Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #29
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Wait, what? I love my turbonator. When I installed mine I took the car out on a nice open road. I shoved the gas to the floor and I snapped the seat brackets right off the car. So don't tell me this thing is a hoax.

Well that settles it, I'm buying two!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #30
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Wait, what? I love my turbonator. When I installed mine I took the car out on a nice open road. I shoved the gas to the floor and I snapped the seat brackets right off the car. So don't tell me this thing is a hoax.
Man... sorry to have to break it to you...

But you could always upgrade to the ELECTRIC SUPERCHARGER!

scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:54 PM   #31
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
LOL... oh gawd. Man, I would so install that and review it... Just to prove that it's garbage.

I meant the electric SC lol.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #32
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post

Don't know anything about that one, but I saw one that runs off it's own battery and it does add about 3 psi. Unfortunately, it is only good for about 3-4 trips down the track and you have to recharge.

It takes power to make power!
Old 04-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #33
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:

Son of a, that thing is hot. You got a link? My credit card is OUT!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #34
mpiper

Drives: 2011 Black 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Don't know anything about that one, but I saw one that runs off it's own battery and it does add about 3 psi. Unfortunately, it is only good for about 3-4 trips down the track and you have to recharge.

It takes power to make power!

It's not april 1st. Is this real? I've seen the flake ones like in Scrming's picture. But those are a joke. even their own literature shows they don't work if you can do math. supposedly flows 450 cfm and that makes boost. Yeah, right. How on earth can a battery operated one flow enough to actually work! Even if it's only good for 3/4 of a mile.

Seriously, one of these actually works??????? If so, just wire it to the electrical system and you're good.
mpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #35
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiper View Post
It's not april 1st. Is this real? I've seen the flake ones like in Scrming's picture. But those are a joke. even their own literature shows they don't work if you can do math. supposedly flows 450 cfm and that makes boost. Yeah, right. How on earth can a battery operated one flow enough to actually work! Even if it's only good for 3/4 of a mile.

Seriously, one of these actually works??????? If so, just wire it to the electrical system and you're good.
http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/04...ger/index.html

Think about how many watts of energy are in a deep cycle battery. Unload all of that over the course of less than 1 minute and you have an idea of how much power you could add to the vehicle with 100% effeciency. Never going to get 100% effeciency, but what does? There are several reason the cheapy eBay units don't work. First they are low wattage. Second, even if they were high wattage the alternator simply doesn't produce enough power by itself (simply runs accessories and trickle charges your battery).

Takes power to make power!
Old 04-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #36
mpiper

Drives: 2011 Black 1LT RS
That's actually pretty cool! Totally worthless for a driver, but cool for the uniqueness factor at a drag strip.

So back to the original topic. Has anyone ever gotten an actual performance increase (time to speed, not Peak HP) with the Jet MAF??
mpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #37
tony312
new comer

Drives: 2011 camaro v6 1lt rs
Thanks for the welcome gretchin......i will be visiting alot more often, i like the way the every one talk here, not so uptight like modern camaro forum, i agree about the jet maf, (a little sceptic humor goes along way on saving big bucks) but ya gata think people like jet co. just whould not go into all the trouble to make a product to scam people like that, especialy the a maf, (sensor, electrical, chips, parts of it hav e to be gold overlay) and then turn around and sell for $ 130 bucks, (on the market, jet probly sells it to retailers, like 30% cheaper), and compared to the "turbonator" just plastic, aluminum bent the right way ( studies showed mpg increase) ya now iam thinking''' so dose this make sence to anyone else?
tony312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:30 AM   #38
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony312 View Post
Thanks for the welcome gretchin......i will be visiting alot more often, i like the way the every one talk here, not so uptight like modern camaro forum, i agree about the jet maf, (a little sceptic humor goes along way on saving big bucks) but ya gata think people like jet co. just whould not go into all the trouble to make a product to scam people like that, especialy the a maf, (sensor, electrical, chips, parts of it hav e to be gold overlay) and then turn around and sell for $ 130 bucks, (on the market, jet probly sells it to retailers, like 30% cheaper), and compared to the "turbonator" just plastic, aluminum bent the right way ( studies showed mpg increase) ya now iam thinking''' so dose this make sence to anyone else?
I agree with most of this (intent of Jet and all), but I think a lot of manufacturers assumed the LLT with it's new ECU work exactly the same way as all previous GM motors. For example, what good does it do to add a throttle body spacer with spirals on a Direct Injection engine where fuel/air are mixed in the cylinders? Yet some rushed them to market without understanding how the LLT worked. Look at how long CMax, RX Performance and Mike Norris Racing have been working on a ported throttle body for us. The engines are so efficient to begin with that it is hard to get gains. The difference between the throttle body project and this MAF is that that team has been testing and showing us result. In fact they refused to release the first version because it seemed to make less power. We would just love to see Jet do the same. They probably do that level of work on many of their applications, but why not for the LLT?
Old 04-13-2011, 07:42 AM   #39
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I agree with most of this (intent of Jet and all), but I think a lot of manufacturers assumed the LLT with it's new ECU work exactly the same way as all previous GM motors. For example, what good does it do to add a throttle body spacer with spirals on a Direct Injection engine where fuel/air are mixed in the cylinders? Yet some rushed them to market without understanding how the LLT worked. Look at how long CMax, RX Performance and Mike Norris Racing have been working on a ported throttle body for us. The engines are so efficient to begin with that it is hard to get gains. The difference between the throttle body project and this MAF is that that team has been testing and showing us result. In fact they refused to release the first version because it seemed to make less power. We would just love to see Jet do the same. They probably do that level of work on many of their applications, but why not for the LLT?
actually... I searched a LOT of different forums when this Jet MAF first came out... I never really found ANYONE that could show that the Jet MAF lived up to it's claims, regardless of what kind of car! In fact I found a few guys where the Jet actually caused issues..

I think the Jet MAF is probably at the price point where enough guys will simply spend the money on the HOPE that the Jet MAF will live up to it's claims... and then they never even bother to do any kind of verification... they simply take the companies word...

You bring up TB spacers... I have never seen one make any kind of difference on any kind of modern fuel injected car... yet people still buy them... I mean take a 30 seconds and do a google and you'll easily find that TB spacers don't do anything... yet, people buy them... I'm guessing it the same with the Jet MAFs... enough people simply HOPE they will work and keeps Jet in business...

A majority of people simply don't do any research into these types of products... they simply buy them... like my brother who bought one of those generic computer chips that adds 60+ HP to your car!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:51 AM   #40
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
actually... I searched a LOT of different forums when this Jet MAF first came out... I never really found ANYONE that could show that the Jet MAF lived up to it's claims, regardless of what kind of car! In fact I found a few guys where the Jet actually caused issues..

I think the Jet MAF is probably at the price point where enough guys will simply spend the money on the HOPE that the Jet MAF will live up to it's claims... and then they never even bother to do any kind of verification... they simply take the companies word...

You bring up TB spacers... I have never seen one make any kind of difference on any kind of modern fuel injected car... yet people still buy them... I mean take a 30 seconds and do a google and you'll easily find that TB spacers don't do anything... yet, people buy them... I'm guessing it the same with the Jet MAFs... enough people simply HOPE they will work and keeps Jet in business...

A majority of people simply don't do any research into these types of products... they simply buy them... like my brother who bought one of those generic computer chips that adds 60+ HP to your car!
Ugggh!

I only know one guy personally that bought a TB spacer (my older brother). He claims it improved the MPG on his '97 Silverado. I figure a good CAI will do more so why bother?!?
Old 04-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #41
tony312
new comer

Drives: 2011 camaro v6 1lt rs
ooopppss!!!!! maybe if scrap metal go's up your brother will recover some of his money from the unbeatable hp that a ebay power chip gives that he lost..lol....sorry to hear that.

but as far as jet....i guess i understand what your saying...but is hard to think. some of the inovators in performance products what make somthing like that ya know, Im not saying im going to buy it, but evantualy i whould like to put it to a dyno test, just for kicks....
Old 04-15-2011, 11:23 PM   #42
Capthowdy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to Capthowdy
There is a problem with some early build MAF sensor that were (weak) and gm fixed them and there are codes on them to determine if it is a Weak one or not....Apex has a thread on this and it is very interesting...