Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
jcorte3

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Bushing Kit Camparisons

Has any out there compared the bushing kits offered by Pedders, Prothane, BMR, and PFADT?

I've been saving money for the Pedders Track 1 kit, but I've been curious how the other offerings on the market compare.

Thanks,

JC
jcorte3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
They're all better than stock, so I don't know if anyone's been unhappy enough with one brand to go to another brand.

It would certainly be an interesting research project, though. I'd be willing to do it if I had outside funding... FOR SCIENCE!!!

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
I purchased the Prothane cradle bushing inserts and was very disappointed with the quality. Returned them for a full refund and then got the Pedders street 1 bushing kit. Pedders bushing design is far superior for a 2012 with better firmer quality. The install was prety simple. The bushings make the car a bit more planted. I haven't noticed the cradle slipping out on curves since the install. I would definitely recommend Pedders bushings, but I havent tried the BMR or PFADT,
Cuda7050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcorte3 View Post
Has any out there compared the bushing kits offered by Pedders, Prothane, BMR, and PFADT?

I've been saving money for the Pedders Track 1 kit, but I've been curious how the other offerings on the market compare.

Thanks,

JC
I really can only comment on our BMR bushing and suspension kits since I don't have too much hands on with the other companies parts. We can put together a kit that is very comparable to the one you have been looking at that is much more affordable. I would put our parts up against any of those other companies parts as far as quality, value, and affordability go.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I only have experience with Energy Suspension (same design as BMR) and Pedders. All I can say is that IMO Pedders is the way to go.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=pedders
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcorte3 View Post

Thanks,

JC
We are definitely in the camp of, Do it right the first time and only do it once. With that in mind really the only way to go is with a solid subframe mount rather than a poly bushing which only solves part of the problem. Given the amount of effort it takes to install one of these kits you can definitely save yourself time by going solid.

They do not significantly effect the drivability of the car at all, and really have no downside after they're installed!

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #8
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Been very satisfied with all the BMR parts I've purchased. Check my sig.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #9

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I must spend too much time here...lol...At first, I thought he was looking for a "bashing" kit...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #10
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I must spend too much time here...lol...At first, I thought he was looking for a "bashing" kit...lol
Ban hammer not included

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #11
vfrider

Drives: 2012 2ss/rs mt
I just installed basically every bushing Pfadt makes, along with their rear arms, the weekend before last. I also have a 2012. The car is much more communicative without being harsher in ride quality. Their solid subframe mounts are epic chunks of aluminum, and the design of their rear arms reminds me of load bearing experiments and projects I did in mechanical engineering classes. Dealing with them, they're friendly, knowledgeable, and take the time to address your specific application and concerns.

I do have to give a shout-out to JusticePete from Pedders. I posted a question in this sub-forum, after I hit a snag when I was doing the install, on a weekend, and he stepped right up to offer a professional's opinion and help me out. I even said I was installing Pfadt stuff in my OP and he was still eager to help get the car back on the road and better than ever. That's customer service above and beyond.
vfrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #12
Synner

Drives: cars
Buy from the company that has whatever you want that suits your intended use, budget, and provides good customer service.

I've got something from BMR, Pfadt, Pedders and Energy Suspension on my car. Every single product has been great and customer service has been great from each company (Got the ES stuff through LSR). I buy what I think is best for my use and budget without blind loyalty to a specific company. They all make good stuff. The ES poly isn't the same grade as the others but at 1/3 the price and most of the benefit of other options I didn't need to go nuts and spend a small fortune for a couple things but on others I wanted what I thought was the best out there. The savings helped me upgrade more stuff sooner. If I were making a full on race car with an unlimited budget I might do some things differently. Sadly I'm married so the budget is definitely limited.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #13
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Sadly I'm married so the budget is definitely limited.
Was married
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #14
Synner

Drives: cars
Ha, a divorce would mean 50% less budget. Then I'd be completely screwed and driving a civic.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bushing, kit, suspension package, sway bars