Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 03-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #29
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
Is there nothing the dealer can do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope. Reprograming for different size tires is easy, but fixing front and rear diameter difference isn't. If you really want to run these 4 tires together and fix this problem you would have to figure out a way to take the pulse signal that comes out of the hubs and either convert the rears to a faster pulse or convert the fronts to a slower pulse.

I think they use something similar for LSx set ups that swap to different tooth count crankshaft reluctor wheels. But you would have to re engineer it for our hubs. Wayyyyyyy too much work than it's worth.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #30
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
Nope. Reprograming for different size tires is easy, but fixing front and rear diameter difference isn't. If you really want to run these 4 tires together and fix this problem you would have to figure out a way to take the pulse signal that comes out of the hubs and either convert the rears to a faster pulse or convert the fronts to a slower pulse.

I think they use something similar for LSx set ups that swap to different tooth count crankshaft reluctor wheels. But you would have to re engineer it for our hubs. Wayyyyyyy too much work than it's worth.
Why then will the TPMS's not program? I try to re-program and it just fails.

This info should definitely be stickied! Would have saved me a ton of trouble.

BTW, I appreciate your help SUX2BU and the info you're giving me.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #31
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Quote:
Why then will the TPMS's not program? I try to re-program and it just fails.

This info should definitely be stickied! Would have saved me a ton of trouble.

BTW, I appreciate your help SUX2BU and the info you're giving me.
Not sure but it may be tied into the stabilitrack.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:03 AM   #32
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

This morning I checked my tire pressure just to see what it showed and the front left tire is the only one showing a reading.

Why would it show this if it's a tire size issue?

Old 03-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #33
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Took in to the dealer hoping I wouldn't need to get different tires for the front and it was a waste of time. Off to the tire shop.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #34
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Getting 275/30/20 for the rears. Hopefully this fixes it. They don't have larger front tires.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #35
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Well that fixed the stabilitrak and ABS issue. Now the tire monitoring system isn't happy. After driving for a bit I re-synced all four tires with the system but it's still telling me the tire monitoring system isn't happy. All 4 tire pressures are reading. Im actually waiting after disconnecting the negative connection on my battery. After a while I'll try to re-sync.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #36
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Re-synced the tire monitor and no more lights. I do believe the speedo is off though. Now what?!

Old 03-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #37
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Quote:
Re-synced the tire monitor and no more lights. I do believe the speedo is off though. Now what?!

There are a few different ways to calibrate your speedo. Got any pics of the car with the new tires? I'm interested in checking it out.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #38
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Quote:
There are a few different ways to calibrate your speedo. Got any pics of the car with the new tires? I'm interested in checking it out.

I've always wanted to lower it and now I may just have to to make it look better. That rear tire looks small!

Old 03-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #39
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Looks good. Yeah, lowering will get the wheel gap back under control, but remember your car will be a LOT lower with lowering springs and the smaller tires.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #40
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Quote:
Looks good. Yeah, lowering will get the wheel gap back under control, but remember your car will be a LOT lower with lowering springs and the smaller tires.
Damn it, I already put the order in for the springs. Maybe I can sell them on eBay if the car is too low. We'll see.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #41
Silver ice SS

Drives: Silver ice Metallic 2SS/RS
I am having this problem now after having my general gmax tires installed. Happened about a month after i put my front tires on. I now have all 4 on, and still have the service stabilitrak message. I'm not sure what it could be... The code its throwing is C0035... I was told thats a wheel speed sensor code. Help guys..
Silver ice SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:55 PM   #42
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
I don't know if this is helpful, since this was with my Silverado. I had the same issue with the ABS system due to tire sizes. This was about 8 years ago too, so a different system. I had to reprogram the truck's BCM with different "pulses per mile" settings for the front and rear sensors. Fronts have two sensors, one per wheel. Rear has one sensor.

Seems that someone with a good knowledge of the BCM programming could fix this on a Camaro in a similiar manner.
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote