Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Savini came through in the end............ =-D

Ok.

Most of you know what the situation with my wheels have been. I won't recap it, but for those of you who don't, you can find it if you look.

I want to make one thing clear here on the boards.

NICK, who is 'Savini' here on the site, has been the driving force in my success at getting a final resolution on my wheels.

Tu, at Savini, is who made it difficult.

Nick may not want me to post this way because he is an employee of Savini, but so be it. I know that if it weren't for Nick, I'd have been screwed. He was able to get Savini to bring my wheels back on two different occasions. It's not Nicks fault that they missed the work needed. Nick even was able to get Savini to agree to have me send them my tires with the wheels, have them dismounted, tested, and remounted at a different location. Savini doesn't normaly do this. It was Nick that got this done for me.

I got my replacement wheels that Savini sent me. The left front wheel and the right rear.

SMOOTH AS GLASS...........

I can't believe that 22" wheels can be this smooth. I was starting to think I was freaking crazy and it was just a crappy ride that 22" wheels give, even though I knew better, but WOW. These things are nice.

I'll give a perfect example. Have you ever gotten into a brand new car and got on the freeway and was amazed that you were doing 75 mph but it felt like 50 mph?

ON the way home from the tire shop, I was paying as much attention to traffic as I was the feel of the wheels. At one point I freaked out because my tranny was doing something funny. At my normal cruising speed, the tranny has to drop a gear when I speed up a bit. But it was stuck in the higher gear. When I pushed the accelerator, it was already in the optimal gear to speed up. I sped up a bit and played with the pedal to get the tranny to drop a gear, but it wouldn't. I'm thinking something is wrong.

Then it dawned on me............. I was going 90 MPH........... It was like I had gotten in a brand new car and I had no idea what it was supposed to feel like. My usual cruising speed is around 70mph. It has been shaky at that speed and any faster had felt like I was doing MUCH faster than I really was. I had gotten used to it.

But the ride is so smooth now, I am going about 15 to 20 mph faster and don't realize it. FINALLY got them right.

So, Nick....... I'll send the speeding tickets to you.

I will sum my feelings up like this;

I know MANY people who have ordered Savini wheels. Strange circumstances have occured here. My advice to everyone recently has been as I just stated. Chances of you getting a bad set of Savini wheels is slim. If you do get a bad set, you are in for a bit of a hassle. Really sucks when that happens. NOBODY is perfect...... N.O.B.O.D.Y...............

AND, it's good to know you have Nick on here so you have some advocacy with Savini.

I wanted to take a picture of the 'Final deal' hahaha, but I had a flat tire this weekend and because it was Labor day weekend and nobody carries these sizes in stock, I had to leave my car in Louisiana. The tire was ruined before I realized it had gone down and then flat. Sensors were swaped out while at Savini. I really need to get some more.

Careful with these lower profile tires. You won't always be able to tell they are flat.

Last edited by PQ; 12-17-2010 at 03:58 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:10 PM   #2
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
I'm glad to hear you finally got your wheels fixed.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:26 PM   #3
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Finally, you are running ROUND!!!...
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Hope the flat didn't screw it up again or when they change it. Good luck.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
don,t these wheels have tpms
Old 09-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Great Story til the end... Are these 3 piece wheels?... hopefully the wheel wasn't leaking and it was just a nail...
Old 09-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

During the whole process, I somehow ended up with a set of sensors that I didn't start out with. Go to a completely different car.

Yes, it would have saved the tire and I'd have my car right now. But I like to look at the bright side.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #8
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Great Story til the end... Are these 3 piece wheels?... hopefully the wheel wasn't leaking and it was just a nail...
Huh???

There was no nail. It had to have leaked from the valve or plug. We aired the wheel up the next day and it only leaked out the seal on the edge of the tire. But after running on the flat tire for a while, I'm sure that's why. Not sure where it leaked from. I'm assuming valve or plug. I drove from Mobile Alabama to Baton Rouge on it. Plus it sat outside my house Friday night. My be a nail in it that got pushed in too far to see. I'll know shortly.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #9
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Hey it was because it is an automatic,lol, Just kidding nice that you got some round wheels, but am really sorry you had to go through a bunch of hassel.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:20 PM   #10
MG

Drives: 2011 Camaro
All the weird stuff happens to PQ.
MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:21 PM   #11
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Huh???

There was no nail. It had to have leaked from the valve or plug. We aired the wheel up the next day and it only leaked out the seal on the edge of the tire. But after running on the flat tire for a while, I'm sure that's why. Not sure where it leaked from. I'm assuming valve or plug. I drove from Mobile Alabama to Baton Rouge on it. Plus it sat outside my house Friday night. My be a nail in it that got pushed in too far to see. I'll know shortly.
OK... you just said you had a flat tire... didn't know if you ran over something or what. Tire bead is more probable than a new stem. Or if it's a 3 piece wheel... especially a brand new one, the rubber silicone seal might be leaking. Stinks that you had to run on it...

We should be seeing some burnout videos on U-Tube pretty soon coming out of a Louisiana tire shop...
Old 09-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #12
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
OK... you just said you had a flat tire... didn't know if you ran over something or what. Tire bead is more probable than a new stem. Or if it's a 3 piece wheel... especially a brand new one, the rubber silicone seal might be leaking. Stinks that you had to run on it...

We should be seeing some burnout videos on U-Tube pretty soon coming out of a Louisiana tire shop...

I brought the wheel with me.

I'll get a tire, have it mounted, and make the trip back to put it on and drive it home. lol

It'll be a 6 hour round trip though. Guh........

I doubt it's the wheel it's self. It would seem that it would leak quicker than that?

If it is, can I get it fixed here?
Old 09-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #13
PQ
Booooosted.

But. They are SMOOOOOOOOOOTH running.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:53 PM   #14
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Damn !!!!!!!!! atleast you got some good wheels back finally.
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote