Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 07:56 PM   #15
CheshireCat666
Die Yuppie Scum

Drives: 2010 2SS Transformers Edition
read post #9
Old 11-14-2009, 08:57 PM   #16
Eduk8r

Drives: Blue 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukd73 View Post
I am from around hopkinsville ky. And I have the rs package and I tried pushing turning everything you can do and they will not come on day or nite. Any suggestions

Dawson Springs here
Old 11-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #17
cosmos366

Drives: 2004 GTO
I don't own a Camaro yet, but on other GM cars the DRL's will only come on when the car is in gear. You may have to find a reflection somewhere to see if they are on when you are driving. Also if the headlights are on the DRL's should be off.

Please don't everyone rip my head off if I'm wrong....
Old 11-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #18
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
In an RS equipped vehicle if the headlights are on the "fogs" or DRL bumper lights turn off. There is no way to get them to come on while the headlights are on unless you modify the car and tie the "fogs" into the headlights or just put a switch somewhere for them only.

In RS cars there are no such things as fog lights, just lights where fog lights usually are that are not controllable.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #19
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
If you want ur DRL's to become fogs just check out thebrainhart thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44104
Old 11-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #20
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
I am from around hopkinsville ky. And I have the rs package and I tried pushing turning everything you can do and they will not come on day or nite. Any suggestions
Quote:
Please dont tell me I gotta problem for the dealer to fix I want to drive not sit in a garage!
read post #9

Quote:
by the way I read the owners manual and it did nada just as my lights are doing day and night. They are not on as DRL my halos are on but the bumper zilch
then you need to take the switch off the "park" setting & put it on "auto"

Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post
If you want ur DRL's to become fogs just check out thebrainhart thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44104
i knew i saw that around, but i couldn't remember where
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
Old 11-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #21
camdaddy
67 and still a Camaro nut

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 6M Airaid/Corsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos366 View Post
I don't own a Camaro yet, but on other GM cars the DRL's will only come on when the car is in gear. You may have to find a reflection somewhere to see if they are on when you are driving. Also if the headlights are on the DRL's should be off.

Please don't everyone rip my head off if I'm wrong....
You are correct, but to expand on what you said a little further; once the headlights are on, the foglights become normal and will illuminate the roadway as any other normal foglight. They act as DRL's at half power only in daylight and only when the headlights are off. Also, the DRL's are on full time on a manual shift car and only when in gear for the automatics.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:42 PM   #22
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by camdaddy View Post
You are correct, but to expand on what you said a little further; once the headlights are on, the foglights become normal and will illuminate the roadway as any other normal foglight. They act as DRL's at half power only in daylight and only when the headlights are off. Also, the DRL's are on full time on a manual shift car and only when in gear for the automatics.
and you're partially correct - your description refers to the non-RS cars. and DRLs turn off in manual cars when the parking brake is set.

as for the OP, his car has the RS package, which means the lights in the bumper only function as DRLs and the headlamps only function as headlamps and the two cannot be on at the same time without wiring modifications
Old 05-24-2010, 11:50 PM   #23
jpalonso

Drives: 2010, 1SS, 6M ABM, 2146 of 3610
I have a 1SS M6. NON- RS I still have not been able to figure out how to turn on the fog lights (bumper lights). I ahve manually turn off the headlights at night and pressed the center button with the engine running and in gear with the parking break on and still nothing. Anybody out there have any ideas
Old 05-25-2010, 07:31 AM   #24
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalonso View Post
I have a 1SS M6. NON- RS I still have not been able to figure out how to turn on the fog lights (bumper lights). I have manually turn off the headlights at night and pressed the center button with the engine running and in gear with the parking break on and still nothing. Anybody out there have any ideas
I just checked my car and your headlights have to be in auto on or manual on and on low beams for the fog lights to work...If you manually turn the lights off or turn on the high beams the fogs will go off...

P.S. When the fogs are on you will get a Fog light Icon and headlight Icon lit up in the Tach pod.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 05-25-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:34 PM   #25
jpalonso

Okay. I just went out to garage and here's what I tried. Key in ignition and turn to the on pos (not started). Headlights manualy turn off. (DRL off) pushed the button on the lamp switch and the parking lights come on but no fog lamps, but I do hear a clik under the hood, possibly a relay clicking on. Tried it with just the parking lights on and still no lights, but I hear the same click. But in all instances the Fog light icon will go on in the dash. Headlights on manualy push button and I hear a click under the hood, but the headlights stay on, and no fog lamps. Healights on in auto (DRL) push button and the same thing. No fog lamps.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #26
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalonso View Post
Okay. I just went out to garage and here's what I tried. Key in ignition and turn to the on pos (not started). Headlights manualy turn off. (DRL off) pushed the button on the lamp switch and the parking lights come on but no fog lamps, but I do hear a clik under the hood, possibly a relay clicking on. Tried it with just the parking lights on and still no lights, but I hear the same click. But in all instances the Fog light icon will go on in the dash. Headlights on manualy push button and I hear a click under the hood, but the headlights stay on, and no fog lamps. Healights on in auto (DRL) push button and the same thing. No fog lamps.
Again there is no need to try it with the headlights manually turned off because they will not work.
Ok here is a picture of my car in this configuration. Headlights on manual (auto lights would not operate with the sun out), fog light button pushed, engine running (the DRLs will only come on when the engine is actually running, if you just have the switch in the run position without the engine running they will not come on..)
If yours lights do not operate this way then you need to make a trip to your dealer.
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #27
zebra
just can't seem to leave

well that about sums it up
Old 06-18-2010, 10:12 PM   #28
jpalonso

Went to the dealer. There was a wiring problem from the factory. Installed new part. All is now well.

Closed Thread