Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-06-2015, 09:06 AM   #15
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Any videos OP?
Old 10-06-2015, 09:07 AM   #16
camarosspower

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I was trapping 114.87mph on Bolton geared. Now with the cam best trap has been 115mph. Lol
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:34 AM   #17
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I seen several stock ZL1s run mid 12s, especially the M6es. Most just come out once in a while and get discouraged. Then there those with DRs and some mild mods running 11.0s and better.

I beat a HellCat with DRs twice with my low boost 1LE on street tires. Was my car faster? No way. So even with a big difference in HP many times it is a drivers race. Still nice driving OP. Enjoy staying with a faster car.

Right now you might even beat me. But I plan to practice my no lift shifts.

What were your times?
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:38 PM   #18
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
"Stockish" Not sure what you mean but it sounds like someone who just bought the car and its not even broken in yet. The ZL1 takes some getting used to, a whole different beast from my 2SS.

I pull on my friends SS everyone, its fun we used to always mess around when we both had a SS, now hes afraid of me lol.

You didn't really give any details on how the race went. Was it a roll race, racing from a dig? Just trying to better understand.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:00 PM   #19
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
Sry guys no videos I was driving, most of the day it was a red 6spd from Washington maybe he is on here idk. Anyway l was following him. it was a Camaro cruise and I was just trying to see how bad he would pull on me. That's what I expected to happen at every stop sign/light. I could tell he had a lot more torque down low he would slow down and put some distance between him and the Camaro ahead of him and then roll run and if I wasn't in the rpms already he would pull away. But from a dig or a roll if I was at about 4k rpm he couldn't put any space between us. 1st to about the top of 3rd most of the time before we ran out of room.
I didn't expect this but we did it for most of the afternoon so its no fluke one run deal. That's why I asked the question I did in this post to see if it was a common occurrence.
It seams plausible with SS guys in this tread running 12.5-12.6 and Stock ZL1 M6 at the same times from others observations. Yay bolt on LS3s

Last edited by Jsafe17; 10-06-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 03:31 PM   #20
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsafe17 View Post
Sry guys no videos I was driving, most of the day it was a red 6spd from Washington maybe he is on here idk. Anyway l was following him. it was a Camaro cruise and I was just trying to see how bad he would pull on me. That's what I expected to happen at every stop sign/light. I could tell he had a lot more torque down low he would slow down and put some distance between him and the Camaro ahead of him and then roll run and if I wasn't in the rpms already he would pull away. But from a dig or a roll if I was at about 4k rpm he couldn't put any space between us. 1st to about the top of 3rd most of the time before we ran out of room.
I didn't expect this but we did it for most of the afternoon so its no fluke one run deal. That's why I asked the question I did in this post to see if it was a common occurrence.
It seams plausible with SS guys in this tread running 12.5-12.6 and Stock ZL1 M6 at the same times from others observations. Yay bolt on LS3s
Yes it is plausible. My best of my first 4 1/4 attempts so far with my ZL1 are a high 12.6. I think with better air, launch, and shifting at the right RPM I think I can beat that by maybe 4 tenths. Time will tell. My best time with a bolt-on SS which was a 1LE was 12.3 with LTs, DRs a CAI, and no tune. So there you go very close.

But don't forget my ZL1 is a M6. Auto ZL1s can reach 11's far easier. And you also not have to spend much to go low 11s, high 10s with the ZL1 with either transmission.

With an SS you have to spend more, maybe much more to be reliable at those power levels.

My only advice to you OP is to take your racing mojo to the track where you can have much more fun and be safer. Now if you can hang with Zl1s there, respect.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:01 PM   #21
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Yes it is plausible. My best of my first 4 1/4 attempts so far with my ZL1 are a high 12.6. I think with better air, launch, and shifting at the right RPM I think I can beat that by maybe 4 tenths. Time will tell. My best time with a bolt-on SS which was a 1LE was 12.3 with LTs, DRs a CAI, and no tune. So there you go very close.

But don't forget my ZL1 is a M6. Auto ZL1s can reach 11's far easier. And you also not have to spend much to go low 11s, high 10s with the ZL1 with either transmission.

With an SS you have to spend more, maybe much more to be reliable at those power levels.

My only advice to you OP is to take your racing mojo to the track where you can have much more fun and be safer. Now if you can hang with Zl1s there, respect.
Thanks! And I agree
Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:29 AM   #22
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
Maybe some more useful/useless info ..
A Cam'ed SS with DR's on stock 20" wheels ran last Sunday.
I seen him run 3-4 times 12.3@113 was his best .
I have a "4 door Zl1" intake and tune ctsv 495 whp with all season tires .
I ran a 12.0@118 mph against him , with the best of that day 11.9@119 .
I'll have to check the slip but he had me out of the hole and my 60's was like 2.0 on that run.

Edit . Temps were 75-78° and D.A. was 1100-1400'