Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 03-24-2015, 11:02 AM   #43
1LeSS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS VR 1LE
There is no quick fix but if we don't start somewhere, there will never be proper trading. The de minimus threshold seems like such a small thing but its a big part of what we are trying to accomplish.
I ask all of you to copy the letter and send it to the address I listed. If you are on other forums. please copy it over there so others can get involved.
Yes some of you have the luxury of living close to the border, I wish I did. Help us all with a simple click of the mouse.
BC Racing coil-overs, 32ml rear sway bar, Solid cradle bushing kit, Steel jacket radius rod bushes, JPSS caster bolt, Bo White TB, Granitelli HP coils, Apex Catchcan, Vortech V7 Ysi Supercharger, LSX B-15 engine, custom spec cam, and other stuff.
1LeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:34 AM   #44
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
TPA is a piece of US legislation. The TPP (Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement) is the international trade agreement that is about to get underway. Raising the de minimus is something that I believe would have to be done by your Parliament.
You speak of the deminus amount, rule of thump at the land crossing is they will usally let you skate for $200 or less on a same day trip, but that's probably cause they can't handle the volume if they sent everybody into pay the tax on $20+ items. Sometimes I even skated for $400 or &500, officer was probably a car guy.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:38 AM   #45
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
You speak of the deminus amount, rule of thump at the land crossing is they will usally let you skate for $200 or less on a same day trip, but that's probably cause they can't handle the volume if they sent everybody into pay the tax on $20+ items. Sometimes I even skated for $400 or &500, officer was probably a car guy.

Driving across the border is a very small piece of the pie and a luxury many do not have. If the laws were changed it would be an unnecessary exercise all together.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:23 PM   #46
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Driving across the border is a very small piece of the pie and a luxury many do not have. If the laws were changed it would be an unnecessary exercise all together.
I understand that I was just pointing out that un-officially the deminus is $200 and the same should apply to packages that cross the border by mail.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:11 PM   #47
Blownfogger540

Drives: 2013 ZL1 416
Quote:
I understand that I was just pointing out that un-officially the deminus is $200 and the same should apply to packages that cross the border by mail.

I bring back parts from Blaine Wa most every week and once in a wile they will let me go through $680 usd its all up to the guard you get some stick it to me at $150

UPS sucks Di#& over $20 cnd value there is a $21 brokerage fee
they jump their fee's up based on value and add tax
Blownfogger540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:54 PM   #48
1LeSS

Quote:

Exactly and that's the whole purpose of the email to our legislative leader. We really need more people sending that email to him. Any group or forum, you may copy that info to get Canadians to start sending it. So important!
BC Racing coil-overs, 32ml rear sway bar, Solid cradle bushing kit, Steel jacket radius rod bushes, JPSS caster bolt, Bo White TB, Granitelli HP coils, Apex Catchcan, Vortech V7 Ysi Supercharger, LSX B-15 engine, custom spec cam, and other stuff.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:12 PM   #49
Vipercar

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT/RS
Thank you Trackman for your efforts and the form letter. I just sent a copy to the minister. Like everyone is saying we all have to get on board.
Vipercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:54 AM   #50
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipercar View Post
Thank you Trackman for your efforts and the form letter. I just sent a copy to the minister. Like everyone is saying we all have to get on board.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:20 AM   #51
Apex Motorsports

Just wanted to give you guys an update. My trip to DC was last week and I was able to meet with numerous House and Senate members as well as the Postmaster General and the Secretary and Under Secretary of the US Commerce Department. I raised the TPA and our concerns about the Canadian De Minimus. All agreed that it is something that needs to be addressed and pressure is being applied from our side of the border. I think that this is something that they will be forced to address as trade negotiations go forward but it is important for you guys to make sure that your government knows it is important to Canadians.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:38 PM   #52
1LeSS

More letters need to go out. Please copy and paste the letter as noted. Fairness for all, heck what a concept.

Can we get a copy of this moved over to the SS group also. Anyone registered on a mustang forum. It all adds up.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:54 AM   #53
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Just wanted to give you guys an update. My trip to DC was last week and I was able to meet with numerous House and Senate members as well as the Postmaster General and the Secretary and Under Secretary of the US Commerce Department. I raised the TPA and our concerns about the Canadian De Minimus. All agreed that it is something that needs to be addressed and pressure is being applied from our side of the border. I think that this is something that they will be forced to address as trade negotiations go forward but it is important for you guys to make sure that your government knows it is important to Canadians.
I know were not suppose to talk politic's on this site, but I can assure you our current government don't care about that right now.......................there to busy thinking about trying to get re-elected next fall. Lord help the blue collar middle class worker and those trying to join that group if they get another majority

Old 04-28-2015, 09:04 AM   #54
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
I know were not suppose to talk politic's on this site, but I can assure you our current government don't care about that right now.......................there to busy thinking about trying to get re-elected next fall. Lord help the blue collar middle class worker and those trying to join that group if they get another majority

Canada is taking part in theTrans Pacific Partnership (TPP) treaty negotiations right now so election or not trade issues are high on the list or priorities. Use the election as leverage. You are a voter, they need you.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:27 AM   #55
Vipercar

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT/RS
I already wrote to the minister in charge and received a form letter back. We need lots of people to write in for them to take notice.
Vipercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:16 AM   #56
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipercar View Post
I already wrote to the minister in charge and received a form letter back. We need lots of people to write in for them to take notice.