Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-19-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
A nite of mayem.

So last night I decided to take matters into my own hands and shoot some vids of my set up from the outside. My friend that said he would help me became deathly ill for several weeks is just now coming around and I think it's gonna be a while. I used the flimsy excuse of going to the store for milk last night at 11:30. I ended up at the Home Depot and set up there. There was a big rig parked in the parking lot idling but with curtains drawn. Taking a nap....not for long. I actually realized this more fully after my first run:

Knowing how loud my car is I thought it best to set up shop elsewhere. I set up shop behind the Target which is on the other side of Ross which separates Target and Home Depot. See if you can tell when I see the police officer:

Short clip of officer asking what's going on shoulda left the camera running. Would have been priceless.

Turns out the complaint came in for a Camaro engaged in C & I careless and imprudent. Cop told me to relax and that he was a Camaro nut. He asked if he could look at the interior and I said sure. He loved the CAI and headers showed him the J-Pipes on the back of the exhaust. He's restoring an 81 T-Top Berlinetta. Yanked the 2.8 V6 out and installed a 350 crate motor with 4 bolt main and 4 speed auto vs a 3 speed indicative of that vintage. Had pics of it on his phone. Looks pretty good. He's a total gearhead we talked a good hour (small town-I was prolly his craziest call all night) We're gonna try and hook up next week. He wants to drive it. We'll see what happens. LOL.

I finally did go to Walmart and get the milk and some steel wool to polish my exhaust tips. They sure get black fast with the LT's. Anyway one more vid there's a long pause after the initial take off.

IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
coolman

I think you mean mayhem ,and I bet this won't be here for long.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #3
ronvenna21

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Awesome sounding car! What are all your mods?
ronvenna21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #4
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Sounding good. Love the deep rumble.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I think you mean mayhem ,and I bet this won't be here for long.
Oh snap ur right. OTOH, nothing really happened so it prolly only was mayem. It's mainly here to illustrate what my particular mods/bolt ons sound like from the outside. So we'll c.

To the person who asked about mods. CAI Inc intake, Stainless Works LT headers. Random Tech HFC's SOLO Mach X LLT and glad u like.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:52 PM   #6
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Lol....I love it....using the excuse "honey!!...gotta go. For..ummm....MILK!!" hehe. And then takin the Camaro out for some fun!

Sounds damn good and it just really sucks that I ended up not getting to hear your car in person last week.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:55 PM   #7
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Oh, and I don't know why, but I didn't have a Stainless Works LT header section in the exhaust sticky...so now I do!
Old 07-19-2011, 10:56 PM   #8
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Oh, and I don't know why, but I didn't have a Stainless Works LT header section in the exhaust sticky...so now I do!

Nice one more nugget
Old 07-19-2011, 11:19 PM   #9
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
haha thats a funny story
Anyone else think that 1:10 in the last vid sounds like a Nascar?!
Sounds badass man, love hearing new setups with the SOLOs
Got to love that VR sound ontop of it
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:12 AM   #10
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
haha thats a funny story
Anyone else think that 1:10 in the last vid sounds like a Nascar?!
Sounds badass man, love hearing new setups with the SOLOs
Got to love that VR sound ontop of it
Yeah I guess it does sound a little NASCAR. Is that what the VR sounds like? That's just my "bottom feeder" CAI Inc Intake LOL. I'm pretty happy with the CAI overall. You can definitely get a good idea of what the intake sounds like when the car is coming towards the camera. I've never heard it until the above vids. And then of course my friend drove my car tonight and I got to hear it live as he came towards me at WOT. Sounds the same as on the vid if you're wearing even a decent set of headphones.

It's been triple digit heat for goin on 2 weeks now and I crank up the AC and cruise with my windows down just to hear my exhaust. Does anybody else do this? The sound the exhaust makes during decell after WOT is like a drug that I can't get enough of. Winter is going to be rough.

If I'm honest I don't like the sound at around 2900 RPM under load. Too blatty. Thankfully, it's just for a very brief moment if you're accelerating. I attribute it to the long tubes or the Random Tech HFC's. They are metal matrix (ceramic) vs SOLO's stainless steel HFC's. I wonder if SOLO's HFC's would cure it? That is my only nit about my set up. I think it sounds very good and rumbly at idle and low revs below 2000 rpm and I bet it would sound awesome with the ghost cam. From 2000- 2700 it's decent 2800 -2900, and simply sounds awesome from 3000 RPM to redline.

SOLO's J-pipes's definitely work. I have no drone. My system has had a few thousand miles of seasoning so I'll be playing with those Jpipes now to see what they do to certain frequencies.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:39 AM   #11
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
That sounds GREAT. Thanks for posting these up for us all to enjoy.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #12
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Oops, for some reason I thought you had the VR still can hear your CAI which is a sound I absolutely love. But yes at 1:10 your car sounds like a nascar (key word is 'like' for all the haters lol)
I love your set up man, Ive been wanting to hear longtubes with the SOLOs.
As for the sound of the VR, people who have switched from the longube Injen have said it was louder then the Injen which we were told was the loudest during the Janetty Test.
Anyways great vids man!
PS ive replayed the 1:10 mark several times already, just love listening to that
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:18 PM   #13
baup5f

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Coupe
sounds good sixjak, if you're ever in the columbia area give me a shoot. i would love to see your car. me, you, and kmp could go tear up the streets lol
Old 07-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #14
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
So last night I decided to take matters into my own hands and shoot some vids of my set up from the outside. My friend that said he would help me became deathly ill for several weeks is just now coming around and I think it's gonna be a while. I used the flimsy excuse of going to the store for milk last night at 11:30. I ended up at the Home Depot and set up there. There was a big rig parked in the parking lot idling but with curtains drawn. Taking a nap....not for long. I actually realized this more fully after my first run:

Knowing how loud my car is I thought it best to set up shop elsewhere. I set up shop behind the Target which is on the other side of Ross which separates Target and Home Depot. See if you can tell when I see the police officer:

Short clip of officer asking what's going on shoulda left the camera running. Would have been priceless.

Turns out the complaint came in for a Camaro engaged in C & I careless and imprudent. Cop told me to relax and that he was a Camaro nut. He asked if he could look at the interior and I said sure. He loved the CAI and headers showed him the J-Pipes on the back of the exhaust. He's restoring an 81 T-Top Berlinetta. Yanked the 2.8 V6 out and installed a 350 crate motor with 4 bolt main and 4 speed auto vs a 3 speed indicative of that vintage. Had pics of it on his phone. Looks pretty good. He's a total gearhead we talked a good hour (small town-I was prolly his craziest call all night) We're gonna try and hook up next week. He wants to drive it. We'll see what happens. LOL.

I finally did go to Walmart and get the milk and some steel wool to polish my exhaust tips. They sure get black fast with the LT's. Anyway one more vid there's a long pause after the initial take off.

sounds good. Love SOLO.
but you really need a better location for these runs...
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote