Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-14-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Sway Bars. Myths, Knowledge, Understanding

Sway bars are one of those mystical things that everyone know what they do, but few truly understand them.

I did a very serious analysis of sway bars and their understanding, and was thinking about potentially presenting it to the Camaro family. The purpose is to be able to figure out strengths, understand the differences between hollow and solid, and be able to figure out if information presented on websites are exagerations or accurate.

It would take about 5-10 posts to present it all in its entirety but in a simple version. It will take a huge amount of work to do,. . Is this something this community would be interested in reading and participating in? If so, what questions do you need answered.

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:56 PM   #2
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
I think people on here would be interested in learning teh quick and dirty version....

But....

Only if it is an independent version. I see you are a pedders guy. If you only put up info with your Pedders stuff, or in any way promote it, then people will take it with a grain of salt. That is my thoughts.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
BITCHIN CAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS SS
Mike-
I would love to hear the swaybar story, and why Pedders is superior to the others. I have been tempted to buy from a competitor, but am waiting it out. Just wish you could get yours in stock so my decision wouldn't be so hard. I am waiting for the "slow boat" to get my backordered bushings and sways to complete my suspension.
Thanks,
Rob
BITCHIN CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:02 PM   #4
Abygale

Drives: .
Mike, I would love to hear more!
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
I think people on here would be interested in learning teh quick and dirty version....

But....

Only if it is an independent version. I see you are a pedders guy. If you only put up info with your Pedders stuff, or in any way promote it, then people will take it with a grain of salt. That is my thoughts.
So if I gave you the formula to figure out strengths, and you could go to the web sites of all the competitors and do your own verifications, would that be worth while and meet your needs?

mike
dms
Old 11-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #6
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Mike any in site to how a Sway Bars work and how to determine how to find the right one for the camaro will be good for all of us, And we all know that you represent Pedders as we all know who is representing the other manufactures of Sway Bars, But i do want the rest of the parts to come in as it is getting hard to hold on to my $, There are some more good things out there now.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #7
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I think I understand where ZZ is coming from, he doesn't want it to be a sales pitch. I also think it would be difficult not to relate your facts with your product.

I would love to see a GENTLEMEN'S debate between all of the suspension vendors concerning all aspects of the Camaro's suspension including sways and why they chose the direction they did.

I think mathematical shear calculations would be over our heads, but if you can dummy it down for me, I say go for it.

Education in this case, is a good thing.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #8
jpetro
JPetro

Drives: 02 Sunfire
Will Pedders "Camaro Sport Package" Reduce Body Roll

I am a fairly new member who is purchasing his car this week. I am spending money on three mods: HP, Exhaust, and Supension. I am on a budget and choose your company to spend my money with. Will I be sorry?

Soon to oun a 2SS/RS Silver Ice with a chrome snail thing under hood, Pedders Sport, Hawk pads, ARH exhust system. Spring project: Pedders Coil overs and Brake package tba
jpetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:56 AM   #9
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetro View Post
I am a fairly new member who is purchasing his car this week. I am spending money on three mods: HP, Exhaust, and Supension. I am on a budget and choose your company to spend my money with. Will I be sorry?
Here is the Sports Package:
10/1/09 CAMARO SPORTS PACKAGE BY PEDDERS
MERLIN STORE P/N CAMARO SPORT PKG
The Camaro Sport System includes the elements of the Camaro Street I plus Pedders adjustable sway bars with HD endlinks. The reduction in body lean and roll translates directly to more confident control in aggressive manuvueres. Having addressed the fundemental instabilities in critical bushes along with larger and firmer sways the endlinks must also be upgreaded. the front endlinks are rather long and thin in OE trim. Pedders increases the shaft strength, thus increasing the efficiency of the sway bars. Stability and predictability are essential to the enthusiast driver. Pedders Camaro Sport System delivers both along with more SEGs per mile than you can imagine. We also added our custom alignment kit, to give your front suspension full alignment capabilities, and enhance your rear alignment capabilities with added reliability

Part # Pedders Compnent Price
CAMAROSOLUTIONB 27MM FR. & REAR BARS WITH 4 ADJUSTABLE ENDLINKS Larger HD end links require enlarging mounting holes. $599.98
EP1167 Zeta Rear Differential Bush Kit $108.36
EP1200 Zeta II Rear Extreme Sub-Frame Connector Kit $248.43
EP6578 CAMARO Front Radius Rod STIFFENING SNUBBERS (new) $75.99
PDUSACAMFULL CAMARO REAR EXTENDED CAMBER, TOE ADJUSTERS, FRONT CASTER ECCENTRICS & CAMBER ADJUSTERS $210.00
Pedders SPORT PACKAGE Parts Total $1,242.76
Menu System Discount $162.77

Menu System Discount Adjusted Parts Total $1,079.99

This package will make a serious dent in body role, understeer and stability. With our near perfectly matched sway bars for the Camaro, plus the stabilizing bushings included, this is a great package. Add some performance coils and you will really be smiling.

mike
dms
Old 11-15-2009, 02:58 AM   #10
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
So if I gave you the formula to figure out strengths, and you could go to the web sites of all the competitors and do your own verifications, would that be worth while and meet your needs?

mike
dms
I'm very interested in this.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #11
Info@PeddersUSA.com

I am working on it now.

mike
dms
Old 11-15-2009, 10:29 PM   #12
DocHolliday

Drives: '14 Blade Silver Z51
I think this would be a great read; if, like others have stated, it is from an information standpoint as opposed to a sales pitch.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:01 PM   #13
55Designs

Drives: 2010
Mike and everyone how about a sticky thread and get other vendors to jump in such as Aaron Pfadt, Hotchkiss and Eibach and John Hennessey. So we can get engineers feedback for us to absorb. I want to hear from engineers and how they came up with the design and prove its superior. Videos would be great too like the ones Hotchkiss made with the camera aiming at the sway bars during a canyon run. I think this would be informative to all.
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #14
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
I think this would be a great read; if, like others have stated, it is from an information standpoint as opposed to a sales pitch.
what I will do is to present 2 formulas for determining sway bar strength, discuss the 6 areas that determine overall structural strength. Then discuss relationships between front and rear bars. I will take data that is found on the internet, and make the calculations and compare them to all.

Will that work?

mike
dms