Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #155
mad@gm

Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
Well dealer #4 was no good either, they tried telling me same shit being that its normal for the clutch to engage at the top,spongy feel is typical of a hydraulic system, the exhaust rattle could not be heard, even though it rattled like hell when I left, the front speakers no longer have any bass since replaced and the back are loose as hell still, but Im told they wont touch anything because another dealer has worked on it already, the 1-2 up&down shift issues, were told nothing wrong and was also told that the 1st gear downshift problem is because you cant shift into first until you come to a complete stop(wtf) and my hvac screwed up AGAIN on the way home, the same system Im told is fine, so Im stuck with a piece of shit car that no one will fix or look at, the service apt that I was told would take all day to look at was over in 35 min. nice. I really think Im gonna just call the finance company and tell them to come and get it. $604 a month is not even close to being worth owning a car that sucks-not the camaro as a whole- just mine, sorry for the bad venting but I have had it!
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #156
Pazzo69

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Send a message via AIM to Pazzo69 Send a message via Yahoo to Pazzo69
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad@gm View Post
Well dealer #4 was no good either, they tried telling me same shit being that its normal for the clutch to engage at the top,spongy feel is typical of a hydraulic system, the exhaust rattle could not be heard, even though it rattled like hell when I left, the front speakers no longer have any bass since replaced and the back are loose as hell still, but Im told they wont touch anything because another dealer has worked on it already, the 1-2 up&down shift issues, were told nothing wrong and was also told that the 1st gear downshift problem is because you cant shift into first until you come to a complete stop(wtf) and my hvac screwed up AGAIN on the way home, the same system Im told is fine, so Im stuck with a piece of shit car that no one will fix or look at, the service apt that I was told would take all day to look at was over in 35 min. nice. I really think Im gonna just call the finance company and tell them to come and get it. $604 a month is not even close to being worth owning a car that sucks-not the camaro as a whole- just mine, sorry for the bad venting but I have had it!
That really sucks. Have you tried to call GM and complain? At this point I would raise hell with them and let them know about your issues and how unhappy you are with the car. You may even try reaching out to Fbodfather on here and see if he can help. I know he has looked into issues for other members it is always worth a try. I hope it all works out for you.

A9148076 is alive Born on September 18, 2009

Came home on October 16, 2009

Pazzo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #157
Lord Grey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Ha.

I had posted about my clutch acting weird about five months ago. The problem has been resolved and updated that post (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81710) with the information. Turned out to be a leaking clutch slave cylinder (an internal leak, nothing dripping out on the floor).

VIN #20335

Last edited by Lord Grey; 10-08-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Lord Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:20 PM   #158
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Same here, don't have VIN available.

Mostly issues with changing geers, 1-2, 2-3, shifting is very tight, sometime grinds.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #159
mtbikerinme83

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3-M6
Clutch pedal stuck to floor and smokes about 6 times in 12k miles.
Notchy/slight grind going into 3rd gear (acts like a bad 3rd gear syncro)

been to two different dealers and both said they couldn't reproduce the issues and the last one found the GM TSB about it being driver error. My dealer agreed with me that it seemed like a BS answer, but that it sounds like GM doesn't have a fix for it at this time so there wasn't anything they could do.

Previously:
2010 IBM 2SS LS3-M6
CAI intake with JRE race scoop, VMax TB, Solo HF Catted Mid pipes, and JRE SCT tune
mtbikerinme83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:12 AM   #160
CyberDude

Drives: 2015 Lexus NX 200t F Sport
Guess I'm not the only one with this problem. My 2010 Camaro has less then 1k miles on it and at times the clutch smell extremely bad. I don't beat my car what so ever and have been driving a stick for decades. Once my clutch stuck and I though it might have been in neutral but it was in first gear.
CyberDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:12 AM   #161
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
After bragging how great this car is I am starting to get PISSED OFF.

I have NEVER used the STUPID LAUNCH control.

My clutch is a piece of crap, the flywheel feels warped,

and NOW I think my rear end is fried. It feels like 1 side is grabbing and the

other is slipping.

I have NEVER RACED this thing on a track, I DO NOT beat it !!!

I should have bougth the BMW 135i manual like I WAS GOING TO.

WOW GM YOU NOW PISS ME OFF !!!

FIRST AMERICAN MADE CAR SINCE 1994, I THINK I MADE A MISTAKE.

SHIT.

Sorry for the language. THIS PISSES ME OFF.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:44 PM   #162
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad@gm View Post

If you have the BA system, a lower VIN, and blow your speakers then they replace the amp with a lower output one as well. When my speaker blew I specifically told them do NOT replace my amp.
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:53 PM   #163
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I avoid dealers as much as possible. I don't worry about little problems that they can turn into big problems. (2010 1SS/RS LS3 purchased:12-09-09 driven to date 11-14-10 @ 4,793 miles, currently no problems)
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #164
kilzfire
KILZ

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Black
2nd and 3rd have produced grinding noises for me like the cluth is not actually engaged and your trying to throw into a gear but the thing is the clutch is on the floor and the noise stops on it own and doesn't last long but it scares the crap outta me when it happens and I noticed cold weather maybe a factor just seems klunky if its not been driven for a couple minutes

putting it into gear in those situations is like.....neutral....bump...bump...seated(gear)
I would expect more of ....neutral....bump....seated(gear) to happen instead

glad I read this forum but seriously scared these guys are never going to believe me, maybe let one of the mechanics take it home for the night *cry* or just wait till it really gets bad and rely on the years of warrenty left lol
kilzfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:58 PM   #165
LS 1st gen
Kept the Faith.

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS
Send a message via AIM to LS 1st gen
Just thought this might be interesting:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/24/f...utch-problems/

Sounds like the same issue, but Ford is actually taking car of their customers.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #166
kilzfire
KILZ

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Black
Well I took it in to the dealer I bought it from. So far they cannot reproduce the problem. I asked them to wait till the morning and try again I explained that I shift at about 2k rpm and he said he was trying it at 3.5k and I asked him why that would matter if the clutch is down I should feel no resistance putting it into 3 gear 1k rpm to 6k rpm why would it matter? But at least they are willing to try it again.

I knew they were going to have a problem reproducing this. It goes away after it gets warmed up and has happened more in the cold days then on the warm ones. Luckily its 30 degrees outside so maybe I will be in luck.
kilzfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #167
joe_ace

Drives: 2SSRS
Clutch and Pressure Plate Vibration

Ever since I got on it for the first time at about 1500 miles the clutch began sticking and a vibration sound as I accelerate through 1,2 and 3 come from the transmission area. In addition I get a winding sound as the clutch is engaged, again between 1,2, and 3rd gear. So much so that you can hear it over the radio. I have taken it to two different dealers and they all say that this is normal. It is getting to the point where changing gears is becoming harder, tighter and clunky. This is ridiculous that Chevy is not stepping up to recall these cars. We need to continue voicing our concerns so that something is done. I now have enough ammunition from what I have read to go back to my dealer and request that they look at the lose bolts, clutch, pressure plate and master cylinder.
joe_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #168
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
My dealer just replaced the master cylinder of my clutch. I was sticking when cold at startup and sometimes in competition mode when lauching. Still does the same and even worse now there is a squiking sound everytime a engage it.
I'm bringing itback next spring...
VIN#183817

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote