Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-13-2011, 01:51 PM   #85
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post

You can name it the "supercharged Hello Kitty edition" if you want I don't care ... just bring the horses!
RIGHT?! Just don't call it a Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

oh man.........my sides hurt from that round of laughter!

Rumors stop?

When Donkeys fly!!!!!

(.......and Mustangs become real cars........)

(.....sorry - couldn't help myself with that last part......I'll go stand in the corner now.......
Shame on you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Limits View Post
I agree. I really don't see them stamping new panels for what would amount to a short run car (by short I mean total number of units sold as compared to the base models).
I'm thinking maybe it's a typo', but again, I'm not going to complain! If I could fit 335s under my 4th Gen, maybe GM can work it out here I remember at least one member who only runs 335s on the track though, so I suppose it's possible. I'm very eager to learn more. I just hope we dont' see something like the little quarter flares, like on Grand Sports. I don't think the tires can physically stick out of the openings, as another member posted, because then the tire would hit the quarter, no?... Besides - none of the videos shared here really seem to show a 335 tire to me

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #86
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9c1ny View Post
Production dosent begin for another year!
what is the delay?????
They have the body, they have the engine, just assemble it!!
Seems like GMs late to the party on this one, sure a base 5.0 GT will be able to best the Z28 with a drop in K&N filter by then and be a full $20k less.................

As I just mentioned in another post - everything --- every little detail - is scrutinized by the team......in all my years, I've never seen such passion (other than perhaps the Corvette team) for the product. We are custodians of the brand and we take this responsibility very seriously.

I see the minute details that Al and the Engineering group work thru -- taking as much time as necessary - so that the car will be right and that it will be something you can be immeasurably proud of.

Many years ago - all manufacturers 'just assembled it' - and the result wasn't acceptable.

This is a thread that is going to be very visible - and so I say to you that no matter what the car is called -- some will love the name - others will not. I'm just hopeful that once the car hits the streets, people will come together over whatever nameplate is used - and know that the Camaro Team put their everything into this great automobile.

One last thing: We are in the 21st century. CAFE for 2016 is 35.5mpg for the fleet - that includes Suburbans and Impalas and Silverados -- and the Administration in Washington is talking about raising CAFE to greater than 50mpg by 2021........

..........so anyone thinking that there will be a high performance V8 for a very inexpensive price - is going to be disappointed.

That said: The Camaro is still a Chevrolet -meaning that it will give more value than expected.

Let the discussion continue!

Last edited by fbodfather; 01-13-2011 at 02:29 PM.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #87
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Does this "moderately revised" interior reflect the big redesign that was discussed awhile ago?

mmmmmmm....I'd posted a while back that anyone thinking that they'll see a new interior would be disappointed - and to please not expect that.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #88
gpxjr

Drives: White hotPontiac G8GT
As glad as I am that the Z/28 is returning and finally has a production date, can someone ask BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet about the much-rumored "Chevy G8....aka...Chevy SS sedan" and when it's due at chevy dealerships.
gpxjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #89
nick at night

Drives: 2003 silverado
Quote:
As I just mentioned in another post - everything the team does is scrutinized......in all my years, I've never seen such passion (other than perhaps the Corvette team) for the product. We are custodians of the brand and we take this responsibility very seriously.

I see the minute details that Al and the Engineering group work thru -- taking as much time as necessary - so that the car will be right and that it will be something you can be immeasurably proud of.

Many years ago - all manufacturers 'just assembled it' - and the result wasn't acceptable.

This is a thread that is going to be very visible - and so I say to you that no matter what the car is called -- some will love it - others will not. I'm just hopeful that once the car hits the streets, people will come together over whatever nameplate is used - and know that the Camaro Team put their everything into this great automobile.

One last thing: We are in the 21st century. CAFE for 2016 is 35.5mpg for the fleet - that includes Suburbans and Impalas and Silverados -- and the Administration in Washington is talking about raising CAFE to greater than 50mpg by 2021........

..........so anyone thinking that there will be a high performance V8 for a very inexpensive price - is going to be disappointed.

That said: The Camaro is still a Chevrolet -meaning that it will give more value than expected.

nick at night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #90
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Awesome!!!!
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #91
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Does this "moderately revised" interior reflect the big redesign that was discussed awhile ago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
Its not a Z, its a Berlinetta

As i have said before...i think its success will have a great deal to do with its price tag. I want one, but wont sacrifice my 67 to get it. I have been driving Chevys since 1983 and would love to continue if price and value are there.
I hope not. I LOVE this interior! Whatever comes of the update - I hope it only improves on it and isn't cookie cutter, like many others out there. I hope it's as striking as the exterior of the car, because I think it is striking as it is now.

JMVHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
In the short term true, they will have to up their game, and then GM in turn will up their game again, so goes the competition so we still all win (as consumers) I'm just glad GM is always in the lead hahaa. (IMHO of course)
I just hope it's far enough that the pony doesn't catch right up the next year. I hope the dominance has staying power.

Quote:
As I just mentioned in another post - everything the team does is scrutinized......in all my years, I've never seen such passion (other than perhaps the Corvette team) for the product. We are custodians of the brand and we take this responsibility very seriously.

This is a thread that is going to be very visible - and so I say to you that no matter what the car is called -- some will love it - others will not. I'm just hopeful that once the car hits the streets, people will come together over whatever nameplate is used - and know that the Camaro Team put their everything into this great automobile.

I know I'm going to be the proudest driver in my area when I get mine! Those details show, IMO. When I read articles that complain about vision being blocked, or that rubbish, I think that I don't see another car on the road with as much character as CAMARO. I see a car that is moving forward, and doesn't have it's rear tires stuck in the mud, 10 years earlier. IRS, super-solid body, efficient powertrains, and the lot show the dedication put into this car, and to think the passion is still there and that CAMARO is only going to get even better makes me even more excited!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #92
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Will we see one "in the flesh" @ OCC in Oshawa in June?
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #93
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Not teasing.

And you are correct about Shunt!

The quickest way to get a fist fight going within the Camaro community is to bring up names - and which names mean what........

We take every element concerning the Camaro very seriously.
I understand that every aspect of the Camaro will be scrutinized very carefully by Team Camaro and GM. The Camaro is helping GM with their image and profitability. Every name change will be discussed at length for months. "Z28" is a very revered name not only among Chevy enthusiasts but also among car guys & gals everywhere, no matter what they drive. No matter what the final nameplate on the side of the car says, Z28 or Bat out of Hell, the car has a parking spot reserved for it in my garage, right next to the Vette. I hope they stay with the name Z28, I feel the car will be worthy to wear this very revered nameplate.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #94
SS35th

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorlius View Post
Is this something that can be over ridden via a programmer of some sort?
SS35th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #95
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
I wonder if a new Chevelle will ever be offered by Chevrolet? TO compete with the Dodge Charger perhaps? Anyway back to the topic at hand I can't wait for the new Z/28 to be released! I am not sure I just want a model that beats the GT500 Shelby & a model that beats the BOSS 302! Call them whatever as long as one is at least called a Z/28!
Blue Maro Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:07 PM   #96
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Magnetic Ride Control FTW!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #97
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
mmmmmmm....I'd posted a while back that anyone thinking that they'll see a new interior would be disappointed - and to please not expect that.
Oh really!? I must have missed that post. Hmm i've been putting off possibly trading in for an SS to see what the 2012 was like but if we aren't talking radical difference I may not wait afterall!

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #98
Beyond Limits
Pushin a rock...

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
As I just mentioned in another post - everything --- every little detail - is scrutinized by the team......in all my years, I've never seen such passion (other than perhaps the Corvette team) for the product. We are custodians of the brand and we take this responsibility very seriously.

Well for what it's worth all of the scrutiny has certainly paid off. One could easily argue that the 5th gen is one of, if not the nicest vehicle GM has ever manufactured, if not the nicest overall vehicle package available today.

Oh, and Cafe was much better when it referred to a small mom and pop restaurant rather than an irrational tree hugging misplaced ideal comprised of pixie sticks and fairy dust...
Beyond Limits is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 camaro hp edition, 2012 camaro hp model, 2012 camaro z28, 2012 chevy camaro z28, 2012 z28, 2013 camaro hp edition, 2013 camaro hp model, 2013 z28, camaro hp edition, camaro hp edition model, camaro hp model, camaro z28, camaro z28 hp, camaro z28 hp edition, chevy camaro hp edition, cobra killer, hp edition model, new camaro z28, new z28, sexy beast coming soon, z28 forum, z28 forums