Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 01-21-2010, 10:44 PM   #85
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
The SS is just such a good deal with the brembos, suspension etc.
it seems that way especially you get to keep the warranty and things like that. But I see how the true enthusiast are all over this
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #86
darwin

Drives: 1SS/RS 2010 Camaro
if they make it near the end of the year and someone comes out with one earlier, i will probably get whatever comes out first.
darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #87
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
This is exactly the reason why I purposely chose the v6.

For lack of a better phrase, FI v6 is "modern muscle"

The ultimate goal for this car is to offer good hp while being fuel efficient keeping pace with auto manufacturer's trends.

While I loved my 6.0 in my GTO, the idea of taking a potent AMERICAN MADE v6 and going FI on it is a big step to showing US made cars can make power by means other than just large displacement motors (yes, I am painting with a broad brush here and over looking the SRT-4's and Cobalts, but you see where I'm going with this)

I have been talking to a few friends as well as Impressive Rides in Tampa,FL about the "nuts and bolts" of doing a TT setup.

However, having a company like Hennessey coming to bat for us v6 guys is huge and, although we only make up 20% of the 2010 Camaros out there, I do hope we are worth taking a look at.

IMHO

-SA
Old 02-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #88
Beau

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
I'd be interested, as long as it boosts fuel economy too. Efficiency is one of the big draws of the V6 Camaros - it's an edge that I wouldn't want to lose, especially with the switch to more expensive 93 octane fuel.
Oh lord.
I feel bad for all of the aftermarket manufacturers with guys like this around. This is going to be one crowd that may not want to pay to play.

Personally I don't care for the ubiquitous V8,I'd go for the 6. But I guess thats why I'm a Supra guy. Beaten up on those V8s and V10s is quite fun.
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #89
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Oh lord.
I feel bad for all of the aftermarket manufacturers with guys like this around. This is going to be one crowd that may not want to pay to play.

Personally I don't care for the ubiquitous V8,I'd go for the 6. But I guess thats why I'm a Supra guy. Beaten up on those V8s and V10s is quite fun.
Yes, we're a picky bunch, but not everyone is like me and concerned about being economical with their mods. There are also folks out there who'd gladly pour 10 or 20 grand into making their LT an SS-killer.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:03 AM   #90
darwin

Drives: 1SS/RS 2010 Camaro
If they make a single turbo that puts out 400rwhp, i am buying it. I just need fishing to pick up so I can make some money.
darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:29 PM   #91
Sour DeeZ

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS RS M6
If you need a test car, I am here to help.
Sour DeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #92
Tecca

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
Yes, we're a picky bunch, but not everyone is like me and concerned about being economical with their mods. There are also folks out there who'd gladly pour 10 or 20 grand into making their LT an SS-killer.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #93
GangGreen

Drives: Victory Red LT RS Born:3/3/09
From Hennessey about the V6:

Mr. Green,

Thank you for your inquiry with Hennessey Performance. At this time we are thinking about offering this upgrade, but it would not be till later in the year as right now we are just too busy. But it is being thought about. Check back often on our website for the latest updates.

Regards,

Tyler Rodgers
Sales
Office: 979-885-1300
Mobile: 281-520-0691
Fax: 979-877-0701
Email: Tyler@hennesseyperformance.com
Old 04-01-2010, 02:08 AM   #94
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
I am interested. I chose the V6 for a variety of reasons. I love the sound, I love the more neutral handling and love the sleeper potential. Fuel economy was not real high on the list of priorities for me. If it were, I would have purchased a Prius (and pray it could stop LOL).

Keep it to around 5k and I think you'll have a market. Just because people have money doesn't necessarily mean they are cool with feeling like they're paying too much. They value a good deal. But it's only a good deal if it's built to last.

I would trust a name like Hennessey or Lingenfelter to do a FI mod on my car.

And to the guys at Hennessey, would you be interested in a project that already has built in marketing to thousands of people a week? Click here or just go to my album on my profile.
http://s973.photobucket.com/albums/ae220/BLAKJAKSIXJAK/Whips
/?action=view&current=IMG_0565.jpg

SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:38 AM   #95
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Also how do I set my avatar, profile pic or whatever it is?
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #96
FreddyG

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole View Post
Well im looking for the SC..I think the turbos sound kinda funny to many..Anyways i feel if u had a 45 to 55 range it would perk my intrest if i was a turbo person...
Having had both blown and turbo cars (10 second Grand National and a Supercharged C5 Vette), my opinion is that anyone who would take a supercharger over a turbo has never ridden in a PROPERLY setup turbo car!

I'd take a turbo over a blower Any day! The plus for the blower is that they're cheaper and usually easier to install (except for pinning the crank on a Vette, which is no fun because you've got to move the steering rack ).

Once again, not looking to start anything, just giving my opinion. :cheers:
FreddyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #97
CamaroFreako
KMK

Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
yes interested, because its from Hennessey :o
CamaroFreako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #98
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyG View Post
Having had both blown and turbo cars (10 second Grand National and a Supercharged C5 Vette), my opinion is that anyone who would take a supercharger over a turbo has never ridden in a PROPERLY setup turbo car!

I'd take a turbo over a blower Any day! The plus for the blower is that they're cheaper and usually easier to install (except for pinning the crank on a Vette, which is no fun because you've got to move the steering rack ).

Once again, not looking to start anything, just giving my opinion. :cheers:
Agreed on the turbo!!! WOOHOO!!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote