Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-02-2012, 05:58 AM   #43
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaros To The Max View Post
My 3.6 already beats any 5.0. Its a Camaro and will always beat the Mustang in looks. The guy that did the art work always puts his on little signature twist on his work. The NO 5.0 sign was his little twist. I thought it was cool.

Depending one which 5.0 our V6 will hold its own in the 1/4. For sure it beats the 5.0's in the looks department......

Quote:
Its a 2LT, just looked kind of plain with nothing there so I added them. When the car is done it will have everything a RS does except roof moldings. Oracle orange Halos and foglights going in next week.

I know someone who removed these and had them painted body color, to represent the RS package.

Quote:
right you are. But if it makes me happy thats all that matters.

.....so true........I think that is the best under hood art work I have seen to date on a Camaro. ......
Old 01-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #44
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
The halos may say RS, but the VIN will never agree...
True......but who reads VINs other than a potential buyer down the road? The VIN will still say it is an LT and an LT is set up for the RS package if added at a later date from purchase.
It is a mass produced car and a V6 RS Camaro is the majority of the V6s, ya a future buyer might take notice of the VIN lacking the RS notation but if they are THAT concerned then they will be smart enough to notice that the car has all the RS goodies anyways.
Besides that every time I have sold a car the buyer was only concerned normally with what is in the car, they don't care if I bought it with a certain package that was offered at the time of purchase, they just want to know what all I have in it, I know this because I have an 04 Monte Carlo SS supercharger and it is a Dale Jr Signature series. I have had it priced many times and the signature series (even though it is reflected on the VIN) doesn't , make a difference at all when it comes to price, the potential buyer is basically glad to hear that it has a supercharger and all the bells and whistles, they dont care if it is a signature series.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #45
Camaros To The Max
AKA...Grim Reaper

Drives: 2010 2 LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by scythezo6 View Post
That is badass!!! I love the reaper!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoMBiE_KMF View Post
Thats some cool artwork.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterv6 View Post
I like that I am a fan of the reaper. Wish I had someone to do this like my bike on my car.

--
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Looks cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHouseIII View Post
Now that is sweet!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Depending one which 5.0 our V6 will hold its own in the 1/4. For sure it beats the 5.0's in the looks department......

I know someone who removed these and had them painted body color, to represent the RS package.

.....so true........I think that is the best under hood art work I have seen to date on a Camaro. ......
Thanks to all of you for your comments. They are much appreciated!!
Camaros To The Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #46
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe View Post
True......but who reads VINs other than a potential buyer down the road? The VIN will still say it is an LT and an LT is set up for the RS package if added at a later date from purchase.
It is a mass produced car and a V6 RS Camaro is the majority of the V6s, ya a future buyer might take notice of the VIN lacking the RS notation but if they are THAT concerned then they will be smart enough to notice that the car has all the RS goodies anyways.
Besides that every time I have sold a car the buyer was only concerned normally with what is in the car, they don't care if I bought it with a certain package that was offered at the time of purchase, they just want to know what all I have in it, I know this because I have an 04 Monte Carlo SS supercharger and it is a Dale Jr Signature series. I have had it priced many times and the signature series (even though it is reflected on the VIN) doesn't , make a difference at all when it comes to price, the potential buyer is basically glad to hear that it has a supercharger and all the bells and whistles, they dont care if it is a signature series.
So if you were to buy a car, going into the sale you believed it was a particular trim level. Then, through research you realize that it isn't. Are you still going to buy the vehicle, or move on to a seller with more integrity?

I don't believe in badging cars incorrectly, that's all. Seems pretentious.

If I were to drop an LSA in my SS and change up some fascia, could I slap some ZL1 badges on the thing and call it even?

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #47
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
So if you were to buy a car, going into the sale you believed it was a particular trim level. Then, through research you realize that it isn't. Are you still going to buy the vehicle, or move on to a seller with more integrity?

If I were to drop an LSA in my SS and change up some fascia, could I slap some ZL1 badges on the thing and call it even?

To each their own, it is their car and their business.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #48
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
To each their own, it is their car and their business.
Til it's up on an internet forum.

A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 01-03-2012, 01:56 AM   #49
Muscle SS
All blackkk

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe View Post
I have to disagree, with just about everything you say. Buyers know that a factory or even dealership installed supercharger is more reliable and more valuable. And true gear heads read the VIN and will know this guy is kidding himself
Old 01-03-2012, 08:37 AM   #50
chevyfan#1
I Love my new Camaro!!

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro SS
Awesome!!
chevyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #51
Demon Hunter

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LT
Nice!
Old 01-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #52
Camaros To The Max
AKA...Grim Reaper

Quote:

Geese, its not like I put SS all over it. If you don't like it then don't look at it. I posted this to show my art work, anything other than that needs to be left out. I rarely come here to Camaro5 for this exact reason....someone always looking to start crap with someone else about crap they do. Post some pics of yours...and since we are at it I will find some shit to knock yours for. Seems to be rather easy for you. Bottom line.....If you don't like then don't look at it. and move on.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #53
Camaros To The Max
AKA...Grim Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfan#1 View Post
Awesome!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
Nice!
Thanks guys I really appreciate it!!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #54
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Geese, its not like I put SS all over it. If you don't like it then don't look at it. I posted this to show my art work, anything other than that needs to be left out. I rarely come here to Camaro5 for this exact reason....someone always looking to start crap with someone else about crap they do. Post some pics of yours...and since we are at it I will find some shit to knock yours for. Seems to be rather easy for you. Bottom line.....If you don't like then don't look at it. and move on.
I just made an observation. You guys turned it into a disussion. As long as it makes you happy, doesn't matter what people say about it right?

If you still want pics let me know.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #55
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
You have to watch out over here Scott...lol...they're a little touchy about that RS thing. I actually had the whole RS package dealer installed...and to not offend I removed the badges...but I still got barbecued the first time I posted a picture because I said I had the RS package. On the bright side...at least no one called you a criminal.
But your under hood work does look pretty awesome! Good job!