Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 03-22-2012, 06:09 AM   #351
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Count me in as well... at this point. Its about 5 hours but my parents live up there so... I just need to get the wife and kid on board. Should be easy, grandma wants to see her grandbaby.

Now I need to decide who I want to play for! Bowtie or Blue Oval

I'll try to get my dad to drive his supercharged 2007 GT. If he doesn't and grandma wants to babysit, I can have my wife drive the Camaro and I will drive the Mustang.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:20 AM   #352
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
I must say I am really liking where this thread is going. Camaro's. Mustangs. Trash talk and car guy comraderie all in one...
You did good!

This is a fun thread. Maybe it needs a disclosure.

WARNING: This thread contains car talk. Said talk my not always support the Camaro as the number one vehicle on the roads. It is just general talk by folks who ACTUALLY own the cars and enjoy a little back and forth. If you butthurt easily, there are plenty other areas in this forum that will better suit you needs. Might I suggest the ZL1 area where any mere mention of Ord-Fay Ustang-May will get the thread locked. There is also a plethora of lighting and cosmetic mods it the "mods" section that will not be discussed here. This area is reserved for real people with real cars.

Concerning ZL1s, '13 GT500s. When either of those cars ACTUALLY hit the road, we KNOW who is top dog. Until then, feel free to trash talk either vehicle. At this point, all information is rumor.

SURGEON GENERALS WARNING: SMOKING TIRE IS DETRIMENTIAL TO JAMIE MACS REPUTATION IN HIS SUBDIVISION. IT HAS BEEN PROVEN THAT SMOKING TIRE CAUSE JAMIE TO GET BLAMED BY THE LOCALS.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:30 AM   #353
cam99

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
You did good!

WARNING: This thread contains car talk. Said talk my not always support the Camaro as the number one vehicle on the roads. It is just general talk by folks who ACTUALLY own the cars and enjoy a little back and forth. If you butthurt easily, there are plenty other areas in this forum that will better suit you needs. Might I suggest the ZL1 area where any mere mention of Ord-Fay Ustang-May will get the thread locked. There is also a plethora of lighting and cosmetic mods it the "mods" section that will not be discussed here. This area is reserved for real people with real cars.

Concerning ZL1s, '13 GT500s. When either of those cars ACTUALLY hit the road, we KNOW who is top dog. Until then, feel free to trash talk either vehicle. At this point, all information is rumor.

SURGEON GENERALS WARNING: SMOKING TIRE IS DETRIMENTIAL TO JAMIE MACS REPUTATION IN HIS SUBDIVISION. IT HAS BEEN PROVEN THAT SMOKING TIRE CAUSE JAMIE TO GET BLAMED BY THE LOCALS.
Quoted for troof It's nice to have a thread where you can not worry about being perfectly politically correct and just have some fun, hopefully at someone elses expense. The Mustangs are still butt ugly, and the Challengers are still slow. That is all.

2012 ZL1 (sold)
JRE 75rwhp kit
catless
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
on hoosier drs and skinnies
@ PRP with 1100DA
cam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:36 AM   #354
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam99 View Post
Quoted for troof It's nice to have a thread where you can not worry about being perfectly politically correct and just have some fun, hopefully at someone elses expense. The Mustangs are still butt ugly, and the Challengers are still slow. That is all.
I am not going to lie... the Mustangs are growing on me and the Challenger is BY FAR the best driving one of the bunch. It may not be the fastest but its the most compfortable and best apppointed inside. I think the added cost and weight are what make it so... plush.

As far as speed and perfromance, the only one I ever drove was a 5.7L hemi R/T auto so I agree, it wasnt too peppy but it was very nice to just cruise in.

I have no experience with a new (10+) mustang. My dads is an 07 and it rattles pretty bad BUT its got a lot of suspension mods so thats to be expected. I hear Ford really made some improvements with the new ones.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:09 AM   #355
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Thou shalt not smoke tire in Jamie Mac's neighborhood and leave him to face the angry mob with pitch forks and torches.
I shall respect thy wishes, old, wise master. :emoticon7:

Now where does Kilo-9 live?
Old 03-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #356
cam99

Quote:
I am not going to lie... the Mustangs are growing on me and the Challenger is BY FAR the best driving one of the bunch. It may not be the fastest but its the most compfortable and best apppointed inside. I think the added cost and weight are what make it so... plush.

As far as speed and perfromance, the only one I ever drove was a 5.7L hemi R/T auto so I agree, it wasnt too peppy but it was very nice to just cruise in.

I have no experience with a new (10+) mustang. My dads is an 07 and it rattles pretty bad BUT its got a lot of suspension mods so thats to be expected. I hear Ford really made some improvements with the new ones.
The newest Mustang I've had was the 08 GT500. Just never could love the car. Didn't like how it drove, wasn't overly impressed with the styling, always felt fat. I bought it sight unseen because it seemed like a natural upgrade from the 03-04 Cobra's, however it wasn't for me. I'm a huge mopar fan and had LOTs of old mopar muscle and was so excited when they brought the challenger back. Held off when the 08's were all auto's, but ordered a six speed 09. Canceled that order before it came in after I drove one the dealer got in. Just to slow and the difficulty modifying those cars was to much. I've tried to buy one a couple times since, but just can't get past the performance. Maybe the 392 will make me reconsider. That being said I like all performance cars and can respect people who drive them, but talking trash is more fun

2012 ZL1 (sold)
JRE 75rwhp kit
catless
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
@ PRP with 1100DA
Old 03-22-2012, 07:22 AM   #357
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam99 View Post
The newest Mustang I've had was the 08 GT500. Just never could love the car. Didn't like how it drove, wasn't overly impressed with the styling, always felt fat. I bought it sight unseen because it seemed like a natural upgrade from the 03-04 Cobra's, however it wasn't for me. I'm a huge mopar fan and had LOTs of old mopar muscle and was so excited when they brought the challenger back. Held off when the 08's were all auto's, but ordered a six speed 09. Canceled that order before it came in after I drove one the dealer got in. Just to slow and the difficulty modifying those cars was to much. I've tried to buy one a couple times since, but just can't get past the performance. Maybe the 392 will make me reconsider. That being said I like all performance cars and can respect people who drive them, but talking trash is more fun
What sucks about the Challenger is the ECU is locked down. Makes tuning virtually impossible. to Chrysler LLC or whomever it is today... for that one.

The 392 I am sure packs a nice punch in stock form but come on... we need to be able to tune. Not everyone whats a stock car.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:50 AM   #358
cam99

Quote:
What sucks about the Challenger is the ECU is locked down. Makes tuning virtually impossible. to Chrysler LLC or whomever it is today... for that one.

The 392 I am sure packs a nice punch in stock form but come on... we need to be able to tune. Not everyone whats a stock car.
Thats it exactly. If I have a car I can't mess with I will get bored with it extremely fast.

2012 ZL1 (sold)
JRE 75rwhp kit
catless
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
@ PRP with 1100DA
Old 03-22-2012, 07:53 AM   #359
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
Quote:
You did good!

Quote:

I work with a bunch of car guys, but 3 in particular have modern muscle (another had an '06 GTO that was heavily modded, but he sold it). They are on the minor to stock end of the mod scale... 2011 SRT8 Challenger (stock), 2011 Camaro SS (stock), 2011 Mustang GT (CAI, axle back, grille, front spoiler). I haven't driven the Mustang or Challenger yet, but I'm itching to. Another guy just bought a 2012 Grand Sport this week also.

It is nice to talk cars in general and give credit where it is due. I have to give Mr. 2011 GT some credit, I lost in the 1/4mile to him last year. Needless to say it's been a long winter waiting for revenge! In my defense it was the first time at the strip in mine (and his too). I can continue with excuses, but it won't work with this group!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:01 AM   #360
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Excuses are like SSholes. Everyone has one...
Old 03-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #361
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
I approve of burning tire in front of Kilo's house.
1. State road
2. Everyone knows an officer of the law would never do a burn out so nobody would ever accuse him
We should all just line up... one after another.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #362
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
You guys are killing me! Lmao!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #363
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
And jammies rule!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #364
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Drives: Camaros
Wow, this thread is banging this morning.

Oh, and Challengers are for old guys.

And the reason my car is essentially stock (just free mods, lid, and ported TB) is because I've got a CPA for a wife who tracks every penny -- and I've only had it 7 weeks. Is that a viable excuse? I figure the first part of the excuse is most plausible.
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote