Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

View Poll Results: SMS Track Day Entry Fee Pricing
Too High (wow!)? 9 64.29%
Just Right (alot of fun for the price)? 5 35.71%
Too Low (an awesome deal!)? 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #29
drPhilGandini

Drives: Porsche Cayman S
It was indeed a beautiful day to be out at the track, and the conditions on the track were very good -- especially as there was no more than 10 cars in total at any time, so lots of lapping without seeing another car. Great for building rhythm.

Anyway, I got a little more information at the gate. The Membership provides you with a discount on the Open Track (Drivers) events. $30, $20 and $10 off at each level. So if you were to drive 16 events, you would be ahead with the Aluminum membership: $35 joining fee, $120 for 12 months membership and $640 for Drivers events (16x$40) for a total of $795. Compared to 16 x $50 for each event for non-members totals $800. So anything less than 16 times at the track and you're better off financially just paying the day fee of $50.
So, for me, I'm extremely unlikely to become a member, as I would guess are many others who follow my math (I'm an economics professor, so I sure hope I've got the math right.)
It really depends on what the management of the track is seeking. There's a reasonable amount of economic analysis that can be applied to this problem, but an optimal fee structure could be developed that would maximize revenue, maximize attendance, or any other objective.
Or you could just pull some numbers out of your freckle and see how many members and non-members turn up to each event...
I had a great time today, didn't abuse my car, and talked with some real nice folk.

PS, that monster orange Camaro is a truly impressive vehicle!
drPhilGandini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #30
chefmichael32

Drives: 2010 chevrolet camaro ls
Thanks 2010badss great driving skills and yes the 2nd time out was a lot more fun and I can't say that it wasn't an eventful first track day for me a think I can consider myself officially initiated (or at least partially anyway) I'm glad a went around the hotel one more time this morning before I decided to head home!!! Will definitely try to make the next one!!
chefmichael32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #31
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefmichael32 View Post
Thanks 2010badss great driving skills and yes the 2nd time out was a lot more fun and I can't say that it wasn't an eventful first track day for me a think I can consider myself officially initiated (or at least partially anyway) I'm glad a went around the hotel one more time this morning before I decided to head home!!! Will definitely try to make the next one!!
We're glad you came back around also! And consider yourself definitely initiated!!!!
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #32
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
Awesome awesome awesome! Yes I had to work just getting home now:(. Im glad to see that black and gold 69 made it out. I see that car every monday thru friday rain, sunshine or snow so it is definatly a driver. One day I will make it to one of these awesome track days. Right on mister Curt for turning all of us on to this. Sounds like the (WICKED) orange Lingy tore it up today WORD!!!
andredmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:07 PM   #33
ZZTOM

Drives: 67 Camaro 350, 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by drPhilGandini View Post
It was indeed a beautiful day to be out at the track, and the conditions on the track were very good -- especially as there was no more than 10 cars in total at any time, so lots of lapping without seeing another car. Great for building rhythm.

Anyway, I got a little more information at the gate. The Membership provides you with a discount on the Open Track (Drivers) events. $30, $20 and $10 off at each level. So if you were to drive 16 events, you would be ahead with the Aluminum membership: $35 joining fee, $120 for 12 months membership and $640 for Drivers events (16x$40) for a total of $795. Compared to 16 x $50 for each event for non-members totals $800. So anything less than 16 times at the track and you're better off financially just paying the day fee of $50.
So, for me, I'm extremely unlikely to become a member, as I would guess are many others who follow my math (I'm an economics professor, so I sure hope I've got the math right.)
It really depends on what the management of the track is seeking. There's a reasonable amount of economic analysis that can be applied to this problem, but an optimal fee structure could be developed that would maximize revenue, maximize attendance, or any other objective.
Or you could just pull some numbers out of your freckle and see how many members and non-members turn up to each event...
I had a great time today, didn't abuse my car, and talked with some real nice folk.

PS, that monster orange Camaro is a truly impressive vehicle!
I love it!!! Math and a sense of humor and now I'm not sure if I'm confused or just ah heck with it I'll just have a beer. Can't wait to meet you Dr. Phil
Old 01-09-2011, 08:01 AM   #34
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Wow 2010, glad to hear you made it thru your drifting practice ok. Cold weather make my Nittos hard and slick, I can see just how your beast broke loose on a pass.
How do you like your new suspension? Did your other half make it out there?
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #35
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Wow 2010, glad to hear you made it thru your drifting practice ok. Cold weather make my Nittos hard and slick, I can see just how your beast broke loose on a pass.
How do you like your new suspension? Did your other half make it out there?
The suspension was AWESOME!!!! And so was the 3.90 gear!!! The car wasn't pushing, no body roll, and 3rd gear had so much power! I couldn't be happier.

As far as the pass, I came over to the left and hit the gas as I went over the hump where the oval joins the straight away and it just put me into a slide. So now I know not to do that again! I discovered that UNINTENTIONAL drifting is NO fun!!!!
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:28 AM   #36
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 BADSS View Post
The suspension was AWESOME!!!! And so was the 3.90 gear!!! The car wasn't pushing, no body roll, and 3rd gear had so much power! I couldn't be happier.

As far as the pass, I came over to the left and hit the gas as I went over the hump where the oval joins the straight away and it just put me into a slide. So now I know not to do that again! I discovered that UNINTENTIONAL drifting is NO fun!!!!
She did it on purpose to make me feel better....I know it. LMAO.

Glad to hear 1.) you are ok and that 2.) the Liggy is good. Those are the ones we learn from. Scary as heck when cold tires and enthousiasm collide.

Looking forward to making it back out soon as well.....I know I wanna "warm up" for CFest events.

Thanks for the pics guys
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food, fun, racing, sms, track day