start from inside the showroom. I will never forget the look on my boys face when he heard it start up by itself. I'm pretty sure he still thinks its a Transformer. I had told my wife in the past that I didn't care about having a Porsche or a Ferrari but that someday I would love to restore an old Camaro. Having seen the new ones and realizing just how much it would cost to do a restore the way I wanted to, the 2010 was a no brainer. I'm sure that anyone who thinks they know me and has seen my 15 cars in 21 years thinks it was an impulse. Anyone who REALLY knows me realizes that this is a dream I've had since I was 16.

My son is learning a lot from this car and is always asking me about car weights and horsepower. With any luck he'll be a safe driver, good student and will get the keys once in a while.
rtcage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:13 AM   #37
kjd15
Finally!!

Drives: '10 2LT Summit white, '68 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcage View Post
I started researching where to order from and took the wife and kids out to "look" at them. After studying up I realized that the car in the showroom was equipped exactly how I would have ordered it. On my way back to the dealership I had them pull it outside so I could see it in the daylight. When I pulled up and saw it sitting by itself in all its glory I looked at my wife and said, "it's done." I walked up to it with my six year old boy just as the salesman hit the remote start from inside the showroom. I will never forget the look on my boys face when he heard it start up by itself. I'm pretty sure he still thinks its a Transformer. I had told my wife in the past that I didn't care about having a Porsche or a Ferrari but that someday I would love to restore an old Camaro. Having seen the new ones and realizing just how much it would cost to do a restore the way I wanted to, the 2010 was a no brainer. I'm sure that anyone who thinks they know me and has seen my 15 cars in 21 years thinks it was an impulse. Anyone who REALLY knows me realizes that this is a dream I've had since I was 16.

My son is learning a lot from this car and is always asking me about car weights and horsepower. With any luck he'll be a safe driver, good student and will get the keys once in a while.
Aww, great story!
kjd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #38
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Same here..never seen the color. Winged it and it only got better.
ordered and had only seen what the WWW could provide for info and photos.

I have to give credit to this site for helping to keep me sane and make some hard choices on the monthes up to my order and after..not that hard in hindsight. the car is sweet.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:17 PM   #39
RRamJet SSRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SSRS ABM
Planned impulse. Two months ago, I was just getting ready (after thinking it over and over for a few weeks) to find a dealer and order, but wanted to see the ABM in person before deciding. Found a dealer 40 miles away that might have one. Called them on a Friday, he told me I could look, but it was already sold. Drove to dealership on Saturday to take a look and he tells me it might be available, but he had to wait till Monday to be sure. It was exactly what I was planning on ordering - ABM 2SSRS LS3/M6 (except it had a sunroof). Called him on Monday, I think my heart stopped for a few beats when he told me it was mine if I wanted it. Picked it up the next day.

I was lucky, I don't think I could have survived the torture of waiting.
RRamJet SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:27 PM   #40
CHVY-2SS

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS
I wouldn't say impulse...but never took one for a test drive or even heard on running. I was looking at Corvettes on line and my wife just couldn't understand why I wanted a Corvette. I thought everyone wanted a Corvette when they grew up. I clicked on the Camaro and she said "now I could go for something like that". We never looked back. Love the Camaro! Now we will have to see if the Z28 becomes reality.
CHVY-2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #41
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
Both my wife's "impulse" Mine "ordered" either way happy as can be with them
Old 10-16-2009, 11:34 AM   #42
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS and a 09' Deluxe
Impulse!!! Was on my way to buy a Jeep Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Well there was a Chevy dealer on the way there, about a mile before the Jeep dealership. I noticed 2 Camaros sitting on the corner and stopped in to check them out first. The dealer had 8 camaros there. I left with one of them.
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote