Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-06-2011, 07:44 AM   #15
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I've been waiting for someone to come out with chrome handles for the Camaro.
GM makes a door handle accy kit for the Chev Aveo, but my dealers parts dept says they will not fit the Camaro.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:49 AM   #16
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
I agree, chrome is cool.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:14 AM   #17
Redline2k5

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue on the way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicdogg View Post
driving a honda and being a member of a a muscle car forum is no good
Dude don't discourage people from switching! LOL
On order:
2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue
Redline2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:14 AM   #18
nomadicdogg

Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
I've been waiting for someone to come out with chrome handles for the Camaro.
GM makes a door handle accy kit for the Chev Aveo, but my dealers parts dept says they will not fit the Camaro.
The buick regal handle is identical on the outside. but my dealer says something is different with the mechinism.... So I said, cant you leave the inside stuff alone and just put the chrome on??
no go so far. This car needs a chrome handle. I mean really, the aveo gets a chrome handle but the camaro doesent? maybe they will offer it with the z/28 package or something
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:17 AM   #19
nomadicdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline2k5 View Post
Dude don't discourage people from switching! LOL
Some converts are never a good idea.
thinking anyone with a super gerbil ripping on real muscle would fit into that category.
Maybe its not too late.... maybe there are plans for an LS3 to let that gerbil have a break
Old 02-06-2011, 08:18 AM   #20
nomadicdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
I agree, chrome is cool.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #21
rhd
dirtbag

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
i would hit the junkyard and just buy one and see if you can get the chrome off or swap out the handels.....as far as the stick on ones, i think they look like crap and not just on camaros but the g8 handesl would look cool
www.lonestarcamaro.com
rhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #22
HondaPowered

Drives: '09 Honda Civic LX
Quote:
driving a honda and being a member of a a muscle car forum is no good
Oh wow, you are a funny guy. You want to know why I have a honda and not a camaro? Because I cannot afford one. My parents paid for my honda while I attend UT knoxville.

It's funny that there are people like you, who cannot understand why someone would like a certain car, no matter what they drive. Or you are just an @$$.

Quote:
Some converts are never a good idea.
thinking anyone with a super gerbil ripping on real muscle would fit into that category.
Maybe its not too late.... maybe there are plans for an LS3 to let that gerbil have a break
You know I wouldn't be surprised if you are one of those V6 camaro bashers too huh?

I was just giving you my opinion, and you point me out for it. If you want to make your camaro ricey, or "gangster" go for it. To be honest chrome was ok on the older chevy's, but nowadays it is ugly. Do you ever wonder why Autozone has 100's of chrome stickers at their store?

Edit: please buy them. you will be the coolest guy on the block. while your at it get the chrome gills too. maybe some chrome pillars as well.

Edit to the Edit:http://www.retrousa.net/products/camaro-products
No door handles, but more chrome just for you :-)

Dream camaro is either a 1/2SS with RS, black with red stripes, or red with white stripes.

No rice with my order.

Last edited by HondaPowered; 02-06-2011 at 04:12 PM.
HondaPowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #23
nomadicdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaPowered View Post
Oh wow, you are a funny guy. You want to know why I have a honda and not a camaro? Because I cannot afford one. My parents paid for my honda while I attend UT knoxville.

It's funny that there are people like you, who cannot understand why someone would like a certain car, no matter what they drive. Or you are just an @$$.

You know I wouldn't be surprised if you are one of those V6 camaro bashers too huh?

I was just giving you my opinion, and you point me out for it. If you want to make your camaro ricey, or "gangster" go for it. To be honest chrome was ok on the older chevy's, but nowadays it is ugly. Do you ever wonder why Autozone has 100's of chrome stickers at their store?

Edit: please buy them. you will be the coolest guy on the block. while your at it get the chrome gills too. maybe some chrome pillars as well.
first off, your the one that came on to this thread and bashed me for liking chrome. But hey whats that chrome UT plate on the front of your car. You better take it off since your so anti chrome.

second, your parents bought your car? I bought my first car at 14 and each one since and paid with my own money earned by my own work at my job. Do you even work or just sponge?

Third a chrome door handle does not make a car as you say "gangster" and surely you dont think a chrome handle is in the same catagory as a chrome sticker from autozone, if you do, your more ignorant on what owning a muscle car is to begin with.

fourth, I respect all cars, and love my car. I can appreciate some of the things people do to other cars. But those who I appreciate dont bash others because they like chrome. respect is a 2 way street around here.

and finally. I dont mind those with V6 camaros. To some it makes more sense. I prefer a V8 but thats just me. I wouldnt bash someone for driving a V6 because thats what they wanted.

you speak of older chevy's.... what do you know of older chevy's? I mean really? from what youve seen in pics maybe?
and as for pointing you out. Probably wouldnt of if you actually had the car this thread was about.
many other camaro owners have many different things on their cars that make them unique. We like that. its a good thing. we all just say hey, that might not be for me, but if you like it go for it. Seems those who dont even own any form of the car we have that say its gangster or trashy tend to piss us owners off.
Now heres my opinion....
go get a job, Your at UT, drive about 40 miles southeast to sevierville or pigeon forge and get a job, earn your way and go buy the car you want.
then you can chrome it, or un chrome it or anything you want.
we all want things in life, we need to earn them to get them. No one likes a handout.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #24
nomadicdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhd View Post
i would hit the junkyard and just buy one and see if you can get the chrome off or swap out the handels.....as far as the stick on ones, i think they look like crap and not just on camaros but the g8 handesl would look cool
I havent seen any of the stick ons actually on a car yet. Ive talked to a guy who put his on and said they were ok, just about 1/8th of an inch from the body so you could tell it was a stick on... That made me not want them, but tired of waiting for GM to make one.
The G8 handle with the chrome and body color is pretty sharp. I even like the new handles on the chevy cruze. they have the body color with a chrome front. anything like that would look good IMO
Old 02-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #25
nomadicdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaPowered View Post

Edit to the Edit:http://www.retrousa.net/products/camaro-products
No door handles, but more chrome just for you :-)
btw, retro usa's stuff is not for me, but hey.... way to insult everyone who does like their stuff.
you sure your not just bitter that daddys honda doesent have any aftermarket suppliers to make the gerbil run faster or look better? maybe you could get the chipmunks theme song to play for it and make it mad so it runs faster
Old 02-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #26
mbrusco103

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS (M6) 427 Twin Turbo
I wouldn't do this on any color other than CGM and maybe black

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS ERL 427 M6 TT
-AGP Twin Turbo 55/57 .83ar | ERL 427ci | Squash Fuel System | Stainless Works Chambered 3" | Mcleod RXT | Factory Hurst Short Throw | Black Forgestar F14s | CTS V 6 Piston Brembo | VIS AMS Carbon Fiber Hood | Anvil Carbon Fiber Spoiler
mbrusco103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:15 PM   #27
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Putco has some but they are not available for sale yet.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:37 AM   #28
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
"Decent" and "stick-on door handle" just can't ever go together in my mind. Do it real or don't do it.