Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #15
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Sorry but thats a ridiculous and closed minded statement. There's plenty of crap made here as well as overseas. Point of origin has nothing to do with quality. Salesmanship is one thing, blind bias is something entirely different.
Ok... I will agree with you that crap can be made anywhere that is true.. However, if you are looking for replacement parts, etc. much easier to farm from the USA. Also being a small business in the USA, why would I want to support something out of our economic zone? No need to get into an economic debate here about supporting our country, so I'll bow out and yes you are 100% correct in correcting what I had said.

The shock bodies from a lot of the other companies are mass manufactured for all applications, then perches or extensions are made per car. The PFadt stuff are all purpose built for our specific cars that are tested on our specific cars, over and over again. I would not want a generic body on my personal car that is adapter to fit. Why even spend the money at this point, we are not talking about $50, $100 here.. Talking thousand plus here, so why not buy something that is purpose built for the vehicle.

Back to the OP's original subject, the Pfadt's do not have to drill through the trunk
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #16
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
pfadt pfadt pfadt. not sure about k an w but they are worth a look
Old 05-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #17
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Truth be told, neither one is easy to adjust the rears. The XAs I have just have the hole drilled in the upper perch so you could adjust from under the car. The Pfadts I have you have to dig around inside the rear LCA. Not as easy as Pfadt says, but in my opinion both are equally challenging.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #18
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
+1 for the Pfadt coilovers! That's what we run, and highly recommend them!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #19
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
PFADT!

Adjustments are on the bottom side of the coilover... You do not need to drill holes in trunk, or even jack up the car to make adjustments. Not one tool needed to do any adjustments track-side.

We carry them and only sell Pfadt suspension components for a reason. The overseas stuff is just not worth it as down the line you will be replacing them for a good set of coilovers. As the others have said, is there a mandated reason for coilovers? Maybe use a drop-spring set now and then down the line save for a nice set of USA made coilovers?
"The overseas stuff is just not worth it as down the line you will be replacing them for a good set of coilovers." Seems like someone never heard of Bilstein Pss10s I guess. Honestly when it comes to warranty, build quaility and proper valving, KW and Bilstein takes the cake. Even the H&Rs I just sold was very good. TUV approval goes a long way in my book. Also when I had a certain brand coilovers on my car over a year ago and had a noise issue that same manufacturer left me out to freaking hang dry. Want to talk about that Matt? Eibach at least repaired their coilover crappy endlink tab but they suck for customer service as well. Stay away from Eibach you have been warned. Their endlink tabs are very weak and only good for dropping the car not track use. Valving is very good though. Such a shame, great valving in such a lousy body with lousy build quality. Pfadt coilover build quality at least surpasses the Eibachs by a long shot , valving however I didn't care for where as the Eibach valving I like.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #20
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
Truth be told, neither one is easy to adjust the rears. The XAs I have just have the hole drilled in the upper perch so you could adjust from under the car. The Pfadts I have you have to dig around inside the rear LCA. Not as easy as Pfadt says, but in my opinion both are equally challenging.
But you do like the Pfadts better don't you?
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #21
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
KW's do not require drilling. If you look at KW, don't go with anything below Variant 3.

I'm looking at picking up a set of Pfadt's new system for my car later this year or possibly a set of Pedders super car coil overs.

Good luck with your search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #22
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Sorry but thats a ridiculous and closed minded statement. There's plenty of crap made here as well as overseas. Point of origin has nothing to do with quality. Salesmanship is one thing, blind bias is something entirely different.
Completely true. BC Racing for example is a white-label manufacturer for many high-end manufacturers. Buy from the source, get a huge bang for the buck. We have sold hundreds of BC Racing coilover systems (many for the 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO) without issue. There are many of quality options available, nothing wrong with any of them.
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote