Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #57
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport

Yes, that about wraps it up. Back to the studio with Howie, Terry and Jimmie!
Old 12-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #58
Tomato
G-Force Addict

Drives: 2010 SS/RS A6
To the OP - Maybe you should clear this up by letting us know which type you filed. Huge difference between Chapter 7 and 11...
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #59
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
What was wrong with your then current car? You said you just paid off your car and filed for bankruptcy. Wouldn't it be better not having a car payment so you can get your shit straight instead of going and getting a new $40k car? Everything just sounds so dumb to me sorry.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #60
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Zness View Post
Ill start here.

Though I posted some "issues" I had with my test drive, I never bagged on the Camaro. I have owned two Camaro's and have lived with shortcomings with each one because it is my favorite car. What part of me saying in my original post that I still wanted to buy the vehicle regardless don't you seem to be able to comprehend?

Let me help you out.

1. Parking Brake problems
2. Ugly seat belt cover up
3. Fan is making noise
4. What good are the gauges
5. Camaro's most useless feature
6. I hate the stupid indentation by the ignition
7. Onstar conspiricy, doors keep locking
8. Rear spoiler problems, paint chipping.

These are the "issues" with camaro on the first two pages of the main forum. Feel free to get into each thread wining to those posters too. Right.

As far as the rest of the story. Didn't realize there were so many assuming type haters on here. As I stated, I filed bankruptcy to clear me off of credit cards shared with an ex wife who had no plans on closing the cards. So with the Bankruptcy, there is a choice to be made. She can either allow me to file it into bankruptcy or agree to keep them open on HER own and make the payments on it. Which is what SHE choose to do. Same with me and my Envoy. I chose to keep it and took over financial repsonsibility, and promptly two months later, paid it off. Where in my post do you see anyone saying I didnt take ownership of my bills. I stated clearly, I wanted off her open lines of credit, and the cards were unwilling to let me off otherwise. I was not about to pay for cards that were still being used, that I was not using.

Even with my bankruptcy, my credit score was a 675ish, on average. Not too bad. So what does that tell you about my past financial history? Obviously, I took care of what I owed and it reflected in the score. I bought a new car because I can afford it. As I stated, I have next to nothing in bills now. Im back in my OWNED house, as she took on the Mortgage of the new house (there's that bankruptcy thing helping me out, but not being thrown out either) She had to sign the waiver and prove she could afford to do so in front of a judge, so it was not included into my bankruptcy. It is an even longer story with the bankruptcy, but I assure the etiquette police on here that there is NOTHING that I didn't take care of that I OWED, or she didn't take over.

For those of you who are so completely worried about me overextending myself, I appreciate your concern/teeth knashing/crying. I make a good salary, paid off my truck with a lump sum payment, own my own house, and owned my Z/28. I have things well under control. But thanks for your concern.

This should of been a story about a dealership and their conspiring ways to try and get me into something way overpriced, using the SAME bank that I used right next door.

I love the fact that I got warned for using the word douche by a mod on this site. Classic, considering some of the other language I have seen in here.

Nice site, enjoy. You may now continue your regularly scheduled butt hurting cry baby ways.
Just saying, to me it makes no sense to go on a camaro forum and complain about how bad an experience you had with the car and the dealership and then turn around and brag that you were able to purchase an even more expensive car all after filing bankruptcy. I don't see how you think this would get you a high five here. To each is own. I hope you enjoy your new car.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #61
HuggerFan

Drives: this site crazy! Shuunned
And your point is? lol
Old 12-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #62
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Just saying, to me it makes no sense to go on a camaro forum and complain about how bad an experience you had with the car and the dealership and then turn around and brag that you were able to purchase an even more expensive car all after filing bankruptcy. I don't see how you think this would get you a high five here. To each is own. I hope you enjoy your new car.

Man its like pulling teeth.

Did I say how BAD an experience I had with the car. I said I had one major problem, and a few mental meh's about it, but that I was still wanting to buy the car I really wanted. NEVER was I bragging about my more expensive car, I was pointing out, very clearly I thought, that I bought a more expensive car, utilizing the same banking institution for a monthly payment that was going to be 200.00 dollars less. It seems apperant that I was just letting people know about the scam job that Dealership X was trying to push on me, when Dealership Y didn't do this and ended up making the sale.

To DarkneSS. I guess there wasn't alot wrong with my current Z. Except that the white leather seats had all but evaporated, the headliner needed another replacement. The T Tops were starting to leak, the back tail lights had moisture seep into the wiring harness and wrecked havoc on my lights. It was time for a new suspension, the rear defroster didnt work because the clip on the windhield broke, someone keyed one of the new stripes I just replaced, and someone rubbed the driver side rear wheel well with their car. So instead of spending a few grand fixing it, I figured if the dealership was willing to give me 2K, I was alright with that. I mean afterall it was a 97 with almost 150K miles on it. So getting rid of this car had no bearing to me other than the over oned decade I drove it and sentiment. So yes I did still have my Envoy. Remember me in my original post saying I recieved a 3k gift voucher from GM executive offices? This was due to my "problems" I had with my Envoy. I don't really think it was for my problems, realistically I believe they probably used a GM loyalty voucher for me, as I have purchased several GM vehicles. And no I didn't say I paid off my loan, then filed bankruptcy. I stated I filed bankruptcy, THEN paid off my debts.

While in warranty my Envoy was at the dealership over 20 times, three times for tranny problems that they couldnt figure out, my car was maintained perfectly. Cooling fan clutch, 3 times ignition switch, and in the last 4 months I had to replace the engine (at my cost obviously) and the tranny again. I guess the reason I decided to get a new vehicle and not just be happy in my Envoy is that I have been stranded more times than I care to explain with my Enovy, and didn't want to have to only have it and my falling apart camaro as my main sources of transportation.

To the poster who asks what my point was.......uhhhh well I thought it was to share a story of how Courtesy tried to rip me off.

So cliff notes. My debt is completely paid. I make a good living. Dealership tried to rip me off, ended up losing sale. Isnt that in some small fashion what the message boards like this are about? To let fellow enthusiasts know of how you were treated. Lesson learned, shouldn't of shared.

Last edited by Sweet Zness; 12-12-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #63
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
The dealer was absolutely not trying to take advantage of him....he is a risk and people approve him for a loan of 40K so close to his filing of bankruptcy are one of the factors and reasons our economy is in the sh--er.

Stop spewing your garbage about courtesy. If you don't see yourself as a risk to lenders you are either denial or incredibly stupid. I bought my Camaro from Courtesy only 3 months ago. Not only that I got a 2SS/RS for less than MSRP with 4% from them. You are bashing a dealership when you got LESS than you wanted for your trade and probably could have sold the Z for more on auto trader. You come on a Camaro forum to bash a dealership because they didn't have enough knowledge of the Camaro as well? I don't need anyone to tell me what they do or don't know about the camaro, because I have all the knowledge I need. I knew what I wanted, I told them the price...they gave me the car. Done...does everything need to be handed to you on a silver platter? Then you continue to proceed with the bashing....except now you direct it towards the Camaro. You don't think the amenities of a 35k car are up to par for what the Camaro offers? How about 400hp, try comparing another car to what the Camaro and Mustang offer as far as price and performance. If you REALLY wanted a Camaro you would have gone to Sterling or the dealerhship near Deltona...You didn't even try to hunt, you wanted instant gratification.

You would think you MIGHT have learned something from your past financial issues. Maybe, just MAYBE you got your stuff straightened out now, but clearly you did not learn any discipline whatsoever. If I file for bankruptcy the first thing I am doing is going to buy the cheapest s--- box kia that offers 200k mile warranty for a 15k car. That is what would be the safest interest of my wife and I. INCASE!! God forbid, you get slammed again in the future....however, you find this as a reason to bash a dealership that refuses to invest itself into an American society that has now become lazy and thinks the world owes us all something.

I hope two things happen here...I hope you never post here again and enjoy your SUV while I "struggle to see" around my camaro, and then I hope you are gator fan who can enjoy my sig. Actually..I take that back, I hope you stick around. When you see the rest of us having a blast with this car and you are just another SUV on the road you can keep telling yourself "well...I couldn't see out the sides of the car and I got a little less than I wanted for my trade...but man did I show courtesy...".
As for you. Now that all your ASSumptions were wrong, and your done with your little ego trip/chest beating. Let me play your game.

Id be pretty dag gone embarassed at paying 4 percent without a bankruptcy. See, even with my bankruptcy, zero down, and a 2k trade, my interest was 5.9. Not too far away from yours. Before me trying to clear out shared bills if I payed 4 percent on any vehicle i purchased new Id shoot myself for not being able to put myself into positon better. Are you really bragging about having to pay 4 percent? I can tell you this, I have never paid 4 percent or more on a vehicle, untill my most recent purchase. And lets be honest, 5.9 isnt really that terrible, especially considering.

And really its pretty stupid to post a sig of the one win FSU has had over the Gators in the last SEVEN years. In a down year for the gators, and I more than likey have been a Noles fan before you even were born. Unless you were watching Noles games in the early 80s.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:46 PM   #64
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
Divorced in 1998. I took all the debt from my marriage (more for my young kids than anything else). It took a lot of years to get my head above water again. But when I divorced, I traded my new pickup for a used crappy Olds Achieva and sucked it up till I had the debt all worked out. Now I drive my dream car and never came close to filing bankruptcy. Of course that is the RIGHT way to do things and some people just dont care about the right way. They just want what they want now and how dare a dealer not let them have anything they want just because they just filed bankruptcy which pretty much says they cant handle debt.
And I will finish off with this guy.

You decided you understood the situation, and instead of just hearing a guy trying to forewarn others of a dealership that tried to scam him decided "let me pile on and brag about how much better I did it, and how he did it the stupid unethical way"

Let me play your game of assuming to know the entire details and rubbing crap in your face.

Instead of me fighting through months of legalities, and utilizing court visits and paying an astronimical amout to my attorneys deciding what goes where. I filed a bankruptcy that allowed me to pay my debt immediately, and seperated the two of our shared bills. All for the one time bankruptcy filing cost. Now tell me who is smarter here? Seems to me you were the unsmart one by having to do what you had to do to get clear. I didn't, and don't have to beat around in piece of crap car. Let me stress to you again. My debts are cleared. Sorry you didn't think of a better way to handle it, maybe your lawyer needed your money worse than you did. LOL.

So im glad for your years of wanton wasted driving a self describled piece of crap. Not all of us are as smart as you apparently.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:05 PM   #65
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Zness View Post
Man its like pulling teeth.

Did I say how BAD an experience I had with the car. I said I had one major problem, and a few mental meh's about it, but that I was still wanting to buy the car I really wanted. NEVER was I bragging about my more expensive car, I was pointing out, very clearly I thought, that I bought a more expensive car, utilizing the same banking institution for a monthly payment that was going to be 200.00 dollars less. It seems apperant that I was just letting people know about the scam job that Dealership X was trying to push on me, when Dealership Y didn't do this and ended up making the sale.

To DarkneSS. I guess there wasn't alot wrong with my current Z. Except that the white leather seats had all but evaporated, the headliner needed another replacement. The T Tops were starting to leak, the back tail lights had moisture seep into the wiring harness and wrecked havoc on my lights. It was time for a new suspension, and someone keyed one of the new stripes I just replaced, and someone rubbed the driver side rear wheel well with their car. So instead of spending a few grand fixing it, I figured if the dealership was willing to give me 2K, I was alright with that. I mean afterall it was a 97 with almost 150K miles on it.

To the poster who asks what my point was.......uhhhh well I thought it was to share a story of how Courtesy tried to rip me off.

So cliff notes. My debt is completely paid. I make a good living. Dealership tried to rip me off, ended up losing sale. Isnt that in some small fashion what the message boards like this are about? To let fellow enthusiasts know of how you were treated. Lesson learned, shouldn't of shared.
Dude get over it. Your trying to justify your life to a bunch of strangers. That's great that it all worked out for you ,and you got what you wanted. Sorry, but the way you worded your posted didn't clearly show your intentions for the thread to me and clearly many other people. If I was upset about a dealer trying to screw me over a deal, I would have focused the thread on that. It seem to be more of a side note to your thread to me. Sorry if I didn't get your true intentions whatever they were.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:43 PM   #66
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Really???? Because of the around 12 paragraphs I originally wrote, one paragraph was dedicated to what I saw were my shortcomings with the Camaro, and one sentence devoted to saying "I just cleared my bankruptcy"???

You speak of my "intentions" as if I wanted to do anything other than share a story about a dealership that CLEARLY was trying to take advantage of me.

Hmmm ok if you say so. It had nothing to do with a bunch of people assuming, or hell maybe even jealous that I was able to buy a car right out of bankruptcy. I don't know but it sure does seem like there was a whole lot of jumping on, but not a whole lot of apologizing when they were wrong. You say my true intentions were the side note...more like most here decided to focus on the sidenote.

Either way, thanks to the few who didn't.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:20 AM   #67
CliffjumperRS

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Victory Red
I think the point many are missing is the contrast in treatment and commitment he received between the two dealers. There are so many similarities between the products he was looking to buy and obviously his financial situation was static. How can one dealership practically roll out a red carpet, working with his situation and see him through to the "satisfied customer" result when another, working with the same resources, would do absolutely nothing to assist him. If it was done on the Buick, it sure as hell could have been done on the Camaro, especially if they're working with GM lenders. Courtesy just wasn't willing to work with him, and Orange was. This wasn't about his bankruptcy, financial situation or justification for buying a $40k vehicle, it was simply about the dealer.

I had a crappy experience with Courtesy as well, out by the airport. Salespeople blew me off, and their prices were insane back in January of '10. Wound up buying from Starling down in Kissimmee and had a wonderful experience.

To the comment about someone "forcing you to buy a house"... try losing $100,000 on it in 3 years, see how ya feel. it sucks. It's all i can do NOT to toss a lit match and walk away.

AND i am a seminoles fan. The gators - having an off year? Try having an off DECADE!!!
CliffjumperRS is offline   Reply With Quote