Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-25-2009, 05:38 PM   #99
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
lol this is my last at bat,,lol
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:30 PM   #100
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Hey guys,
should of done like me. I had all the fun and girls waited til I was 31 to tie the knot. Only problem is I forgot the pre-nup. Oh well when I got married I was poor, now 1/2 would finish me off. Guess we are stuck together now, actually she works with me and we get along really well about three weeks out of the month. Guess that is part of the deal, every one of them I've ever dated bout the same in that department.

Congrats to all of my fellow aflicted Camaro5 Brothers!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #101
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Guess we are stuck together now, actually she works with me and we get along really well about three weeks out of the month.

Congrats to all of my fellow aflicted Camaro5 Brothers!
No truer words have ever been spoken, or posted!
Old 09-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #102
mws444

Since everyone but Speed is still waiting for their new and improved Lingerized Camaros I thought we could collect a few of our thoughts on why we do what we do to our Camaros.
To all of my fellow LPE Camaro brothers: What made you take a brand new high performance car, and the Camaro ranks pretty high performance wise completely stock and spend a small fortune to Lingerize it? Since I am asking I guess I should go first.
I have had a love affair with Camaros since I was 15 and a buddy and his dad tricked out a ’67 Camaro. We had a lot of fun in that car and my Father would never have gone for such a thing. I always told myself that one of these days I would have one of my own. Well about 17 years later I took the plunge and bought a ’69 SS350 convertible and have been working on it on and off for about 7 years. I could go on for hours about what I have done to her, but it suffices to say I don’t lack much to finish her in my eyes. Time is scarce nowadays and I may just pay someone to finish her up.
When the new Camaro design first hit I was fascinated. Man here was a brand new, high tech modern ’69 Camaro, but as things progressed I learned it is much more. They combined just enough of the old styling hints to give her a retro look but the feel is all new. I learned just how good this feel was when I got my hands on my own 2010 ride. The ride quality was awesome and the handling was amazing for a domestic car. The only thing that took some getting used to was the interior, very minimal and a little too high tech for my taste, but have grown to like it. It just works and fits the car much better after you use it a while.
The performance is really good for a modern street car, there where trade offs for the sake of drivability and fuel economy. I just felt like a car with 426 horses under should feel faster, a result of the gearing for the sake of fuel economy and drivability. I can remember the head snapping acceleration of my buddies ’67, but I also remember him staying off the freeway because it was turning 4500 rpms at 60 mph. So the trick for me was to find a way to get that fast feel without giving up reliability or drivability. I have always heard of the phenomenal work at LPE from their work on the Corvette, and stumbled across their work on the new LS3 G8’s. When they started talking about doing the Camaro’s I didn’t hesitate on contacting them to do my car.
Now I won’t sit here and tell everyone that ego is not in play here, I have always wanted that bad ass car everyone else wants. However, this is mostly about what I want in a car now that I can afford it. Truth is I still have enough of the 18 year old kid in me that wants to go fast and look cool. I think I heard Jay Leno talk about how nothing keeps us young like a good burnout. How true is that?
Who is next?
Old 09-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #103
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
My first hot rod was a '67 Camaro Z/28. It was original except the engine. The engine was bad when my friend got that car.. rod through the side. He worked at an engine rebuilding shop and built a 350 smallblock - dual 4 barrels, 12.5 to 1 compression, real nasty cam. We had a lot of fun with that car together.

I wound up trading my 2 year old '85 mustang in an even swap for that car. I had the '67 for about 10 years. It was always in good shape. I needed money, so I sold it.
I have had at least 15 corvette's since.. but they never replaced what I liked in the Camaro.

I built this one up to be a 'new gen' replacement for the '67 that got away. I doubt that I will ever finish it.. I will keep improving it until I am happy with the outcome. It will need to go back to Lingy for the 650 at some time in the future. I want to finish the rest first.. Suspension, tires, bulletproof drivetrain, and nice body modifications still remain on my 'to do' list. This is on top of a long list of stuff I have already done. I still need to lighten the car a lot as well.

I havn't driven one yet.. Hopefully I will be happy with it. I am sure that it will meet some of my goals. I will have to modify until it meets the others.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #104
RS-SS2

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 09 mini, 01 3500
My first camaro was a regular old 73 coupe back in high school. It had a 350 in it that the previous owner had hopped up a bit. It wasn't super fast but held its own racing other high school wanna be drag racers. I believe this is were my love for camaro's began. I have many good memories of that car and of course it is long gone. About 10 years ago I had the opportunity to purchase an all original 73 Z/28 with the RS, LT pkg's optioned on it. This car over all was in good shape. I couldn't leave well enough alone though. I decided this car was special enough that it needed to be restored. Well me in my utmost wisdom embarked on a frame of restoration, took it 100% apart. Needless to say this car never came to manifestation. I sold the car as is to a more ambitious enthusiast.

When I first laid eyes on the 5Th gen concept car I said to my self I need one of these. As more and more time passed from the initial concept I started believing this car might not ever be produced with gas prices sky high the push for economy cars as well as GM's woes. I kinda took a wait and see attitude. One day in early June I came home opened the garage door and to my surprise there is a 2010 backed in with the front end glaring at me and my wife with a sh** eaten grin on her face. I asked her who's is this and she replied mine. I said what do you mean you don't like Camaro's you are a stang gal. She then said she saw it fell in love brought it home. Needless to say three weeks later I brought mine home.

After having this car for A week and loving it I decided I wanted it to be special and set it apart from others like it. I did my research and LPE was at the top of the list to carry out this task. Everyone I talked with about LPE had nothing but good things to say. In fact I heard from three different people the same words, they have one hell of a good reputation. It is no doubt a difficult decision to do something like this to a brand new car but in the end I believe it will all be worth it. I can hardly wait to drive it again, should be back behind the wheel here in 2 to 3 weeks in my new LPE650.
RS-SS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:27 PM   #105
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
I was first introduced to hot rods and muscles cars by my cousins who owned a body shop and always had old novas and camaros. I think ever since I was about 10 years old they used to stop by and pick me up and drive around and do burnouts. When I was a junior in high school I was turned on to a orange/red '79 Z28 and I couldn't turn back. Since that car I have had an '84 Z28, a '91 RS and a '99 SS. I loved all of them and wish I wouldn't have got rid of the '99 SS but if I hadn't, I would have never got the 2010.

I told myself that if a new model came out that I was going to get one. I saw the concepts and I knew what was coming home to the garage, as soon as they were in production. I love every aspect of this car and what GM did with it. I am sure the stock Camaro would have done it for me but I have somehow always wanted more, no matter what it is. I also have a good friend that has a '06 Subaru STI with about 450hp and there is no way I was going to buy a new car that would be slower than his car.

This leads me on my search to figure out what I need to do to make it happen. I thought about ordering the parts and having someone do it but there is really no story or reputation that goes into it. Thats when I ran across LPE when I was doing some research on magnacharger one night. I am so glad I did because now I have a built car, the way I want it, with rich history and pride that goes into every car that they do. It was the best decision I could make and I will definately being coming back to LPE for the 650 package and some other upgrades in the future. Plus it is great to have some others on this forum going through the same experience and I await the great results on your cars as well!!!
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #106
mws444

Damn, I hope they hurry up and finish my car. Ryan called and told me about the MTI short throw shifter, soooo you know I added it to the build. Hell at this rate I think they figured out the longer they keep the car the more new stuff will come out to add to it. This may never end. Pistons should be in this week (fingers crossed).
Old 09-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #107
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Damn, I hope they hurry up and finish my car. Ryan called and told me about the MTI short throw shifter, soooo you know I added it to the build. Hell at this rate I think they figured out the longer they keep the car the more new stuff will come out to add to it. This may never end. Pistons should be in this week (fingers crossed).
I had that shifter installed on my car.. the LPE folks have been raving about the nice tight shift pattern, shorter throw, no shifter rattle, and overall are pretty happy with the MTI shifter and apparently are starting to recommend it to others.

Glad I could help you out with that...
Old 09-29-2009, 06:37 PM   #108
mws444

Wonder how it will rank with the Hurst. I guess we'll find out, huh?
Old 09-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #109
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Wonder how it will rank with the Hurst. I guess we'll find out, huh?
Yup.. I havn't seen either shifter other than pictures.

I was on the hurst pre-buy list.. got tired of waiting. I wanted a shifter to be installed while at LPE as it needs to be installed from underneath. You need to drop the exhaust, and lower the trans to install.

I ordered the MTI and had it drop shipped to LPE. It impressed everyone at LPE after it was in.

did you check out the MTI site? here is the link: http://www.mtiracing.com/purchase/2010-camaro.html

there is a good thread on this shifter on the camaro5 site. That's where I got interested in it. I liked the idea of the roller bearing where the shifter connects to the linkage. all the mount points are poly instead of rubber.
here it is: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=mti+shifter

I think we made the right choice here...
Old 10-01-2009, 09:00 PM   #110
mws444

Now we are talking boys!! Ryan just sent me an update and my engine is done!! Says he hopes to haver her in there and running next week!! So maybe they will have her finished up and ready to ship by the middle of the following week!! I will tell you I can hardly wait to do a little___________
Old 10-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #111
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Congrats
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #112
mws444

Here are a couple of pics of the new and improved heart of the beast.
Attached Images