Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:03 PM   #126
Aero_Sport_Concepts
KurtRobinson(slickrichic)

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
They won't fit the 2010-2013 v6 just 2010-2013 v8 and 2014-2015 v6. Supposedly the 14-15 v6 front bumper has a similar shape to the 10-13 ss enough so that it fits. I think it would probably fit on a 2010-13 v6 but would need more modification most likely. I will say anyone that wants to mount the rods into the crash bar or into a metal bracket that they made would probably want the longer rods. I got the standard rods that come with it and it isn't bad but looking back on it I wish I woulda went for the longer rods. Also aero sports concept's track hardware package (splitter rods) look beefy and longer then the apr version. I may upgrade to those when I purchase some side pieces from them.
Our Track Support Rods are adjustable from 11 3/4" to 13 1/2". All joints are press fitted without any nut/bolt that can come loose. If anyone needs any help let me know if we can help you out.
Performance Mods = RotoFab Cold Air Intake w/ AeroSportConcepts Cold Aero Intake Scoop, RideTech HQ Coil Overs, Solo High Flow Cat Mid Pipes, AeroSportConcepts Custom Splitter & Rocker & Wicker Aero Extensions, Goodridge SS Brake Lines, AeroSportConcepts Brake Aero Ducts, SLP Skip Shift Eliminator, JDP Clutch Reservoir Separator, Moroso Oil Seperator

Aero_Sport_Concepts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:47 PM   #127
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Hey aero please post some pics on this thread of the support rods. I'd like to see them close up. Maybe a picture of them side by side? That way it'll show how they look at minimum length and maximum length.

Rotofab Cold Air Intake//Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller//MRT V1 Exhaust//Apex Catch Can//Z28 Rear Spoiler//OEM '14 SS Hood Vent Set Up//APR Carbon Splitter
https://www.facebook.com/DRIVENenthusiasts
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:41 PM   #128
Aero_Sport_Concepts

Quote:
Hey aero please post some pics on this thread of the support rods. I'd like to see them close up. Maybe a picture of them side by side? That way it'll show how they look at minimum length and maximum length.
The first pics shows Rod at the smallest point the second at the longest. A couple close ups on the knuckle joints. Notice the clean pressed joint. No screws and nuts. I also include the mounting hardware and give ya a few washers in different sizes for different applications.

Thanks guys for the interest.
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1424399982433.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  86.5 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1424399999784.jpg
Size:  82.4 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1424400024147.jpg
Size:  87.0 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1424400037805.jpg
Size:  83.0 KB
Performance Mods = RotoFab Cold Air Intake w/ AeroSportConcepts Cold Aero Intake Scoop, RideTech HQ Coil Overs, Solo High Flow Cat Mid Pipes, AeroSportConcepts Custom Splitter & Rocker & Wicker Aero Extensions, Goodridge SS Brake Lines, AeroSportConcepts Brake Aero Ducts, SLP Skip Shift Eliminator, JDP Clutch Reservoir Separator, Moroso Oil Seperator

Old 02-19-2015, 09:27 PM   #129
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Sport_Concepts View Post
The first pics shows Rod at the smallest point the second at the longest. A couple close ups on the knuckle joints. Notice the clean pressed joint. No screws and nuts. I also include the mounting hardware and give ya a few washers in different sizes for different applications.

Thanks guys for the interest.
Attachment 695649Attachment 695650Attachment 695653Attachment 695655
Do you have this splitter available for 2014 1LT V6? I am super interested and in love with this type of splitter.. How much does it cost? And is the installation hard? Does it require drilling or something? After installing it, can one go back to stock?

Thanks. =)
Old 02-19-2015, 09:45 PM   #130
Aero_Sport_Concepts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzisfrom1994 View Post
Do you have this splitter available for 2014 1LT V6? I am super interested and in love with this type of splitter.. How much does it cost? And is the installation hard? Does it require drilling or something? After installing it, can one go back to stock?

