Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-18-2011, 11:59 PM   #15
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow09 View Post
so is there a way for me to get the lights to go off or am I going to need to get a different set of tires and sell these?

thanks for all the help guys
change 2 tires. go back to the dealer and say what the are you guys doing here.
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:02 AM   #16
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow09 View Post
so is there a way for me to get the lights to go off or am I going to need to get a different set of tires and sell these?

thanks for all the help guys
You can try seeing if it can be fixed with a Tech 2 before losing money on buying another set of tires..
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #17
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Screw that, I'd go back to that tire store and raise hell for selling you the wrong size tires. Make them replace the tires with proper height tires front and rear. Unless you picked them personally.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #18
hot ss

Drives: aqua 2ss l99
i believe you can have the sensors reprogrammed, but why bother, then your stuck to the wrong tire sizes forever, unless you pay to change it to stock.

and i hope you didn't pick the tires as well, all the safety systems you paid for should work correctly for your safety as well as others on the road.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:11 PM   #19
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
i had the same problem , had nothing to do with tires, car also ran sluggish...when engine computer is notified of misfire or other prob, stabilitrac is automatically turned offalong with other stuff...i tried battery for 10 minutes and everything came back 15 mile later...disc battery overnite and had to reset windoows and everything ..lites never came back and that was 1500 miles ago..
Old 02-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #20
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
i had the same problem , had nothing to do with tires, car also ran sluggish...when engine computer is notified of misfire or other prob, stabilitrac is automatically turned offalong with other stuff...i tried battery for 10 minutes and everything came back 15 mile later...disc battery overnite and had to reset windoows and everything ..lites never came back and that was 1500 miles ago..
Not the same problem. Yes, the computer turns off stuff when there is a misfire reported but it would never turn off the ABS for that.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #21
silverfox

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I had that abs and st stuff go off on me during a 1/4 run at about the 1000 ft mark. Needless to say but my brake pedal was like a rock and not much slowing down. I had a set of bfg dr that was about 26 in. on back and was ok on the burnout. Pretty scary at 120mph.
LS2 Darton sleeved 427 stroker.Callies dragonslayer crankshaft. Callies I beam rods. Wiseco blower pistons. Mast cnc 12 degree big bore ls3 heads-2.2 intake &1.6 ex. 6 bolt 270cc-.750 deck. Lunati link bar lifters.T&D roller rockers.COMP-VA. Speed special cam 605 lift, 238dur. Procharger F1R @15psi. ARH headers with custom 3'' exhaust all the way.Magnaflow mufflers. QTP cutouts.Rossler built 6l80e trans. DSS 1400hp axles.
Pfadt suspension.-Coilovers, sway bars,motor mounts,trailing arms. Aeromotive eliminater pump.
907rwhp.
silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:35 PM   #22
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
well, i was told diff from gm , when stabilitrac shuts down , it also shuts down abs and traction control...my dash looked like a xmas tree...i,m only telling you what was told to me by a gm corvette tech , he got technical about why , but its been to long and can,t remember why...2 other people had exact same problem i know, 1 was a suv, other was a camaro...they did the overnite thing and it never came back...i know the 10 minute kill did not fix my problem...so somehow it fixed itself..and yes my abs was off.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #23
pbm457

Drives: 2009 Dodge "Cuda", 2010 Camaro
Mine is doing it as well. The new TPS have not been programed yet, so I don't know if that is what's setting off the Stibilitrac light or if it's the vibration from the new cam. It doesn't set it off as quickly after removing the Pfadt engine mounts.
pbm457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #24
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
I have this same issue now, Christmas in my dash. I opted for a lower profile tire on the front, didn't want to wait . Is there a rock solid fix or should I just unplug the battery overnight and hope for the best?

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #25
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
I have this same issue now, Christmas in my dash. I opted for a lower profile tire on the front, didn't want to wait . Is there a rock solid fix or should I just unplug the battery overnight and hope for the best?

Thanks!
What size tires are you running front/back?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #26
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
What size tires are you running front/back?
The only difference is the front, they're down to 245/35 20 from 245/45 20. My car is freaking out from it. Not sure if they jacked up a TPMS or what but its not happy at all. My backup sensors won't even work, lol. Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #27
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
The only difference is the front, they're down to 245/35 20 from 245/45 20. My car is freaking out from it. Not sure if they jacked up a TPMS or what but its not happy at all. My backup sensors won't even work, lol. Crazy.

That's a 7.2% difference, the only way to fix it is to either buy smaller rears or taller fronts. I have seen many cars with this problem and I haven't, or anyone else I know/read about, been able to disable it.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #28
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
That's a 7.2% difference, the only way to fix it is to either buy smaller rears or taller fronts. I have seen many cars with this problem and I haven't, or anyone else I know/read about, been able to disable it.
Is there nothing the dealer can do?