Thanks. =)
I'm working on it. The newer '14-'15 LT front end is very similar to the SS. To make our Splitter Extension Kit work you would need to have the OEM Front Splitter installed on the car prior. From there our Kit won't mount to the OEM Splitter with Automotive Fasteners like our other models. There is drilling required on the bottom side of the Splitter. If you removed the Extension Kit after there would be hole only on the bottom size of the splitter. Very Easy Install

Check out our Post on C5 or check us out on Facebook for more info.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395587

https://www.facebook.com/aerosportconcepts

Old 02-20-2015, 03:26 PM   #131
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
I'm working on it. The newer '14-'15 LT front end is very similar to the SS. To make our Splitter Extension Kit work you would need to have the OEM Front Splitter installed on the car prior. From there our Kit won't mount to the OEM Splitter with Automotive Fasteners like our other models. There is drilling required on the bottom side of the Splitter. If you removed the Extension Kit after there would be hole only on the bottom size of the splitter. Very Easy Install

Check out our Post on C5 or check us out on Facebook for more info.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395587

https://www.facebook.com/aerosportconcepts
I see, I didn't see the fact that this is a splitter extension... I dont have a splitter yet =S. Thanks anyway.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:41 PM   #132
crc91

The apr piece can be fitted without a lip mine is on see if I can upload a pic
Attached Images

Rotofab Cold Air Intake//Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller//MRT V1 Exhaust//Apex Catch Can//Z28 Rear Spoiler//OEM '14 SS Hood Vent Set Up//APR Carbon Splitter
Old 02-20-2015, 03:42 PM   #133
crc91

This was before te rods were installed
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2015, 07:20 PM   #134
Aero_Sport_Concepts

Quote:
The apr piece can be fitted without a lip mine is on see if I can upload a pic
What is holding the APR Extension??? How is it attached to the bottom. That doesn't seem like it would be strong enough for high speeds from what I can tell in the pictures you posted

Old 02-20-2015, 07:36 PM   #135
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Yup my brother had his on without a lip too. I just ordered my APR for my ZL1
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:58 PM   #136
Oneflyenyceguy
Hmm...Something Clever

Drives: Blac on Blaq on Blak 2012 Camaro LS
Count me in as well. Been waiting for this

Adjustments: 20% tint all around, Emblem Pros Dash plaque, Rockford Fosgate P-300/12
Oneflyenyceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:20 AM   #137
crc91

The rods are attached to brackets behind the front fascia. And the bottom of the splitter is mounted to where that little air damn is under the chin of the front bumper.

Old 02-22-2015, 12:51 AM   #138
azvren

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS IBM
This group buy still going?
azvren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:47 AM   #139
crc91

Nope group buy is dead

Old 02-23-2015, 05:22 PM   #140
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Quote:
Our Track Support Rods are adjustable from 11 3/4" to 13 1/2". All joints are press fitted without any nut/bolt that can come loose. If anyone needs any help let me know if we can help you out.
So is there a way to make it fit on the 2010 v6?
IPF Supercharger, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, MRT V2 Exhaust, Barton Short Throw Shifter, ZL1 grille, Carbon Fiber Lip Spoiler and Stripes, Blue LED Halos and HID fogs, Blue Footwell and Interior Lights
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:11 PM   #141
Aero_Sport_Concepts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrasras View Post
So is there a way to make it fit on the 2010 v6?
I suppose there is a way. If the APR Extension bolts up ours would too.

Our Extension Kit comes pre - drilled but we could tell the CNC not to cut those mounting holes and let you drill your own as APR does.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:57 PM   #142
Mr_lv

Drives: Camaro 2LT
Quote:
I suppose there is a way. If the APR Extension bolts up ours would too.

Our Extension Kit comes pre - drilled but we could tell the CNC not to cut those mounting holes and let you drill your own as APR does.
so is that fit v6 2014 or not ?
if need work how can we find instruction
Mr_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:05 AM   #143
Aero_Sport_Concepts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_lv View Post
so is that fit v6 2014 or not ?
if need work how can we find instruction
I can't guarantee that it will as I haven't had one in the shop to find out. But if the APR works I don't see a reason our wouldn't. This is probably the reason APR doesn't supply instructions on how to install theirs.

Old 02-24-2015, 03:24 PM   #144
crc91

Apr supplies a a "general" installation guide. It's not the greatest but gives you an idea. However I can do a little write up on how I attached mine.